It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the FUTURE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Now, lets look forward to 2009, 2010,ect. Lets say we pulled out of Iraq. Now, There is alot of people out that dont like our way of life. ie. the Islamic states. What are the possible canidates for a conflict after the Iraq conflict. I have to write a short story for my english class, and Im a huge Clancy fan, and I thought, well I could just write something to do with the Military. All i need is some groundwork (where is the conflict going to happen). Technically speaking this is "Predicting" but if its in the wrong section, could the all knowing and graceful admins of knowledge move it to a proper section? Thanks.

Please dont post something that is completely irrelavent to this question? Much

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
Now, lets look forward to 2009, 2010,ect. Lets say we pulled out of Iraq. Now, There is alot of people out that dont like our way of life. ie. the Islamic states. What are the possible canidates for a conflict after the Iraq conflict. I have to write a short story for my english class, and Im a huge Clancy fan, and I thought, well I could just write something to do with the Military. All i need is some groundwork (where is the conflict going to happen). Technically speaking this is "Predicting" but if its in the wrong section, could the all knowing and graceful admins of knowledge move it to a proper section? Thanks.

Please dont post something that is completely irrelavent to this question? Much

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
you might look more to Lebanon,
the USA sure doesn't want it to fall into Hezbollahs' & the Islamic Revolutions hands, they are only a 10% faction in the government now

but its most likely that the US is attempting to have Hezbollah, Hamas, and the probable influx of 'Basij' , soon? to be sent by Iran to carry on campaigns towards Israel...all declared 'Terrorists' by the world.

it gets complicated, but the tactic is to force small but resource consuming war and people killing engagements by Iran, all over the region->
which will sap the Iranian Islamic Revolution of the power, energy, and political/economic capital to wage wars & proceed with their atomic ambitions at the same time. a rope-a-dope tactic, using Lebanon as one of the fight rings (since Lebanon was once more tolerant of western ideas)

just a thought...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
[edit on 16-2-2007 by nastalgik]

By that time, we will have gone through at least Presidents. The person who is elected to the oval office after GW will be left with a mess, that will seal the fate of that party to the point where the country will, out of disgust, vote for the other party. Iran and North Korea will solidify alliances with other countries. Iran will not stop its nuclear policy, rather it will make deals with Russia for the technology in exchange for oil. Oil will become a commodity that will increase in price per barrel as supplies will dwindle down to the point of gas shortages at the pump. When the effects are felt, more countries will begin to arm themselves, even if it means war with those who have those resources, in an attempts to secure an energy supply. Iran will not make any move that can be traced back to itself directly. Russia will back it and alot more sabre rattling. Its influence will grow as the oil fields of the Saudi's will begin to dry up. There will be a rift that increases in the muslim world, however, any western force who intervenes will cause all of them to unify and join together. Some of the other countries in the area will want to develope its own nuclear program in an attempts to seek deterance from the others in that region. China will step up along with Russia against the US, first in the UN, seeking sanctions, then more unilateral movements and make demands. By that time the economy of the US will be very unstable, possibly a collaspe of the main stream factors and grow areas, as it will be too expensive to produce/move goods. The majority of the population will be either poor, or in the military as they will by that time have to reinstate the draft. Mexico will have closed its borders to the US at that time frame, as the US will have gone and militerized the boarder to stop the influx of immigrants. US will have become more of a military state than normal, travel restricted.

top topics

join