It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian People Help Me out this time, not like the lat two times you didn't bother. Please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I imagine this must have already been discussed, but you people like me anyway, so can you explain this for me.

I'll put it this way: When we get to Heaven, (assuming of course the 144,000 is metaphorical, or all the rightous get into heaven.) then since God is invisible, and The Holy Ghost is invisible: we are going to only see Jesus Christ as he was on Earth? I know you propbably don't understand, but I don't get the whole relationship.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well, I am not a Christian but I am very spiritual, so I don't know if my opinion will count. Take it with a grain of salt if you wish.

I used to be a JW and so I did study the Christian Bible. Let's take that and work with it in keeping with the common sense that our creator gave us.

The Christian Bible used the phrase, "the person of God" and said that we are "created in His image." Therefore I never saw the Christian God as invisible. He has an image and a personage, so why wouldn't you see him?

The Holy Ghost, being a power and not a person, may very well be intangible - just like love is intangible. We can't see it, but we can feel the effects of it.

As far as seeing Jesus as he was on Earth - Before ascending to heaven he made a comment that none should touch him as God wasn't finished with him yet. Also, he must have changed in form somewhat because some people didn't recognize him immediately. Whose to say that he hasn't changed some more and his appearance may be different that it was here on Earth, although I don't think it will matter because I am sure you will be able to tell which one he is.

Some people see the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as one being - the Holy Trinity. If that is true, then there may only be one "person" to see anyway.

Now if you believe in heaven and that it is a place of perfection, reward, etc. Then I am sure that whatever you find there, and whoever you should see, will be good enough for you. Would they call it heaven otherwise? Is it really worth worrying about what will be there? Should we not be worried more about what it is that we are doing here?

I am sure that there are actual Christians here that will provide more complete answers and can probably give you exact verse numbers to back it up with - they may even disagree with me totally and present something completely different. I just felt the need to address your issue. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The problem is the question. It will get answers from Christians of different sects and opinions, and thus these answers will vary wildly. I will give you my personal answer though. I claim to represent no man except myself, but I do claim to represent what I feel is the truth. Gosh that makes me self righteous don't it?? heheh..

"In his likeness" or "In our likeness" does not mean that God's true form is humanoid. Maybe it just means that God's true form has eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Or maybe it has none of these, but has 2 arms and 2 legs, and can stand upright. Or maybe something else.

God is known as "invisible", or the "invisible god", but that is only to humans on Earth. In Heaven, as far as I know based on the scriptures, it does not say that God will be invisible at all. Infact, it speaks alot about God sitting in a throne.

As far as Jesus goes, this is just my opinion, but I think that in Heaven, people look like they did on Earth except at their most beautiful, and ontop of that, add a spell of perfection over each being, so that everyone is the equivalent of being vastly beautiful. So with that in mind, I think Jesus would look as he is depicted, and as he actually looked, except even 'better', perfected and even more beautiful, with an aura of beautiful colors just emanating from all around his being.

In Heaven, beings do not have flesh. It's my opinion that they are made of light, as bright as the sun to a human eye.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sneaking Suspicion
I imagine this must have already been discussed, but you people like me anyway, so can you explain this for me.

I'll put it this way: When we get to Heaven, (assuming of course the 144,000 is metaphorical, or all the rightous get into heaven.) then since God is invisible, and The Holy Ghost is invisible: we are going to only see Jesus Christ as he was on Earth? I know you propbably don't understand, but I don't get the whole relationship.

1- 144,000 ...there is an hierachy to the Kingdom of God, the 24 elders, the archangels, gabriel and michael, 144,000 are the tribes and peoples but if yu read further on there was a number without number more than the sands of the seas, I believe that would include us.

2- The relationship...As in another post quite simply, the telephone theory.

A- We are the wall jack, the Holy Spirit is the cord, Jesus is the receiver and God is the base.

Holy Spirit is the direct energy, Jesus is the mediator the one we communicate to. God is the base, the brains of its whole design and componants. We simply plug in:-) Faith is our plug:-)

*Hope this helps.

top topics

join