It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats attracts you to a conspiracy forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Been here for a little while and find some things a little confusing.
If this is a conspiracy site, why do some people get a little upset when
anything anti-american government is mentioned? Why would people who think
the government is honky dory want to visit a conspiracy site anyway?
Why not go to a pro-government site of whatever party is in power?
Just curious...

Also, why if some people don't believe in UFOs, Aliens, why come to a conspiracy site where you know that it's obvious that most will think there is a conspiracy against disclosure and that UFOS,Aliens exist?
Just curious.....

If some people don't think that 9/11 was a conspiracy, why come into a conspiracy site to try to prove otherwise?
Just curious....

I know we may have just one subject or many subjects where we think a conspiracy exists and so come here for our own "pet" conspiracy, (if you know what I mean) and decide to comment on other topics while we are here. (I am included in this BTW. I believe in God and so rarely post (although I do read) threads where the OP has a different strong held view in the opposite)

Is there anyone here who doesn't believe in any of the conspiracies on this site but comes here anyway? I'd be really curious and interested to know
the reasons why.

This is not a critical post on anyone here. I'm just really curious to know the reasons why we are all here and what motivates us to come back.

I know its DENY IGNORANCE and all that but a lot of conspiracies here can't be proven 100% either way, which is why it's a conspiracy in the first place and not a fact . Is it because this site attracts a lot of debaters? People who don't believe in conspiracies but just like a good old debate?

So, I guess I'm asking are you a conspiracy theorist? Do you believe in many conspiracies here or do you have just one that captivates your interest? Or do you not believe in conspiracies at all but just enjoy stating your views?

What are your views on this?

Cheers.....

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There are some conspiracies I believe in, and most I do not.
I stick around ATS not because of the conspiracies, but because of the eye-opening topics that always pop up here. I seriously think this place upped my IQ . . . thank God.

And what do you mean, people get upset when anything anti-U.S. Govt. is said?
Most (cough all) of the stuff on here is anti U.S. Government anyway.

And I don't think 'Denying Ignorance' really neccesitates knowing everything there is to know about conspiracies and coverups.
I think it means that as long as you know that these things exist, that's good enough. As long as they haven't pulled the wool all the way over your eyes and you just blindly believe.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Just curious...

+++ Before Congress: Litagation to resolve anything, in print, if ill-spoken of.

Also, why if some people don't believe in UFOs, Aliens, why come to a conspiracy site where you know that it's obvious that most will think there is a conspiracy against disclosure and that UFOS,Aliens exist?
Just curious.....

+++ Funding: The rovers are on to something.

If some people don't think that 9/11 was a conspiracy, why come into a conspiracy site to try to prove otherwise?
Just curious....

+++ Flaunting: This place is haunted by ill-intended fellows. FYI

``````````````````````````````

Fixed quotes

[edit on 22/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bothered

Originally posted by Flighty
Just curious...

+++ Before Congress: Litagation to resolve anything, in print, if ill-spoken of.

Just curious.....

+++ Funding: The rovers are on to something.

Just curious....

+++ Flaunting: This place is haunted by ill-intended fellows. FYI

Were you going to say something in relation to that post?

Me? I am attracted to a paranormal conspiracy discussion group because I am able to take in the information and I am able to understand it. I am attracted to ATS because it is one of the most intelligent discussion groups, but I also manage my time among other things, but I like ATS in that the site is real, it is not static so therefore it means something to me that the threads aren't affixed there because it took me some time to adjust to the fact that actual people make threads on this forum and that actual people make posts on here without them making them so to make the forum look good, I used to believe that ATS was a COINTELPRO (sp?) government disinfo site but then I saw that it was just a site that had a really large community and that they each had their own opinions and facts about the current events going on!

I got here on ATS because I really wanted to get involved in politics so I felt that I could do that here on ATS, and hey, it's a great site! It has a great community, and the people here are all great! It's really awesome and it's educational and I have learned most of my life's lessons here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Getting too tired for a long explanation; but basically I enjoy reading the many types of topics discussed; and the so many various viewpoints.

I'll agree with one of the above posters, this website has actually raised my IQ and helped open my mind. It has also kept my imagination and hope from drowning in the muddle of current world events.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Though I believe few, if any conspiracy theories have any basis in fact, I still like to read about them.

I choose this conspiracy site over others due to the large amount of topics covered, the broad spectrum of people that post here, and most important of all, all sides of subject are welcome to be discussed, and not just what the majority of people consider to be the truth.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I distrust all types of authority figures and if you are going to "question authority" you need information.

ATS has plenty of information. The problem is seperating the truth from the BS and disinformation.

The added factor that ATS with its diverse, wacky, paranoid, creative, articulate, educated, dumbass, newage, well informed, uninformed, membership, makes this the most entertaining site on the www.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Originally posted by Maverickhunter

Were you going to say something in relation to that post?

I did. In you following, it's great your into politics. This is a conspiracy board.

Me? I am attracted to a paranormal conspiracy discussion group because I am able to take in the information and I am able to understand it. I am attracted to ATS because it is one of the most intelligent discussion groups, but I also manage my time among other things, but I like ATS in that the site is real, it is not static so therefore it means something to me that the threads aren't affixed there because it took me some time to adjust to the fact that actual people make threads on this forum and that actual people make posts on here without them making them so to make the forum look good, I used to believe that ATS was a COINTELPRO (sp?) government disinfo site but then I saw that it was just a site that had a really large community and that they each had their own opinions and facts about the current events going on!

I got here on ATS because I really wanted to get involved in politics so I felt that I could do that here on ATS, and hey, it's a great site! It has a great community, and the people here are all great! It's really awesome and it's educational and I have learned most of my life's lessons here on ATS.

Concerning the paranormal studies within the Political Structure, does anyone speculate whether, if Hillary succeeds as Presidential succession, The SPirit of Elenoar Roosevelt will be called upon the roof's of her board groups?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
I stick around ATS not because of the conspiracies, but because of the eye-opening topics that always pop up here. I seriously think this place upped my IQ.

I'll second that. I don't believe in the kind of conspiracies discussed on ATS. However, the links on the threads often lead me to strange and wonderful places and open my eyes to things I never encountered before.

I can think of no better example than this thread, which is not about conspiracies at all but about some real, cutting-edge science. The links in it, mostly by the OP, Neon Haze, are an education in themselves.

Another reason I come here is for amusement. Call me cruel and small-minded, but I get a good laugh out of some of the weirder conspiracies and posts.

I also enjoy a good argument, and this is a great place to find one.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm here because every once in a while someone says something truly insightful. This is a good place to grease the gears.

new topics

top topics

join