It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object and "Loud Booms" heard over Ohio.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Because that would sure explain a lot of the noise that you are talking about.

Most of the reports coming in were about 90 miles or more from Dayton, home of Wright-Patt AFB. It is unlikely that this was the source. Early in the thread, I included a link to an article that contained quotes from Wright-Patt officials denying any aircraft in the area. There is also a quote from NORAD included.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
...but i thought that pretty much every law dealing with supersonic aircraft over anywhere with any kind of population, including livestock prohibeted planes from going fast enough to cause sonic booms anymore. that includes the military. thats why most tests are run in the south western desserts.

am i wrong about this?

sure, could be a black op, but why on earth would the military do anything that would draw attention to a secret project? and to admit it would just cause them more problems cuz wasnt there a legal case against the govt about sonic booms 'causing distress' in some ranchers cattle a few years back?

just a thought.

perhaps this particular op required a populated area for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
In this very good documentary (www.youtube.com...) we may find an explanation to this topic. In the last two minutes there is a talk about the "aurora project", a secret supersonic aircraft. The whole documentary is worth to watch, but at least the last part seems to me the same event as in Ohio.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
From Akron here, about 2 hours North of Columbus. Did not hear any booms. Though I remember going to Write Pat on a field trip when I was about 12 years old and asking the tour guide "so where are the aliens kept?" She looked at me very shocked and gave a nervous laugh, it was a group of about 20 kids. Looked around and said "I don't know what you're talking about". Didn't even address the rumour. Something fishy about that life experience.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Lightman9202]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't recall what evening, but I indeed did hear around early evening a loud sound that made me think that missles were being launched in the distance. Very loud and unusual. I was located in Newtown, Ivy Hills area east of Cincinnati. Other people in this area heard this also. There is an article in the archives of Cincinnati Magazine about Adams County having a private government facility. I also know of private facilities in Brown County. I would venture to guess Dayton area from the direction of the sounds location. The sound seemed 'airborne' to me. That's why I wondered if a missle attack was launched. My guess would be government project.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
I don't recall what evening, but I indeed did hear around early evening a loud sound that made me think that missles were being launched in the distance. Very loud and unusual. I was located in Newtown, Ivy Hills area east of Cincinnati. Other people in this area heard this also. There is an article in the archives of Cincinnati Magazine about Adams County having a private government facility. I also know of private facilities in Brown County. I would venture to guess Dayton area from the direction of the sounds location. The sound seemed 'airborne' to me. That's why I wondered if a missle attack was launched. My guess would be government project.

I am really going to convince that this event is what they call "aurora project": Secret supersonic aircraft..

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
im not familiar with the military reservations in ohio area, are there any that the military could be doing live fire? the rocket launches sounds plausible. or am i misguided again? lol i was a grunt...any af boys/girls out there with some other insights?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Maybe it was near Wright-Patterson, so that may be one explanation...

...but the fact that one guy SAW what he desribed as a meteor that coincided with the sound of the boom makes me think it possibly was just a meteor. It's not terribly uncommon for a large meteor burning up in the atmosphere to pass through the sound barrier, thus creating a boom.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We did have a post some months ago about some mystery booms.

Since it apparently isn't something that is noted on a seizmograph, then the answer would seem lie in the skys.

We do have what seems to be a lot of activity in the skies as of late.

What this is, I don't know.

Troy

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who participated in this forum at this time. I was suprised that the "BOOMS" over Ohio would get so much attention. It has been a pretty interesting time in the skies over Ohio in the past couple of years.

I will pay close attention to the local media sources here and post links of any of this type of activity here.

Thanks Again,

GNO army

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I had a look to see where those places from the news articles were and it looks like they are in more or less NE-SW straight line.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edit:

I forgot to add that this type of sounds, like the "Moodus sounds", has been known in the US since the 17th century and earlier by the natives.

[edit on 17/2/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am in coshocton county, and it was heard 15 miles from here.. Loud booms.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I had a look to see where those places from the news articles were and it looks like they are in more or less NE-SW straight line.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edit:

I forgot to add that this type of sounds, like the "Moodus sounds", has been known in the US since the 17th century and earlier by the natives.

[edit on 17/2/2007 by ArMaP]

Columbus Ohio makes up the bigger part of Central Ohio. The only eye witness, Mr. Gill, saw an object that he described "looking like a meteor". Keep in mind that he also investigated meteor strikes as a professional. He said that it was odd because it stayed illuminated longer than normal. He lives in Granville Ohio. This is immediately East of Columbus. Others reported hearing the booms as far East as Muskingum County and SE of Columbus in Fairfield County. So to answer the question, most of the reports hailed from Central East, East, and Southeast of Columbus, central Ohio. I hope this helps.

Thank You,

GNOarmy

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, I can add a little bit of "clearing up" here. I have a perfect view of Wright Patt from my bedroom window, and I work right off to the side of the runways on the east side of the base. As far as I can tell, this event occured on the 16th (yesterday)? Luckily, I have been sick, so I wasn't able to sleep yesterday. There was NO boom here.

That and the base is closed due to all the snow we have here.

And (just to be a smart ass
), Wright Patt is technically in Fairborn, Oh ( Yes, even I consider it "greater dayton").
We're out of salt for the roads here, so there is almost no activity in town.

Whatever this situation is, as much as i would like it to involve the base, I'm pretty sure that they have nothing to do with it. The MPs aren't even patrolling the area right now!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by manastin

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r

I am really going to convince that this event is what they call "aurora project": Secret supersonic aircraft..

Aurora sounds familiar. I wonder where they are launching from or where they were traveling too? This sounds interesting for me to research further. Ohio must have been a flight pattern from one access to another. Too cool though. The sound was astounding.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Was driving home from Wilmington Ohio last night (May 7 2011) at about 1230-1 am and we were passing the rest area on interstate 71 headed towards Cincinnati, when we heard the loudest boom I have ever heard. It shook the ground but didn't seem like it came from in the ground more like overhead. Similar to a sonic boom in nature. We are near an airforce base. But I don't see them causing sonic booms in the middle of the night. Been looking online and nothing is coming up about it. Very weird. I am wondering what the heck it was.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join