It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion = control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, yes, religion is about control in many of religion's forms. We know this. We've covered this. I would think that *somebody* would come up with something original and worthwhile... c'mon people...

Well why dont you lead by example.
Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Nice try to shove my own statement in my face, but I'm not the one making worthless, beat-down, previously discussed topics, am I now?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
True, But its the newer members who are.
Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's the new ones I'm chewing on.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Religion is part of the control system.

But there is only a few options here.

You do not believe in anything greater than yourself other than what you can see, which is very limiting or,

you believe in a higher power either of the light or the dark.

You choose and you win and lose that is how it is.

Those that sit on the fence or play dumb will be caught in the crossfire in the end.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by worshipthemoon

Originally posted by CyberGhost

I find it amusing that Christians refer to themselves as sheep or part of Jesus' flock. It's like an admission of being a mindless drone.

Worshipthemoon, God referred to His children as his flock (it was symbolic language akin to the ancient days.) and Jesus referred to his followers in the same way (as in child-like. To become like a child in the sight of God is to believe without question. That greatest love.) The references have nothing to do with the terms of today. Today a sheep equates to being a lemming. Braindead. A follower.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Religion is a form of control.

Only if you're a Catholic. Actually, to be born again in the spirit is freedom in itself.

Surely it's obvious to many that the story of God and the Bible are simply methods to keep people in line, not thinking to much.

That is not true, Earthtone. That is your opinion from the outside looking in. Many, many believers do not see it that way. I am a Christian believer, and I think too much! Were I not a believer, though, I would not really care about what is going on in the world/politics. I'd be too busy being into the world.

Religion causes more war than it's worth though so I really don't think it's really worth it.

Religion does not cause war. Man causes war.

I think people of the future will look back at our primitive beliefs in a higher being. They will certainly laugh at all the fighting related to these beliefs.

I think on the day of judgement, and we all be there, man will be sorry that he blasphemed God.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
sorry for posting such topic, won't bother you again!

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
sorry for posting such topic, won't bother you again!

CyberGhost,
There's no reason for you to apologize. There have been worse threads, or should I say, threads of lesser quality. There's nothing wrong with exploring these issues. So keep it up. There's always someone who might learn something new or come to a different perspective.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't blame God, I blame religious institutions/organizations... They are the real culprits in many wars/conflicts.. Look at the crusades, they along killed in the name of the "loving " God... I too believe in God, but I don't believe in religion.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yeah, it's sad. The bible says men are born into sin. So, people sin. It's the human condition. Then God gets the blame because it's easier than confessing our wrong-doing.

What I'd like to know, is what is it about the Catholic church that causes so many to despise God and religion? I've never met an angrier bunch throughout the years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join