It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Poised For Attack On Iran!! Has The Final Count Down Begun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Humm...Phase (4)- Russia takes a firm stand on any invasion and sends military back up to Iran then he we go again all over once again..
Phase (5)- China and Russia come to the aid of Iran because of the oil contracts and then we look like a rouge nation ruled by a rouge leader and the rest of the world demands U.S. to dis-arm...

[edit on 17-2-2007 by tsloan]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Humm...Phase (4)- Russia takes a firm stand on any invasion and sends military back up to Iran then he we go again all over once again..
Phase (5)- China and Russia come to the aid of Iran because of the oil contracts and then we look like a rouge nation ruled by a rouge leader and the rest of the world demands U.S. to dis-arm...

[edit on 17-2-2007 by tsloan]

Russia cannot afford a war for one, nor could they contend with American troops? .. Not to mention a complete trade blockade against Russia from the Western world if they did, which would eliminate much of their income... China has far to many internal problems, and do not have the ability to mobilize against American forces. Also Iran and China are not that close, trade partners sure but not close.. If we attacked Iran, which we will at some point, Iran will fall and Syria will fall... and that will be the end. Iran and Syria have a military pact that if one is attacked the other will respond. I have also heard key democrats saying that if the proof passes all credibility they would support military action against Iran.... and we are coming out with all kinds of new "evidence" ---- wake up folks their all the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Russia cannot afford a war for one, nor could they contend with American troops? ..

I dont know if you realise this but Russia is now Debt free ( mid last year it paid its last international debt off ) it has over taken Saudi Arabia as the worlds largest Oil producer and also has the largest Aluminium production.

Just because Joe Citizen filed for chapter 11 doesn't mean he will always be broke, you realise things do change and the tired old line of Russia being a broken country is no longer applicable.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't think that Russia and China would attack the US. Their a lot closer than Iran. C'mon now.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Nuke 'em, over and over and over, carpet bomb them, kil them all! That is about as articulate as I can get!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well I certainly hope that the current anti-Iranian rhetoric remains just that...an escalation in brinkmanship that never plays itself out. However, it appears that most of the military chessmen are now actually in place for a Naval/Air offensive...all this situation requires is a spark. I believe this administration already has the incentives...a smokescreen for the failure in Iraq would be one. It will be interesting to see what comes of the UN Security Council Feb 21 deadline calling for Iran to suspend all enrichment-related and reprocessing activities. This includes research and development, and is required to be verified by the IAEA.

While it's a certainty that Iran is supplying some armaments to the Iraqi Shi'a, over 90% of the IED's killing US troops are ignited by Iraqi Sunni...I wonder where they're coming from? We invade Iraq...place the Shi'a in power, then become indignant when Shi'a Iran attempts to capitalize politically...were we surprised?

I don't see how a conventional invasion could possibly be in the offing here...a country the size of Iran with it's difficult mountainous topography? Who's troops will we use? If an attack is orchestrated, in my opinion, the proposed troop surge will be used in Iraq to quell the inevitable, internal Shiite response...and also in the border regions to address the resulting increase in Iranian insurgents.

Bear in mind that Bush just ordered additional troops to Afghanistan on Wednesday. Also this week, Canada, having taken heavy casualties in the south recently, announced that they are considering a complete withdrawal from Afghanistan unless NATO troops begin stepping up to the plate...trust me on this...NATO forces, already avoiding the #, will have no stomach for what awaits them in the Afghan spring. Expect hostilities in Afghanistan to be an escalating and serious drain on US resources and lives.

My prediction...Air Force-Navy...if it happens at all.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

Glen Beck

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Originally posted by mel1962
That's see Carriers will be in place by mid March . . .

. . . new moon March 18-21 . . .

. . . Oh Yeah . . . and . . . Iran stops accepting dollars for oil on March 21!

Geez . . . I don't know when they will attack?

mel1962

Im gunna come looking for you on these boards in April ok and see what you have to say

You are scarying me, but I see your point. Uhmm . . . my point is that the earliest the attack will happen in Mid March!

[edit on 2/17/07 by mel1962]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think everyone is taking these claims too seriously. Every single one of these threads is the same, and the responses are all similar. I'm absolutely positive that the US has a plan for attacking Iran, its called contingency, we even have one for invading Canada. Kind of a just-in-case type of thing. I'm sure Iran has a plan for attacking American interests in case of an attack on Iran, I'm also sure they have a plan for an offensive campaign against the US in Iraq. Same goes for every country with a military, you plan for anything. I'm just sick of these threads, it never happens. I'm not saying it cant, but out of all the threads on this subject, how many have been right? These threads are a big doughnut hole for 30 or so.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This crisis is a managed one.
The sinilarities are there between iraq and iran
As the propaganda inexorably grinds to a fever pitch , the same vilifications are taking place.....
Next ratchet may be use of chem or bio weapons on americans in iraq....
This would provide ample righteous anger for a counterstrike, and could easily be pulled off by our own goverment.
Wouldnt hurt any but iraqis and our boys so collateral damage on a huge scale would be easier to take back home...
Has a plausable truth to it when the iran iraq war is remenbeed.Would vilify iran in the nations eyes and entirely justify our wrath being visited on iran/

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When the US attacks Iran, all hell will break loose. If this happens, my predictions are as follows:

1. Russa allies with Iran for economic reasons
2. The US institutes a draft
3. North Korea continues pursuit of nuclear weapons and delivery of them
4. The US pulls most troops out of Iraq stability roles to focus on Iran, Iraq falls into complete civil war
5. Thousands of troops die in a matter of months, instead of years like in Iraq
6. Possible use of nuclear weapons by both sides

It makes me sick to think of this happening. I'm moving to Canada if there is a draft

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

And I believe Bush is hoping they do fire first just so he can say"See I told you Iran was Evil".

..or someone else fires first. Doesn't matter as long as the objective is achieved: a seemingly justified, full-scale attack. By the time we establish what 'really' happened the operation would be well under way.

Meanwhile, anyone can walk across our Southern border and we have banks now offering them credit cards. We have a war brewing right on our own soil - fuelled by politics, corruption and greed - yet troops are over in the Middle East under the guise of defending freedom. Whose freedom?

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Ross Cross]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
I think everyone is taking these claims too seriously. Every single one of these threads is the same, and the responses are all similar. I'm absolutely positive that the US has a plan for attacking Iran, its called contingency, we even have one for invading Canada. Kind of a just-in-case type of thing. I'm sure Iran has a plan for attacking American interests in case of an attack on Iran, I'm also sure they have a plan for an offensive campaign against the US in Iraq. Same goes for every country with a military, you plan for anything. I'm just sick of these threads, it never happens. I'm not saying it cant, but out of all the threads on this subject, how many have been right? These threads are a big doughnut hole for 30 or so.

ludaChris,

While I understand where your coming from, I believe you are being a bit naive about the sitution. I think its all a matter of time, especially after President Bush's comment that "Money trumps Peace" IMHO!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
hahaha

I just read that article.

The military analysis is laughable. Stuff like this makes this this 'analysis' nothing more than garbage.

Today, marines have the USS Boxer and USS Bataan carrier forces in the Gulf and probably also the USS Kearsarge and USS Bonhomme Richard.

Uhm, The Kearsarge is sitting at its dock in Virginia and the Bonhomme Richard is off the coast of San Diego, because I got a nice picture of it taken from I-10 as of just a few days ago.

For once, I'd like to see a discussion about Iran actually provoke a unique thought. The politics of war cloud discussion, don't deal with reality, and are conducted void of facts.

Lets face it, the analysis by political hacks regarding a US strike against Iran actually makes the CIA analysis of Iraq's WMD program in 2002 look incredibly credible.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yeah... I mean, every other day there seems to be "this is it, Iran war is about to begin" thread. Give it a break. We're bearly handling Iraq as it is, I doubt a pre-emptive strike against Iran will happen anytime soon ( unless Iran does something drastic.)

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
to many americans, war is only a TV show.

the lineup being something like:

7:00- American Idol

8:00- Middle East War (root for the home team)

9:00- Everybody loves %*$#head

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think I will chime in on this one.
If we do attack Iran, without provocation or any proof of what will happen, has any one considered the cost? What will anyone do when as part of the response to the attack, Iran deliberately attacks the pipeline that goes through their country and stops all oil production. How much is the general populace willing to pay for a gallon of gas. If we do go to war with Iran, they will use oil as a weapon and with the propaganda machine that they have, it will be a bloody fight. Any support that the general populace may have for the US, will disappear and they will turn against the US. Iran has not been sitting idly by, rather cultivating alliances to assist them, and I do believe probably making deals, both economically and arms wise with other nations. I think it will not go as predicted by the US government, especially since we have very little on the intelligence of what they are capable of. The current state of US politics, will not bear another front, even if it is part of the War on Terror.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
USA better have damn good evidence that Iran is producing and planning to use nuclear weapons before they march in there.

It's hard to choose which side of the fence to sit on here because you could see it as just another pointless war started by America, but the anti-americans will all be moaning when it turns out Iran actually does have nukes and starts threatening people with them. Everyone will ask "why didn't America do anything about that in the first place!?"

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They obviously need a new false flag attack to set forth such an attack plan.

If they attack Iran, this time political repercussions against the actual administration will be massive, both domestically and overseas. Bush will be impeached, that's for sure... UNLESS a new, serious attack is carried in the Western world, and a clear (but fictitious) tie is shown between the terrorists and Iran. Martial law would be declared, Congress be suspended, draft be ordered and America will plunge itself into the most dangerous war ever. I know it's a far-fetched scenario, but only this way the neocons can stay in power and go forward with their invasion.

But it might be also possible that these carrier ships are there just to put pressure on the Iranian regime. At least, this is what I HOPE!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962

ludaChris,

While I understand where your coming from, I believe you are being a bit naive about the sitution. I think its all a matter of time, especially after President Bush's comment that "Money trumps Peace" IMHO!

No not naitve, just going on past experience with dozens of threads on this subject over the past year and a half i've been a member of these boards. They all say the same thing, they all end up the same way. WRONG!!!! I dont think that naive at all. Do you?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The Draft..we getting paid for it and everything right?

shoot i need to get in shape..

oh well..only the living have problems, cause when you're dead, theres no problem anymore..you don't even know.

They say its gonna happen, make it happen already and get it over with.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join