It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woo Woo! Eat this Wii60 fanboys: Ps3's recent sales figures!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes ladies and gents, it seem the ps3 is finally starting to come into its own.

Click here to see the recent sales figures.

It's about time to admit your defeat.

All I got to say is I told you so.

*watches intently as the Wii60 fanboys storm the room*:shk:

[edit on 16-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
that wasn't very humble was it :shk:

why all the smack between console users anyway ?

can't we all just get along ?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm just glad to see that the fanboys are wrong once again.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
my pc still owns

however a blue ray player is 900 and a ps3 is 600, i'm guessing ps3 would hook up to my comp?

so I could have a blueray for 600?

Possible?

Lys wants to know.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
A jump of roughly 5 thousand units can hardly be called unexpected when a Virtua Fighting Title is released.

PS3 is still 3 million units behind Wii and a whopping 6 million behind 360. Worldwide. If Sony doesn't pick up lost ground and take the lead this year, expect developer support to be lackluster for the PS3.

I'm a Console History Fanboi and that history tells me that Sony has a very slim chance of succeeding this round. If they fail, then that company is in for a serious and long overdue overhaul. Why do I say that? Simple. The most advanced and expensive console always loses.

My prediction is that 360 has already won. Wii has won as it has no competition in the low-end console market and PS3 will flop. I'd be surprised if it sold more than 5 million by the end of this year actually. And when PS3 drops it's price than Nintendo and Microsoft will follow suit.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

I'm a Console History Fanboi and that history tells me that Sony has a very slim chance of succeeding this round. If they fail, then that company is in for a serious and long overdue overhaul. Why do I say that? Simple. The most advanced and expensive console always loses.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by sardion2000]

i read something awesome on this. it went all the way back to pong and EVERY SINGLE TIME a more powerful console was available it lost out in sales to the lessor. atari beat coleco vision . nes beat sms. snes beat gen/32x/sega cd gameboy beat gamegear n lynx. ps1 beat n64. ps2 beat xbox and gamecube. ds is beating psp. im not sure where neo geo , 3do, and jaguar fit but they were the most powerful at the time and they died out.

remember the dc? it sold over 5 million. the ps3 isnt proven yet. its good for sony to see their sales numbers increase, but i can still go buy a ps3 anywhere i want. the wii isnt slowing down yet. dont rant using the word fanboy if you are acting like a fanboy doing so. this console war is going to take years.

here are some of the latest numbers.
www.belowtopsecret.com...
nexgenwars.com...
www.vgcharts.org...

these numbers almost make me ask you, wtf are you talking about.
the 360 is too sweet to lose to ps3, and the wii is too cheap.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
nah, you guys are tripping out, PS3 has already sold two million world wide, and that's NOT INCLUDING EUROPE.

Europe is a huge market for sony's consoles.

Oh yeah, I heard that the xbox didn't sell as much as the PS3 in the same amount of time.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

i read something awesome on this. it went all the way back to pong and EVERY SINGLE TIME a more powerful console was available it lost out in sales to the lessor. atari beat coleco vision . nes beat sms. snes beat gen/32x/sega cd gameboy beat gamegear n lynx. ps1 beat n64. ps2 beat xbox and gamecube. ds is beating psp. im not sure where neo geo , 3do, and jaguar fit but they were the most powerful at the time and they died out.

remember the dc? it sold over 5 million. the ps3 isnt proven yet. its good for sony to see their sales numbers increase, but i can still go buy a ps3 anywhere i want. the wii isnt slowing down yet. dont rant using the word fanboy if you are acting like a fanboy doing so. this console war is going to take years.

Hah! you can't even begin to compare any of those companies to Sony.

Let me ask you a question, Who is the only company in video game history to have Two consecutive wins in the console wars?

Let me ask you another one, What company had the most successful console in video game history?

1 more, who is the company that sold the largest number of a video game system EVER?

See my point?

[edit on 17-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i am a noob!

see next post.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by elitegamer23]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Let me ask you a question, Who is the only company in video game history to have Two consecutive wins in the console wars?

Let me ask you another one, What company had the most successful console in video game history?

1 more, who is the company that sold the largest number of a video game system EVER?

See my point?

nintendo with the nes and snes, sony with the ps1 and ps2.

the gameboy is the largest selling video game system ever i believe.

what are you getting at?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
after some research i see the ps2 has sold 100 million , and the gameboy has sold 80 million and the gameboy advance 80 million.

that makes the ps2 the most successful system ever. sony needs to sell just 98 million ps3 to repeat this amazing feat.

seriously , this war is far from over. currently sony is a distant third.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Hah! you can't even begin to compare any of those companies to Sony.

See my point?

Uh huh, so you're either a Sony stockholder or you've got some serious issues here pal. Fanboyism is wrong in all flavors, not just the flavors that you're not. Nintendoism and Microsoftism might be bad, but just because you don't like them doesn't mean that Sonyism is good.

Do you honestly think that because a producer does well that their system will be better? Because if profits equal quality then I'm kind of curious as to why my Windows XP isn't 100% perfect considering the profits Microsoft reaps. Or why does McDonalds continue to serve low grade meat? If you believe that sort of logic applies to those driven by profit then you're sorely mistaken.

And I've got to ask you this, why on earth are you so supportive of Sony? They're a corporation, their job is to make a profit. They're not going out there to make you happy or to get you laid or to make you popular, or even to sell you a good product. Their goal first and foremost is the same as any other corporation in the industry, to make a profit. So don't waste your breath trying to prop up Sony's image, because they honestly don't care about you. They care about your money.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
this just in! snes is outselling ps3 on amazon! from a certain perspective u could say the sony ps3 will never be #1.

saw it on digg.com
gizmodo.com...

the customer review is also better for the snes .

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
SNES? Huh, I expected that the Revolution's Virtual Console setup would cause a decline in retro sales. Because the Virtual Console is actually pretty nice, a friend of mine got his connected and got a few games and it's very smooth. Now if only they'd get River City Ransom on...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
on the front page of my wii channels i have .... ltoz, links awakening, mario 64, mario kart, and super mario brothers.

its looks nice when i turn my wii on. i have other vc games and have been playing kid icarus. this is an old school game i never beat, and its awesome to have the chance again.

one awesome thing about the vc is my 6 year old daugher has been introduced to mario kart 64 and its her favorite game right now. i didnt want to spend the money on the 64 cart, because i spend to much on video games as it is.

cyber dude said companies dont care about anyting but profit, though true , it is obvious nintendo cares more about their gamers then any other game company in history.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
does anyone have 360 sales figures from this point in the console's life?

i'm asking this because it hardly seems fair to compare current sales figures for the PS3 and 360

and i'd like to go on record as saying the Wii is NOT in this console war, which is why it has such good sales figures
it's not a new console so much as a new method of playing a game

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

and i'd like to go on record as saying the Wii is NOT in this console war, which is why it has such good sales figures
it's not a new console so much as a new method of playing a game

i don't think that's true. x360, ps3, and wii all have one thing in common: they're home consoles that play games. they can, and do steal market share from each other. if one console is deemed unprofitable by developers, they'll just port whatever project they're working on over to one of the other ones. case in point--see EA Games:
/2fltfm
/yvduaj

NDP figures for january: /2dptbo
as far as MS sales up to this point, it's holding up nicely at ~10mil

[edit on 21-2-2007 by karby]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
the PS3 had a 4 week slide and then finally 1 week they sold 5 thousand more units than their 4th worst week in a row and that means something big? lol That's a pretty desperate grab.

Might want to look at the bigger numbers.

Units sold between 12/31 and 2/3:

Wii: 435,503
360: 294,000
PS3: 243,554
PS2: 299,352

Check out the article:

www.gamespot.com...

Also for anyone interested:

Nintendo DS was king (shocker), selling 239,000 units during the five-week January period. The PSP came in second with 211,000 units, followed by the Game Boy Advance with 179,000 units.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the wii has sold 5 million in 3 months and will probably hit 6 million in 4 months. if games start comming out that completely take advantage of the wii mote i see no stop to the sales of wii. nintendo is creating new gamers everyday as wii speak.

could this system( the wii) become the largest selling home console of all time?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just pre-ordered my PS3 a few days ago, as usual UK and Europe have to wait, but has it has been mentioned Europe has not started with the PS3 yet.

So lets see come 12 months time where the sales are at, for the record I will be the owner of my PS3 at the back end of March, it will sit nicely alongside my PS1 and PS2.

Not a Sony junkie even though you would think it, but it was the first games console I ever bought, I found it to be good and so have stuck with it.

My gaming experience started way back with the old Commodore Vic 20 thru to the awesome Amiga 500.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join