It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whos getting the F/A-22 and JSF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I read something the other day about the USA' s allies getting the F/A-22 and the JSF. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this and if it's right or wrong?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
Joint strike fighter

What he said.
But I can't see anyone else getting the Raptor just yet.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
"But I can't see anyone else getting the Raptor just yet."

Nope....not yet... Though Isreal as salivating at the prospect....

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Looked over here

www.f22-raptor.com...

but I could find a think about other countries only US will get this one for two decades to come I think.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Im not 100% sure, but im sure its been anounced that Australia is help financially in the development of the JSF and will be purchasing some to replace both its F-111C and F/A-18 fleets. I think the Numbers to be purchased by the aussies are arround 100.
Going on Australias past military aviation history, the JSF will be build under licence locally. Ill drive out to Williamtown in a few days and check, but i believe Boeing are, or have build a manufacturing facility there.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't think that the RAAF will get rid of the f-18s for a while that just got the US to update them 3 years ago, but your spot on about the f-111 because there getting a tad old.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raptor
I read something the other day about the USA' s allies getting the F/A-22 and the JSF.

What i do know is that the Netherlands participate in the development and production of the JSF. Our government decided to 'buy' 85 Joint strike fighters in order to replace 137 F-16's

Here's an article that also shows some other country which participate in the JSF project.

usinfo.state.gov...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i know that britain is getting the jsf and we probably have a couple f22 just u know since we seem 2 be ur only real friend at the mo

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The F-22 stays within the USAF only...
Similar to the way the F-117 and B-2 have been handled...

The F-35 JSF is designed to replace the U.S. Air Force A-10s and F-16s, U.S. Navy F/A-18s, U.S. Marine Corps AV-8B Harriers and F/A-18s domestically, and will go to the following foreign countries: the United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands, Turkey, Canada, Denmark, Norway and Australia.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
saw on the discovery channel that the UK was getting JSF and the Americans are keeping Raptor and the JSF as well.
thats all ive got for now.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The F22 was designed by the Americans to replace their ageing F15s. They would definitely want to use the F22 themselves of at least 2-3 years.
The joint strike fighter was developed by many countries, and it does not incorporate stealth technology like the F22.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeeth
The F22 was designed by the Americans to replace their ageing F15s. They would definitely want to use the F22 themselves of at least 2-3 years.
The joint strike fighter was developed by many countries, and it does not incorporate stealth technology like the F22.

Make no mistake about it, while not incorporating technology as sophisticated as the F-22, the F-35 JSF is most definitely a "stealth" aircraft - nearly on par with the F-117.

www.lmtas.com...

www.lmaeronautics.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by intelgurl]

new topics

top topics

join