It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan 2012 = December 2007?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I looked at the first third before dropping off to sleep.

I heard a Monk and some Archaeologists talk about this. Are there any actual Astronomers on this video? If I can afford the time I may finish watching it!!

I note from the start that the narrator says "could" the sun be part of a binary system. I have heard of no evidence to back the idea. But surely if the Mayans etc were so advanced to understand the workings of binary system mathematics they would have included it in there various charts and systems.

I could just be that observable data was used to predict star movements. Of course the problem here is that they would need as a civilisation a full cycle of 25000 years at least to work from.

I think the whole 2012 / 2007 thing is hokam. If all these wonderful mysterious civilisations were capable of redicting the future, where are they now? In the last hundreds of years the Europeans have "discovered worlds and destroyed the civilisations that were there. In the south Americas where so many of these "advanced" peoples hailed from, where so many "end of days" predictions are supposed to have come from, they did not predict the end of their own existence.

Of course you may say that the arrival of the evil European conquerors could not be predicted by the stars. A good point perhaps but is that what happened to ancient civilisations? They thought "Oh we're allright for a bit nothings happening for a thousand years!!" and so ignored impending doom because it was not predicted?

I will sleep as soundly tonight as I will at the end of the year or either side of 2012. If we kept on taking notice of all the loony crackpot theories out there we would never get anything done. Personally, I believe, what will be will be. I try to live a blameless life just incase there is a maker
, I try not to cause harm to other living things but I am not too worried about the end. Of course there are horrible ways to go, but equally there could be horrible ways to live on...imagine an eternity in Wales being terrorised by close harmony singing

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Who wants to place a bet? Next year its 2012=2008... Anyone? I'll place 2 cents that early next year they'll say the end of the world is December 2008.

I still have doubts about 2012 (looks like the "end of the world" is turning into a type of fad, with 2012 as the "deadline"), but lets not jump to conclusions.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Calenders are based on the observation of objects in the sky and yes sometimes the whim of yet another king that "thinks" he is God and just starts changing things.

It doesn't really matter as science caught up a long time ago.

As you look at a simulation of the planets and star alignments in a piece of software like WinStars or Stellarium, you can see for yourself what happens.

On December 21st, 2012 the whole solar system does indeed cross the galactic plane.

What alignments happen this year? I'm looking at this very moment.

What is going to happen in 2012? That's anyones guess.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
see the thing is that i do believe like robert dean said that they have been here for 7000 years meaning that they could have put a prophecy of some sorts in there. maybe that means disclosure or return or what? all i can say is that with the world the way it is now something big will happen but whether or not it is bad or good depends on how you look at it

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

"could" the sun be part of a binary system.

This site talks about binary star system check it out. First 1 i googled.

binary star system

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
im back to bark. i hope aliens destroy earth and kill all humans because they deserve it,humans are stupid

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
has anyone else ever noticed there arent any mayans left? I mean they died out sometime, so obviously they had to kind of quit making calanders and all, or else they'd be making calandars and telepathically sending them to us, which hasn't been happening. So yeah they quit making calandars and the date just happened to be 2012. I mean c'mon it could have been 2008 2030 or like 3005...whatever. I mean yeah maybe we're crossing the cosmic plain or something, whatever, but I doubt its the end of the world. I'll be sleeping calmly and if anything happens, tell me in the morning

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join