It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Do you have any history of previous use of tubes in your ears? Also do you have issues with congestion behind your ear drum due to say your Eustachian tubes not draining properly? I tend to hear high/medium pitch tones like I was doing a hearing test, I occasionally have done on my right ear due to tubes and issues with my Eustachian tubes.

I've had it since I was very young, hearing tones every once in a while. Unless I was destined to be part of some conspiracy that young, it just may be a health/medical related aberration.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Did you ever go to the hearing van in school? Where they play high pitched tones, and you have to raise your hand or push a button?
Every once in a while I still hear one of those tones, just for a second or two.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by hoppy]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this? what is making this noise? its starting to worry me a bit.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Funkydung]

Judging from your avatar I'm almost certain it's tinitus.
I've been in metal and jazz bands for years and I've got some wee tinitus in my ears. It's not a big deal anymore, but now I make sure to use the ol' earplugs when playing. I also have to be careful just when listening to music. I aggrivated my tinitus at the gym the other day with "Between the Buried and Me" blasting through my ipod, so do be carefull.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I played drums for many years and just a few years ago wore hear plugs.

Buy lately I installed a 10" sub in my car with a 500 Watts Amp to crank up the low frequencies (40-60 Hz).

Isn`t it just lovely to listen to music when the bass drum rips you in the back while driving your car ? Yes !!! And NO !!!

Nowadays I have this rigging in my left hear and sometimes goes away and the thing you know it`s back ;(

From now on, I rarely crank my car stereo and use a fan at night to make the ringing go away.

I know it is really annoying but I guess I will have to live with it and avoid loud sounds for a while to see if it will go away.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Very interesting. I wonder if you did a search on ats how many times the word tinnitus comes up. Every so many months someone comes on and posts about a noise in their head. I suppose it could be down to some unknown technology alien interference nwo or even the paranormal. lol

It could be this The sound that repels troublemakers or a variant. Btw I would be interested to hear from anyone who has ever been affected by one of these devices.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Funkypoo,

Could you be experiencing the Taos Hum?

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Hum is a generic name for a series of phenomena involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise not audible to all people."

It's a low frequency humming, you described a high pitched noise. Perhaps it could be the same noise? One man's high pitched noise ...

I'm very interested in reading any follow up on this. Unless it's just Tinnitus.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by SnoodLover]

[edit on 18-2-2007 by SnoodLover]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150
How old are you Funkydung? Constant ear ringing can be a symptom of high blood pressure and a warning sign of a heart attack. I would recommend getting a checkup if you are over 30.

hey shizzle. im 36 in good health. im not overweight and no high blood pressure. i just started noticing it a few weeks ago. i can hear it now..almost piercing at times. being a member of ats all sorts of things go thru my mind as to what it could be.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Tinnitis can be caused by high blood pressure, noise trauma (guns, rock concerts, jets), aspirin or nipride overdose.
The conspiratorial view is that it's a symptom of being implanted with a chip in which case a Bob Beck blood purifier is supposed to neutralize the chip.
I'd go with the blood pressure, aspirin or noise causes first. If you have actual nerve damage, it's permanent (at least with our current level of technology). A white noise generator (or favorite CD's) can block out the noise.
Best of luck.

like i said before my blood pressure is normal. havent really been around any loud noises in a while. i do listen to my ipod at work for most of the day. maybe the magnets in the headphones has something to do with it. i do take hydrocodone from time to time. as far as the chip goes i hope to god im not implanted.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Could you link the other thread, Funkydung?

I have it and it seems more to me like a high frequency signal than an actual sound.

Have already talked to a doc and eliminated tinnitus, although I can't say that at some point I wouldn't check it with another doc if it goes too long!

hey interested.... it does seem like a high frequency signal of some sort. this could be my conspiracy side coming out but i have thought that what if this is some sort of high frequency sound wave that is being sent thru the area where i live. for what purpose i dont know. some people where i work said they have the same ringing in their ears. but i dont think they think twice about it. but then again it could be tinnitus...

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnoodLover
Funkypoo,

Could you be experiencing the Taos Hum?

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Hum is a generic name for a series of phenomena involving a persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise not audible to all people."

That almost sounds like it could be genarators or some other machine underground.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

It is most likely because you listen to music too loud, especialy with ear phones.

When i used to listen to music loud i would get that ringing in my ears you talk about but now that i don't listen to music loud i don't get it anymore.

Before you go thinking you are about to have an heart attack (Probably not)
answer me if you listen to music too loud.

I would bet anything on it being because you listen to either ear phones too loud or speakers too loud.

hey selfless...ive definatly had my days of listening to loud music years ago but these days not as much. i might listen to tool or some old sepultura but its only once or twice a week. not enough to damage my ears. but maybe i did do some damage back in the day.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That almost sounds like it could be genarators or some other machine underground.

I agree to that being a plausible explanation, Hoppy. I am currently researching ATS for other threads that address a 'hum' in this manner.

Tinnitus, weird hum. Anyone have any other creative or alternate solutions or ideas?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

i do listen to my ipod at work for most of the day.

I garantee you that's your reason right there.

Everybody in the world who ever listened to ear phones will experience this buzzing noise.

The reason why you made a thread of this however is because, you simply have a mild case of paranoya :0

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

not enough to damage my ears. but maybe i did do some damage back in the day.

But it doesn't damage it, you can listen to loud music for 20 minutes and because of it a few hours later you get a rining noise in your ear it's only temporary.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Guys try it out for your selves,

Listen to loud music a bit and then you will get a ringing noise in your ears some time in the day.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

we were talking in another thread and a few of us realize that we can hear a high pitched noise sorta like the whine of the television but we can still hear it when everything is turned off. its to the point with me that it causes discomfort to my eardrums. if im busy or somewhere where theres lots of people i forget about it and dont notice it but when im in my apt. or somewhere quite in can definatly hear it. was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this? what is making this noise? its starting to worry me a bit.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Funkydung]

I have Meniere's disease and ringing in the ear is one of the symptoms. I also suffer from significant hearing loss and constant dizziness. I have periodic attacks that keep me bed ridden for weeks and I am at the pooint now where I can no longer work and will file for dissability.

You can research Menieres by going a google on it. Good luck in your search Funky!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

not enough to damage my ears. but maybe i did do some damage back in the day.

But it doesn't damage it, you can listen to loud music for 20 minutes and because of it a few hours later you get a rining noise in your ear it's only temporary.

i hope its temporary. but today is sunday. i have been hearing this from the time i woke up this morning and i havent listened to the ipod since thursday.
plus ive been hearing this for a few weeks now. i dont know selfless i really dont think its the ipod. i wont listen to it for a few more days and see if this goes away.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yeah...Ive had ringing...what is this a survey!

Seriously though, I have found that when it happens it goes away when I relax and accept its there and listen..allow it to be.

Thats just me. lol

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnoodLover

I am currently researching ATS for other threads that address a 'hum' in this manner.

Let me know what you find out. It would be kinda funny if secret bases could be found by the ground humming.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

i dont know selfless i really dont think its the ipod. i wont listen to it for a few more days and see if this goes away.

Well that has happened to me before too, the ringing stayed for a few days but it goes away.

No need to make a conspiracy out of this one..

I am open minded and open to everything but this i know is just temporary.

And im prety sure you don't have that condition that guy have that keeps him in bed... sorry to hear that Bugsy , best of luck with it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join