It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Text

It isn't that any of us don't believe in their existance or that our government knows that they've been here a very long time but can anyone truly believe that humans, in our life times, will have contact.

Look at our society and the international swirling of events. Controlled by a secret group of people, maybe, but that it what is real.

A loving parent doesn't let 6 year old Bobby take the family car out, go shoot a shotgun or tell him about the birds and the bees. He just can't understand or physically do any of that stuff practically yet and without possibly hurting himself or others.

I think it is the same with the Aliens. With our tribal warfare on the forefront of our civilization I can't imagine an advanced race of beings giving us free energy that we would then use to make never ending energy rifles or giving us antigravity that we would slap on our new never ending energy battle tanks.

I also think it's the same with the non physical elements that they could provide us. Actual knowledge of how the universe was made. possible contact with "the" creator of the universe through advanced spiritual concepts or means or everlasting life through some type of metaphysical spirit transfering methods....

The list goes on but none of it is real. And the entire idea that they want to be seen and heard is complete rubish from my very limited perspective on the subject.

They are parents that have put the gun high up in the master bedroom closet, put the keys to the car just our of reach on the key hooks and respond about baby questions with answers that have birds flying babyies down in their beaks. We should consider our selves lucky to even be able open our minds up to the idea of such things.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a 6 year old indeed can not make a right and wrong judgement call.
We as adults are capable.
We war over land, food, medicine and fuel. Who's to say when the aliens land we will be able to stop this war style when we no longer have to worry about these things to fight over.
Land, we go some where else, another planet
food, technology provided to us helps us increase production
fuel, free energy
medicine, technology helps that as well.

Your points are valid, but we are not as bad off as you may suggest, especially if we had the means to eliminate the things we fight over.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts

Your points are valid, but we are not as bad off as you may suggest, especially if we had the means to eliminate the things we fight over.

Every war ever fought in the history of man has boiled down to religion at some level. Think about that for a moment. If religion was removed from our culture we could IMO live a very peaceful and purposeful life. Not that there would be no killing (people kill for a variety of resons).....but war is and always has been about religion.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Text

You're absolutely right. Without a doubt. However, that only raises another question/idea.

Then why haven't they come? If the aliens believe that we would have benifited from their technology and or resources, where are they?

My main argument is that, to them, we are like children. Even as adults, as you so rightly put it, we are capable of making decision that are right and good indeed.

But to comment more directly: You have to remember what it was like when we were 16 and 17 and how right and knowledgable we all thought we were but in reality we had no concept of what life was about, even for our own little universes within ourselvs.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by autobotmulletron
Text

You're absolutely right. Without a doubt. However, that only raises another question/idea.

Then why haven't they come? If the aliens believe that we would have benifited from their technology and or resources, where are they?

My main argument is that, to them, we are like children. Even as adults, as you so rightly put it, we are capable of making decision that are right and good indeed.

But to comment more directly: You have to remember what it was like when we were 16 and 17 and how right and knowledgable we all thought we were but in reality we had no concept of what life was about, even for our own little universes within ourselvs.

I understand your position here. I respect it and I admire it. PEACEFUL discussion about "what" about "why" and "when"... good stuff.

Now...

1) Are you not assuming they have NOT come?
2) Are you not assuming they have NOT given us this technology?
3) What if I told you that, to THEM, we are "created wonderfully"?
4) Are you not assuming that no one has given us ALL these "rules" and "guidelines" to get through "adolescence"?

Some food for thought...

SP

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you see what is going on with our planet, it becomes very easy to see that thing's aren't what they could be. segrigation's, religion's, politics and worst of them all "Control of it all".
I for one see the world in an "Indifferent" way. I don't expect much from anyone. I can fish, I can hunt and I could survive asa loner. But, such as thing's may be, I am limited to doing so.
If I were a visitor from another planet and was seeking refuge, I imagine it would be from the same exact thing's from once I was a part of. My personal opinion of why we are being visited very greatly, could be from depletion of the natural resouces causing global wars , to being able to find a nitch in the solar system's that would allow for my kind to survive and prospure.
I believe there are thing's going on in the Universe that are much similiar as our existance. That is why we strive to find new and more exceptable agreements between any and all crede's.Unfortunately, we have devised a way of control and segrigation that we as a population are capable of calling all the shot's through finance and power.
I am an "Atheist" because there is no true or "One God", there is only ourselves and we are the master's of our outcome, as long as thing's keep going the way they are, "There will never be no hope for a 'Uhtopia' on planet earth, and why would you want to go back to what you had left behind?"

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShadow

Originally posted by acmeartifacts

Every war ever fought in the history of man has boiled down to religion at some level. Think about that for a moment. If religion was removed from our culture we could IMO live a very peaceful and purposeful life. Not that there would be no killing (people kill for a variety of resons).....but war is and always has been about religion.

Almost true. Read other threads in this forum about people dying for their beliefs and it is ovious that many people would willingly die for their religious beliefs. When you have two opposing forces with different belief systems, then you might as well keep on feeding the war all of their babies. I also believe that a nation's government is so entrenched with a religious belief system, that it is impossibe to distinguish between the two. There is no separation of Church and State, they are two heads of the same body.

Scrapping religion/government would certainly help deflate the killing intent of many zealots.

There have been some wars over real-estate, have their not? I'm thinking the British-Argentine war over the Falkland Islands?

The aliens must think we're pathetic.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by autobotmulletron

It isn't that any of us don't believe in their existance or that our government knows that they've been here a very long time but can anyone truly believe that humans, in our life times, will have contact.

Of course UFOs exist. Are they "alien" craft? Don't know.

Does the government know they exist? Yes. They've never said they don't exist, only that they don't appear to represent a national security threat. And they apparently haven't, so far.

I suspect that the government has some additional information about these things, but few, if any, definitive answers. And because the government doesn't like other governments to know what it doesn't know, it tries to keep its ignorance a secret through highly compartmentalized security classification and (when there is the inevitable leak) disinformation.

My guess is that except for maybe having solid pieces of these things to poke with a stick, we know roughly as much as the government does, it's just very hard for us to sort through the disinformation.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It is funny to me, not ha ha funny, just peculiar, that the UFO/alien topic always ends up with some sort of government conspiracy. Yes, they probably know a little more than we do, but can we really believe that the aliens are in contact with our government? That would mean that the aliens know about our governing bodies, and even care. Why would they give a crap about our government? To ask permission to come and take us and test us, mutilate our livestock, scare our children? They don't need permission, they do what they want because we can do nothing to stop them. They are never going to land on the White HOuse lawn, because they don't need us to believe in them. THey come, do what they need to do, and leave. We are paralyzed, and the government doesn't talk about it because they won't admit that they cannot protect us from this. SO, they work to either debunk or ignore the situation as best they can.
ALso, our fighting is always ideological, and often about property. From what I have read about the abduction experience, the aliens wish for us to transcend our material obsessions, and to open up to a higher form of spirituality that is bigger and more impressive than any of our religions.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Now...

1) Are you not assuming they have NOT come?
2) Are you not assuming they have NOT given us this technology?
3) What if I told you that, to THEM, we are "created wonderfully"?
4) Are you not assuming that no one has given us ALL these "rules" and "guidelines" to get through "adolescence"?

Some food for thought...

A casual rebuddle to your very intuitive responses.

1.) No, I know that 'something' is here at an almost non stop rate around the world but remains hidden from view.

2.) As for technology... they could have already given that to "someone". Afer all, a parent provides his or her children with 'small' bits of the puzzle all the time. If they have given advanced technology to a human, why haven't the lifes of both you and me become "free" so to speak? You'd think that if those technologies we meant for the human race as a whole, we'd already have that stuff in our daily lifes.

3.) We are created wonderfully. This is true with ot without the presence of aliens.

4.) And your forth comment flows presicely with what I said in the beggining. Even as adults, I am sure that our most bright minds are but small candles to their collective wisdom and intellect. And yes, I truely believe as you do that we certainly have taken, from all sorts of sources outside of our own small circles as a society, information to help us grow and live as a species.

However, you were right to say that was good food for good thought.

new topics

top topics

join