It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-116: Environmental Research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I would like to ask if I may, if anyone is familiar with the recent NASA STS-116 mission, in particular the environmental research that was undertaken.

I have been meaning to look into this, but have been ill and therefore unable to cover as much research as I would have liked. I would like to establish what kind of probes were launched during the mission, from the Space Shuttle Discovery:

. What size, position?
. How many?
. What date/time, duration?
. Did these objects move under their own propulsion?
. Did they flash?

I really appreciate any help you can offer..I think you can see where this is leading.

Thanks for your interest.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Ross Cross]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interesting - I'd like to check out that info to.

There might be some relevant info linked to this page:

www.nasa.gov...

NASA

NASA

"a Department of Defense pico-satellite known as Atmospheric Neutral Density Experiment "

[edit on 2/17/2007 by lagos]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hi Lagos, and thank you for supplying that information which was spot-on. .

Discovery separated from the International Space Station on Dec. 19 to begin two days of final homecoming preparations, including a focused inspection of the orbiter's heat shield, deployment of three small scientific satellites and a checkout of landing systems.

Some more searching revealed:

Space Test Program-H2-Atmospheric Neutral Density Experiment (STP-H2-ANDE)

"Two microsatellites launched from the Shuttle payload bay will measure the density and composition of the low Earth orbit (LEO) atmosphere while being tracked from the ground. The data will be used to better predict the movement of objects in orbit.

"ANDE will be launched from the Space Shuttle cargo bay. The two micro satellites will be contained inside the ICU canister. Once the ICU canister is a safe distance from the Space Shuttle, two micro satellites will be released at an altitude of approximately 350 km.

"ANDE was deployed on December 21, 2006 from the Space Shuttle Discovery during the STS-116 Mission. At deployment, only one of the spheres successfully left the ICU (Internal Cargo Unit). Approximately 4 hours after deployment, the second satellite separated from the ICU after experiencing thermal changes."

exploration.nasa.gov...

I'm doubtful the ANDE experiment is what I observed. Crucially, the time frames seem to contradict each other. I made these observations before 21st December, 2006.

What started the ball rolling was a flashing object positioned central to the viewfinder. I then saw several flashing objects (orbs?) caught between the Space Shuttle Discovery and the International Space Station (ISS), which was about 4 miles away. Similar to the lights seen during STS-80.

Most of these objects appeared to be stationary, however one seemed to move and another could have potentially deployed a smaller, similar object.

At the time I counted at least 8 of these objects in total, and this appears to proceed further activity, specifically more flashing, pulsating objects moving near the ISS. Later on similar objects appeared near the ISS but this happened within the blink of an eye.

Such activity appears to have been observed before the ANDE experiment was initiated. Prior to this I am not aware of any other experiments taking place involving the deployment of such hardware. I also doubt any such hardware would be allowed to get that close to such an expensive piece of kit as the ISS.

Thanks again for your help, it was very useful.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Ross Cross]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if they are to observe there experiment they are going to do this summer and it deals with chemicals or chemtrails as we talk about.

Oops! I know there is no such things as chemtrails. UFO's are usually seen in and around the trails.

www.tap.bnl.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I found this clear video - Deployment of ANDE Satellites by STS-116 on You Tube.

These objects appear to be in low orbit. I do not think these are the same objects I observed, which were between the Shuttle and the ISS. Their motion appeared different to that of the ANDE hardware.

I am trying to establish when the ANDE was deployed and how many objects in total were in orbit, as I think this is a crucial to my observations.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Ross Cross]

top topics

join