It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Display of Light (Pic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I was on the road a couple months ago when I saw, and was compelled to pull over and photograph. Some people may see an image in the clouds... Photo was taken at 9am at Knik River landing, Glen Highway, just out of Anchorage. This area is across the inlet, behind Elmendorf AFB. It was beautiful to see, the picture was taken with a small digital, wish I had my 35mm when I saw this.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
~Awesome pic. Behold! the holy light! lol.....again nice picture. This blue marble has many wonders.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A fascinating picture Journey!!

How near to local sunrise was it taken (just out of interest) *and* is that a "sun dog" (the yellow "ball") to the left of the picture ie did you notice it at the time or is it some sort of reflection. artefact of the camera itself?

Thanx for sharing with us all!!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Looks to be a well lit town over a hill. Either that or the sun setting, Either way, its a gorgeous picture.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
nice pic...what image have people seen in the past? I don't see anything out of this world, but I do see one beautiful display of worldly wonders

thanks for sharing.
we've been getting some realy brilliant blood red sunrises here lately, remings me of the glow of Mordor

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Here is an interesting link to the most beautiful aurora photos I have seen- take the whole tour, it is worth it-AURORA

The previous display had a lot of heads turning as I drove the Glen highway- no interstates here, and there is not a town there. Sundog I noticed...wierd and beautiful. Some friends of mine swear they see an image in the clouds, I dunno.

In a moment I will post the most unusual aurora borealis picture I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is the link for the other photo, was posted here and no need to take up unnecesarry space-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Post # is 296742

This one is wild- twister like aurora

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
wow....too bad the picture quality is so grainy...but DAMN!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yeah, what have people seen in the cloud?

Personally, I see the face of Satan.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
WOW! you take some amazing pictures, journey. awesome. don't tell us what we're supposed to see. let's do an ink blot test.
i see nothing yet, but i'll keep looking and give you mine.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ahhh- so some body does see something- The second photo (link above) I had to scan, as the photo was not available on The Anchjorage Daily news site, and that one occurred about 3 weeks ago- so I scanned it, hense the poor quality. I did see aurora action that night, but not this particular display.
The auroras are incredible, and many here. Some nights they are so bright you can read a book by them.
Ink blot test? I'm all for it- we shall see.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
The auroras are incredible, and many here. Some nights they are so bright you can read a book by them.

I *envy* you journey!!

I've only seen the Aurora Borealis from my location (approx 52N lat) *once* in my Life - as an astronomer, that's terrible (but sodium street lighting is also a problem in UK!!)

here's to *dark* skies!!

new topics

top topics

join