It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i want to buy a rifle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hello everyone

I have no idea about rifles and i have never used one. i own 2 glocks a 26 and a 21 and i have a mossberg shotgun. I have seen all of the fancy rifle- assult type guns that make the cover of magazines and they use some type of.223 ammo. please excuse me i am at work and i researched this about 4 years ago and i am going by memorey. they have the 700 that uses .308. i really just want a little advice. Thanks in advance jose

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You've come to the right place.

Now then what do you want the rifle for? Hunting, self-defense, long range comp?

The 700 is the Remington 700 I think and it comes in different calibers , bolt action rifle.

Good choice on the Glocks, I have a 22, 34 and 35.

Roper

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Your first problem is that you're not really in the US, you're in California, that small piece of Europe that floated around Cape Horn and attached itself to the Western seaboard.

Having got that out of my system, it means that you're faced with quite a few restrictions, especially if you have a preference for semi-auto rifles.

If you take the bolt action route (as for your Rem 700) you'll be fine, no issues there.

Roper was of course correct in asking what your intended purpose is. If you want an EBR (Evil Black Rifle) then there are the ARs, AKs, DSAs etc to choose from, if an uber cool sniper rifle is what you need then the Remington 700 LTR with a nice Leupold Vari X III plonked on top of it is a good choice, if you want a cheap, fun all rounder try the California restricted version of the Yugo SKS (semi auto fixed magazine in 7.62x39) at the bargain basement price of maybe $150, for hunting try Savage for cheap bolt actions, Remington 700 (again) or Weatherby if you're rich, for dangerous game you need a caliber floor of .338 in a solid platform such as the good value Brno.

And so on and so forth.

Decide on its purpose, settle on a budget, factor in California's gun laws, and choose.

join