It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN ready for war ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If Iran would be attacked they would be raped alive.
First strike gives the attacker advantage.
If you shot the first bullet and hit him in the head his dead.
If his dead it will give you the advantage´, if he survives he will get the advantage by knowing what to do and were you are.
Think about the same problem if the american troops will have if they attack Iran.
Who knows what US got, they made Black bird in the 70's.
Think about all the new stuff they might use in this war.
Anti grav, plasma gun or sound weapones etc.

well leets see what Iran got..

www.liveleak.com...
www.liveleak.com...
nice
... hehehehe i think a Black bird could win this war alone,, JUST 1 black bird.

ok wee saw that, leets see what "the the Iranian Supreme Council " have 2 say about that.
www.liveleak.com...

alright i dont have to say anything.
Leets see another "supreme General" have 2 say.
www.liveleak.com...

And here is more "Supreme Weapones" drones.
www.liveleak.com...

Or just go 2 www.iranmilitaryforum.com... and see what they have...

I dont choose any part, but i think the American got alot more.
It would be a great war for them throwing in the old stuff and dump them after the war. Just like Vietnam. How do you get new stuff? Play with the old stuff until its broken and throw the old stuff away and get some new better toys.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I see Russia and US as the big brothers or parents..
Here my son go and play with my new RPG and come back and tell me about it.
And the son comes back and tell mommy about what it does and how 2 make it much better.
Thats it... A big #ing playground for the old stuff 2 test it with.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
"Just like Vietnam"

Was it the boys with the big toys who won that one?
Nah. Political will is what counts, and if their country is under threat the Iranians will most certainly fight. Does the US really want to fight another war which will turn into a drawn-out slog against insurgents?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would like to see how this shahab will get past our laser defenses? If it ever even gets the chance to leave the ground.

www.youtube.com...

Honestly I could care aless if Iran thinks its going to accomplish a thing with those little model airplanes that they put together. They would become a pile of rubble just like the rest of Iran.

[edit on 022828p://0902pm by semperfoo]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
I would like to see how this shahab will get past our laser defenses? If it ever even gets the chance to leave the ground.

www.youtube.com...

Honestly I could care aless if Iran thinks its going to accomplish a thing with those little model airplanes that they put together. They would become a pile of rubble just like the rest of Iran.

[edit on 022828p://0902pm by semperfoo]

I only could agree with you...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of deaths construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds, oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!

Now in darkness, world stops turning
As the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs of the power
Hand of God has sturck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
All right now!

What this is going to turn into is Bush will win the dick measuring contest with Amadinejad, but the rest of us are going to end up wondering what the hell just happened. Much like Iraq we're likely to obliterate the organized military of Iran, but the insurgency is going to be more trouble than it's worth. Remember that although we may have the weapons to destroy just about any organized force on the planet it'll be the best that America has to offer that'll be getting shot at during the occupation.

No doubt that the US is nigh unbeatable in conventional war by any single nation. But will it be worth it?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That toy plane did look pretty cool though, I wouldn't mind one myself to cruise around the beach with, or maybe go fishing.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
~Chest Thumping~
AAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEAAAAAAAA.....
~Cease Chest Thumping~

Seriously..

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yeah its really smart to assume iran would fight just like the US wants them to: conventional war.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
Yeah its really smart to assume iran would fight just like the US wants them to: conventional war.

Yep, you would think they have historians looking at past wars. they have been planning for this war for 10 years, they must have some sort of tactics sorted out.

America may have loads of toys, but will they use them. of course a normal war america would win, but america are fighting more wars. How many can you fight at one time.

Like above, this thread is just pumping chest.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Call me radical, I say forget this Neo-Con doctrine. We go in to Iran, completely and unequivocally destroy their entire conventional military and go home. Forget doctrine, sense of purpose; they are a threat we destroy the threat we can see. It's not perfect yeah a large portion of ground forces will melt into the civilian population, but the threat is largely bypassed. Forget doctrine and ideology, you see a threat and you take it out if you have the means; where are the men in this world? Obviously I'm pretty Hobbsian in my view of war, but whose going to do anything? Write us a letter telling us they are angry with them (Team America reference intended,) I am sorry to say it folks, and I've said it on ATS before, the ENTIRE world whether they say it or not is absolutely terrified of American power. Like I said not perfect, but we live in a screwed up world.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Problems the US would have if they wanted to start a convensional war with Iran more significant than you think:

* The Gulf states will not allow their territory to be used for an attack on Iran, the whole thing will have to be done from Iraq, against the will of the puppet regime there.

* Despite the laser thing and patriot missiles, US bases in Iraq are still vulnerable to Iranian ballistic missiles. Iran has stocked itself with so many of them of that shorter range that US bases, including air bases will take serious damage.

* US Persian Gulf shipping is vulnerable to Iranian antiship missiles, makeing resupplying the American bases in Iraq will become perilous.

* Iran can respond by giving Iraqi insurgents sophesticated Russian anti-armour missiles like the ones Hezbollah in Lebanon used to knock out 50 Israeli tanks during the month long war those countries had. or the more sophisticated shoulder launched missiles like sa-16, sa-18, currently they are only giving them lower tech weapons.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
All that is true yes, but having one carry strike group on station in the Gulf, one steaming there as we speak, and a third rumored to be deployed very soon; many of those problems could be quickly mitigated. Sure I realize that only having naval air and fire support only goes so far, but it is a powerful start.

Iran might be a big country but it isn't that big. Each carrier with on average 85 aircraft a piece and long range support from the Air Force should potentially be able to nullify a large number of the threats to American forces, including in Iraq. If it were done properly I doubt they would be feeding munitions to Iraq because they might be a bit busy with their own affairs.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And there is also one slight probem with a war on Iran: oil.

Anyone care to guess what a barrel will go up to on Day 1?
The war will devastate iran, no doubt - but that's not goign to be much consolatation to US citizens when they see what happens to the economy.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wembley

And there is also one slight probem with a war on Iran: oil.

Anyone care to guess what a barrel will go up to on Day 1?
The war will devastate iran, no doubt - but that's not goign to be much consolatation to US citizens when they see what happens to the economy.

Just like when oil was 70-75 dollars a barrel? Americas economy as 'evolved'. What was once a threat to us in the early 80s and 90s is all but gone now.

In 2006, oil reached $78 per barrel before dropping, without causing a recession. In fact, it appears that sustained prices near $60/barrel are not sufficient to cause a significant drag on the US economy. This is partly because of the US economy evolving to a state where a large portion of output is based on innovation and technological advancement, which are much less tied to oil prices. An oil spike hurts GM and American Airlines much more so than it hurts Google and Microsoft.

futurist.typepad.com...

Read the above link to get the just of what im talking about.

Heres another linke.
$70+/Barrel Oil, the Non-Crisis
futurist.typepad.com...

[edit on 032828p://2002pm by semperfoo]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This forum is about weaponry, not oil or the price of oil, lets try to

stick with military/weaponry scenarios, oil has direct effect on the

military contest that would ensue.

Each carrier battle group may have 85 aircraft, but they cannot enter the

Persian Gulf, that is far too dangerous; they have to stay hundreds of km

away from Iran. An aircraft carrier is also delicate, if it gets damaged-

it cannot launch aircraft and the damage is difficult to repair, so it has

to stay safe. And, US navel air power has always just been a complement to

the US Air Force. Korea, Vietnam, 1st Iraq war, Serbia(Yougoslavia) it is

always the USAF that does the heavy lifting, in those campains the carriers

are basically just used because they have them. In al those wars the US

likes to use stand-off local bases IE: Thailand, Philipines(vietnam);

Japan(Korea); Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain(Gulf Wars); Italy, Germany,

Europe(Serbia).

In this scenario the US only has the carriers and the air bases in Iraq to launch the strikes. The biggest problem is that the bases in Iraq are too close to Iran, bases like Diego Garcia, are too far for quick strike sorties. The Iraq bases will come under missile harrasment like never before, never before in any of those wars had the US to deal with that magnitude of missile harrasment. If these bases are damaged in the early stages of the war and their ability to launch constant strike missions are diminished, then the US ground forces are in serious trouble. US ground forces are in Iraq are small, they have far fewer artillery and tanks than the massive Iranian Army opposing them. With cripled US air support, the Iranian army could try to blitzcrieg into Iraq with their artilery blasting everything in it's path, encircle the US bases which are already underseige by insurgents.

The carriers and cruise missiles cannot provide the US ground army with the kind of close air support it needs to hold off the Iranian army. The Iranian army on the border is totally convensional, Artilery and artilary rockets, tanks, massive #s of troops..the American army in iraq is in 'guerilla' warfare mode, which means alot of Bradly fighting vehicles, humvees, and it's spread out, with most of it's assets concentrating on fighting the Sunnis in the west.

In

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You assume that the US will be completely unprepared for a counterattack.

That is all assuming that there is a COMPLETE lack of tanks in the area. I am 100% sure that before any attack is mounted against Iran there will be several armored divisions in the area.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by BlackWidow23]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If the US maintains air superiority then they won't need the armoured divisions; if the US looses it, then they don't have enough divisions in that entire country, in any case. The US is maxed out at 150,000 troops spread out all over Iraq. Iran has many times that many positioned in fist along the border with vastly superior artellery rocket launchers. Again the US is in "insurgent mode" they have to stay that way to battle insurgents and then they're supposed to fight this huge war bat the same time, not good! The US can't loose it's air advantage even for a little while before Iran swarms in, links up with the rebels and pins the US down.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Yes I completely agree, but we both know that whatever we know, the US military commanders know. No commander in the right mind would start a war with iran with the current force in Iraq, before ANYTHING is done the US will move in troops to combat the potential Iranian blitz.

Before war with Iran starts, the US will move its own GUIDED artillery and MLRS into Iraq to counter the Iranian artillery.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
As a Vet. I hope that Iran is left alone and Bush's or whoever is controling him's plans are stopped or abandoned. I would rather have Isreal attack Iran since they are the ones that are pushing for this silly fight. The less blood split the better if you ask me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join