It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit scared but intrested in this site!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
TextHello all I am a bit new to this have been reading stuff on the site for awhile now. I've never been a member properly and to be honest the amount of stuff you have to read on here is daunting but I enjoy reading could anyone told me what subjects are worth to read and then post on as newbie as I am sure some of the more established members here must not want newbies butting in on what they don't know! I do love the site but it's just massive and a bit to get your head around with the amount of info you need to take in.

I come from the UK live just NW of london. I have never taken anything on face value what we are told by the goverment here or news agency's. So if anyone can help me on here and give me some guidance that would be appricated.
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Welcome lazuruswolf, you've found yourself a great site.

Before you post use the search facility at the top of the page, using keywords to narrow down your results.

A common mistake made by newbies is the posting of topics which have already been discussed.

If a you have a question that you can't find an answer for regarding a specific subject, then initiate a thread, try to choose the correct forum, I still get this wrong on occasions, but the mods will soon put you on the right track by placing the thread in the correct forum.

There are some incredible people here ATS and as long as you show respect, you shall receive respect.

A large amount of handy information can be found here:
ATS Handbook

If you have any specific questions you have problems with don't hesitate to U2U me using the link below this post.

Good Luck....

p.s. I hail from NW London.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Cool small world! I normally find in past experience that people live 1,000's of miles from me so that's a first for me! Yeah I'll have a looksie at that hand book as well at a later date on here and read up on it and likely it will help me with the site and getting about it! Thanks for the message!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A good place to start is BTS, get to know some of the members, post on some general topics or join in on some of the games, gather some confidence.
We were all noobs at one time or another, 99% of the members will make you welcome, the staff and mods here are exceptional.

Btw welcome i look forward to catching up with you around the board.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Nothing to be scared of here
. While the large number of topics and discussions can at first seem overwhelming, after a bit you will navigate through them like an old pro!!!

Welcome

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I hope that you like it here as much as I do.

In my signature are some links that you might find useful.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks to you all I've been a bit snowed under with other commitments lately and not been on here as much as I would like. One Question what's the mentor thing like and how can I join as this place is fascinating but also very daunting to me still and I'd love to be able to chat with someone who's been on here for some time longer then me!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Once you have made 20 posts you can send a U2U (User to User) message to ask another member questions. Of course you can send a U2U to any moderator at any time without restriction. The link to this function is at the top if the page and is called "member center". It's where you manage your account settings.

Aside from that the best way to learn your way around is to jump in feet first into a topic. You can continue to ask questions in this thread if you like. That would enable any member who feels like helping to stop in and answer a question.

As far as navigation goes, there's the board home (this is a link click me) as well as the below top secret forum. (yet another link) As Koka mentioned, the ATS handbook (Link in my signature) is a great place to learn about navigating and using this site.

Glad to have you here.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We very seldom bite, and when we do its never very hard
. Enjoy.

Most of us are actually very nice folks, even us yanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazuruswolf
what subjects are worth to read and then post on as newbie

Anything that Sparks your interest, always feel free to add your thoughts, opinions, and contribute your own information, and if you can't find a topic that you really want to discuss by using the ATS search, then open a new thread in the most appropriate forum.

Fear no one, or nothing, except ignorance.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS, lazuruswolf!

Be sure to get yourself familar with the T&C - Don't want to break any rules

Also check out BTS - A laid back place to joke around and talk about any subject you could imagine.

As well as Above Politics all your Politic interests.

HERE is your very own customizable ATS profile. Tell a little about yourself and leave comments on other member's profiles.

If you have any questions just ask; I am always willing to help

And above all, have fun

Enjoies

top topics

join