It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone out there who knows what this really is?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It was roughly 2 weeks ago me and my friend decided we would go to the woods back behind my house (people told us there was some kind of creature back there) after hearin about a few peoples "encounters" with the beast I call The Dark-One we headed out. It was dusk by the time we found anything that was wierd, the first thing that got us shakin was what was once a deer ripped, shreaded, and suspended about 25ft. from trees... thats when we saw it... we started turning around to go back, and it was standing roughly 10ft. away from us.It was about 7-8ft. tall, its head was like that of a cat except it had a snout like a caiman, it had a "spine" that broke through its back, claws about 3 in. in length, hooved feet, but the thing that struck me the most was that it had a energy give like a human and if it wasnt for my gift (see my thread The only one?) I would most likely be dead now... if you know WTH this is please tell me because I have seen it walking into my yard from the woods about 6 times since then.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Where do you live? Did the creature have wings?

It reminds me of the Jersey Devil...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Where do you live? Did the creature have wings?

It reminds me of the Jersey Devil...

Was going to say the same thing.

Sounds very much like the Jersey Devil, though there were never reports of it mauling animals were there?

All i can say is the same as always. If you have a camera... any type of camera no matter how old, keep it with you at all times. Once you get photographs of this thing post them.

We can't do much to help otherwise.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
hello Leech,

if u'd like, i can do an artist's rendition of what u saw.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, since its obviously prowling the area around your
house you should take the following precautions:

Get yourself some firepower.
Get some bodyarmor.
Get some more firepower and a few friends with even
more firepower and go out there and kill that freaking
thing and show it to the cops, Im actually quite amazed
that you havent already done so.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah real smart there human, do not understand what it is, and it never hurts you, so go splatter its brains... Thank the gods you cannot get off this planet. Live and let live with something like that, it obviously doesnt care about you, so ignore it till it gets hostile.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leech

. . . if you know WTH this is please tell me because I have seen it walking into my yard from the woods about 6 times since then.

If you seriously see it that much, get a videocamera, get a regular camera. Get something, anything to document this sucker.

Not to frighten you, but if you never saw it before, and then you encountered it, and now it's always around your house every 2 or 3 days, then this thing IS COMING FOR YOU. Take it out, before it takes you out. Although if you fail and it can withstand bullets or something, then it will likely be after you even more.

#1 is your safety
#2 is giving the world undesputable proof of something completely unexplainable.

Either move and get away from it, or get it on film so people can tell you what it is and how to get rid of it, or try to get rid of it yourself.

Originally posted by Vekar
Yeah real smart there human, do not understand what it is, and it never hurts you, so go splatter its brains... Thank the gods you cannot get off this planet. Live and let live with something like that, it obviously doesnt care about you, so ignore it till it gets hostile.

Maybe you missed the part about the mutilated deer 25 feet up in a tree, and the part about him likely not being alive if it wasn't for a certain ability he had, and it being called "The Dark One". In my opinion, by the time it starts getting hostile, it will be too late. If it's killing stuff not for the purpose of eating it, I'd say it's pretty hostile already. By your logic, you should let someone with a gun walk into your house undisturbed until they start being hostile towards you. If this story is even real, he is definately not dealing with something friendly.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
There are two alternatives i think either youre making it up for attention or youre delusional, if I had to guess Id say the first one.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yar, first off, if there is a mutilated dear halfway up a tree and not eaten either:
A: The animal acts like wolves and other wild meat eaters, they get disturbed they may run off and leave a mutilated carcass, this sucker is 8ft tall, so it would be halfway up a tree, I doubt it would eat its food on the ground, and judging then by its primitive nature, I doubt it would have a table to eat on and forks and spoons like you would hope. Also being in the forest, suspend your prey high above the ground to keep bears from getting to it, 8ft tall or not, a bear is still a worthy opponent.
B: This is some sicko who is on some "high heals" of sorts and is doing this just to scare his pants off. Also it being black would make it harder to identify as hoax or reality.
C: The creature is acting like primitive humans, they hung skulls, heads, body parts, etc around their territory to scare off others. Which would mean this thing has a level of intelligence, though low, it still has it.

So take your pick, those are the LOGICAL responses, remember if this is true we have NO IDEA what it is, other than the fact it has ALWAYS left him alone. Logical thinking please.
Edit: added a few lines

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Vekar]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My first thought was big foot just by the stature of what you described. But as you described a cat head and a snout, I instantly thought werewolf. But then I thought a wolf wouldn't leave his prey laying around, but it may not be hungry either. So my best guess is a werewolf....Or something like it.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
El Chupacabra perhaps?
skepdic.com...
Look at the picture.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
El Chupacabra perhaps?
skepdic.com...
Look at the picture.

Only problem with that is they don't stand 7 nearly 8 feet tall man.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'd love to see a video of something with hoofed feet try and climb a tree.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have a possible explanation for the deer up in the tree.

Is your house anywhere near a train station or train tracks? Where I live, we found a deer high up in a tree once, and it was because a train hit the deer pretty hard and it flew up into the branches. Although this is extremely rare since the deer has to be hit from the correct angle, it can be done and has been accomplished.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah if it frequents your yard then it can't be too hard to get a picture or video of it. Until then, well it's just a story!

I'll look forward to it though.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The jersey devil is currently in the infirmary due to illness.

Maybe you saw the mothman who is a rather large fellow?

Fear not, in any case.
Fear nothing.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The only thing that kept me from say for sure it was a werewolf was the hooved feet, that just doesn't fit into it. Is it possible that you only saw the creature's ankles, its feet maybe sinking into the ground? That might have given it the appearance of having hooves. Besides you said is was dusk, maybe your eyes had something to do with its appearance too...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leech
It was roughly 2 weeks ago me and my friend decided we would go to the woods back behind my house (people told us there was some kind of creature back there) after hearin about a few peoples "encounters" with the beast I call The Dark-One we headed out. It was dusk by the time we found anything that was wierd, the first thing that got us shakin was what was once a deer ripped, shreaded, and suspended about 25ft. from trees... thats when we saw it... we started turning around to go back, and it was standing roughly 10ft. away from us.It was about 7-8ft. tall, its head was like that of a cat except it had a snout like a caiman, it had a "spine" that broke through its back, claws about 3 in. in length, hooved feet, but the thing that struck me the most was that it had a energy give like a human and if it wasnt for my gift (see my thread The only one?) I would most likely be dead now... if you know WTH this is please tell me because I have seen it walking into my yard from the woods about 6 times since then.

Head of a cat, snout of a caiman, A big spine on its back, clawed forefeet and hooved rear feet, bipedal, and despites its frequent forays into your backyard, you haven't managed to snap a picture of this creature - which despite your need to use what I suppose is a magic power to get away from it, seems to pose no real danger to you, given its frequent visits.

My friend, you have been visited by the Ambulatory Photoshop Amalgamation!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
you asked if any one knew what was going on .

i smell a hoax

your " creature " with such an ill matched fusion of incompatible body parts , is what gave it away

that and your apparent inability to progress beyond annecdotal story telling

if it has " visited " your yard 6 times in 14 days - how did it get to and from unseen by others

and why have you been unable to produce a single peice of physical evidence ?

not even a hoof print from your yard - it must be getting churned up by now

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Classic case of someone reading a description of a mythical creature and then creating a post that says - hey 'mythical creature forum type people' any idea what this is.....

I know without a doubt that if somehting like this happened to me - the last thing I would do is ask for help on a forum. I might discuss it at some later date, but my ass would be straight off to the local police and or press.

The story doesn't hold up, the usual lack of evidence crap is there (for a change) and I imagine the ususal crap excuses for lack of evidence will be forthcoming.

You've earned yourslef a few ATS points now stop waisting our time or provide some evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join