It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoodwinking, A Rare Glimpse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I thought some of you guys would get a kick out of this if it hasn't been posted already.
I found an old 1930's era copy of DeMoulin Bros. & Co. Catalog, which, while obviously antiquated, is a rare glimpse into some of the macabre paraphenelia surrounding masonic initiations, most of it revolving around the general concepts of abject Humiliation and Mortal Fear, one sure-fun test for the would-be initiate in this catalog, "Drinking the Goats Blood".

First link is to the entire catalog... Some of the testimonials and product descriptions make for an interesting read.

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

Crazy Stuff.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Don't trust Bert, I know he looks nice and peaceful sitting next to you on the piano. But once he gets all liquored up hes a different animal. He will molest you if you aren't careful.

On topic, cool. The first one had me thinking this was a satan worship site for a second though.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi twitchy

There's a couple of other threads mentioning DeMoulins catalog which are worth a look:

Masonic practical jokes and rituals

The Grand and Glorious Knights of the Creeping Serpent (GGKOCS)

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Good find twitchy, and trinity, I knew that i'd see 'the old electric chair gag' before. Phoenix masonry is an awesome site.

Who'da thought that there were that many ways to make a 'goat ride'!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Good find twitchy, and trinity, I knew that i'd see 'the old electric chair gag' before. Phoenix masonry is an awesome site.

Who'da thought that there were that many ways to make a 'goat ride'!

That's the truth!
Many fraternal organizations in those days were practicing "Shriner-like" initiations it seems. Those things were never, of course, used in Masonic "Blue Lodge" initiations, but I know the Shriners used many of the gadgets available (still do in fact) and other "fun" groups like the Sword of Bunker Hill, the Grotto, the Tall Cedars of Lebanon, etc.

Here's a link to two articles from "The Scottish Rite Journal" about the DeMoulin Brothers company and one about the Lodge Goat that you might find interesting and that compliments the original post.

Bucking Goat and Lung Testers

Mysteries of the Lodge Goat Revealed

new topics

top topics

join