It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you feel when waiting for ghost videos to load ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
We all do it dont we. we head on down to you tube or google video and type in ghosts and then click on the link.

how do you feel when waiting for it to load up ? apprehensive ? scared ?

i feel a little aprehensive as you dont know what youre going to see and i cant stand screamers !

thats the buzz though isnt it

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Mmmmm. For the most part youtube and gvid are instant for me.

So not much time to anticipate.

Although I don't really watch ghost vids much but more of "MEXICO ALIEN KERL0L HAWT CHICK" or some such video.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Mmmmm. For the most part youtube and gvid are instant for me.

So not much time to anticipate.

Although I don't really watch ghost vids much but more of "MEXICO ALIEN KERL0L HAWT CHICK" or some such video.

well maybe load was the wrong word to use as it is instant for me also but you know when you are sat watching and waiting for something to happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
For the five seconds it takes to load , I am thinking," I hope this isn't another smartass that made a ghost video with those stupid loud surprises at the end."

Those things always scare the crap out of me the first time I see them.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
im reading the comments first before watching the ghost vid, especially in youtube. if there are lots of cursing, then it would be either a fake or a freaking screeching surprise pic of michael jacskon at the middle or end of the vid.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
lol, the other day I was sitting alone, looking up ghost pics on google. I found a cool site, and I'm reading the history of the famous pics, the "airman doesn't know he's dead" pic, the "girl in the burned out house" pic, the "mother in the backseat" pic, and these are all very convincing pics right ?

Its 2:30 AM, the TV is off, its very quiet, and I'm all alone, nothing but the monitor to light the room.

As soon as I log into the site, a christmas card falls off of the front door, where they were taped up. Ok, no big deal, but a little creepy.

When I get really into it, a freaking balloon pops !!!!!

Now I get so spooked, so I stand up.

Next thing, one of my kids toy trains starts playing music

I actually ran upstairs and jumped into bed with my wife.

The adrenaline reaction I got was massive, I could have jumped 10 feet in the air

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
could you maybe post what website that was? sounds interesting...
:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I cant stand when it is an out right hoax. Like the screamers or kids walking around with a sheet over them going, "Boogidy, boogidy, boo!" For me I dont want to waste my time farting around with out right phonies. I have better things to do with my time like finding a cure for cancer or watching The Dukes of Hazzard.

-Andy

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
lol, the other day I was sitting alone, looking up ghost pics on google. I found a cool site, and I'm reading the history of the famous pics, the "airman doesn't know he's dead" pic, the "girl in the burned out house" pic, the "mother in the backseat" pic, and these are all very convincing pics right ?

Its 2:30 AM, the TV is off, its very quiet, and I'm all alone, nothing but the monitor to light the room.

As soon as I log into the site, a christmas card falls off of the front door, where they were taped up. Ok, no big deal, but a little creepy.

When I get really into it, a freaking balloon pops !!!!!

Now I get so spooked, so I stand up.

Next thing, one of my kids toy trains starts playing music

I actually ran upstairs and jumped into bed with my wife.

The adrenaline reaction I got was massive, I could have jumped 10 feet in the air

Lol. That's so adorable. I love how you run upstairs and jump into bed with your wife like a child whose just had a bad dream.

I'm always apprehensive that it's going to be a screamer because I get scared extremely easily, but I've learned to read the comments before I watch a video. They are very foretelling.

I will avoid videos which provoke these types of comments:

"BIGGEST HOAX EVER!! HOAX HOAX HOAX!!! ITS FAKEE!!"
"LOL"
"Omg! That scared the crap out of me!! I HATE THESE THINGS!!"

and I will have more hope in videos which provoke these types of comments:

"Very convincing."
"Good video."
"Looks real to me."

And my computer loads videos instantly, so... yeah.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I too have started to read the comments before reading, I have done this ever since my friend said to me "watch this video I think its a real ghost" me thinking wow i'll watch was subjected to a screamer, which made me fall off my chair backwards and smash my head on the wall. Next thing I know a person is standing over me trying to see if I have concussion.

Quite funny when you think about it but a warning. If your not going to read the comments before you watch wear a pillow on the back of your head.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I always turn my volume down first time, because I've been caught out by so many genuine looking videos only to be tricked by one of the bloody 'pop up and ahhh!' ones >.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
I always turn my volume down first time, because I've been caught out by so many genuine looking videos only to be tricked by one of the bloody 'pop up and ahhh!' ones >.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm with you on this one. I watch them in fascination but afterwards my mind plays so many tricks on me (at least I hope they are), but I'm still drawn in.

Also, beside videos I hate photographs. I recently read the entire Amityville thread regarding the picture of the boy, and every time I scrolled down or loaded a new page of comments, I would move slightly away from my monitor incase that horrible picture loaded again.

The trouble is, like has been said before, we are continuing to be drawn into the media, whether we're scared or not. Sucks, really!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hmmm. I don't mind getting scared, but getting startled is something else completely, that gets on my nerves. I don't even want to know how many good ghost videos I've missed because I had the suspicion they could be another schock-startle-joke video....

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
For the five seconds it takes to load , I am thinking," I hope this isn't another smartass that made a ghost video with those stupid loud surprises at the end."

Those things always scare the crap out of me the first time I see them.

True that! I've been scared #less recently because of those stupid movies. I hate them.

That's what has made me very apprehensive to the ghost videos. I usually have to turn my volume way down before the movie starts. And when I know it's safe, I'll rewatch the movie with volume.

lol, like that one "Car Commercial" I wondered why that came up when I searched for ghosts. I sat there thinking, "Ok, what's gonna happen" and then I wet myself

new topics

top topics

join