It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object and "Loud Booms" heard over Ohio.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I found this article on a Columbus Ohio news station website. I found it interesting because of all of the recent UFO sightings in Ohio. Read for yourself and leave input please.

10tv.com.../10tv/content/pool/200702/367717913.html

Thank You,

GNOarmy

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I found an additional article from a nes paper from a city 30 miles East of Columbus Ohio. I thought maybe a sonic boom from a jet, but how could that be heard in so many different parts of Ohio. It had to be much more powerful than a sonic boom.

lancastereaglegazette.com.../20070215/NEWS01/70215009/1002/NEWS17

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Did you hear it?...

Hell I don't live in Ohio but that sounds real weird.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I cant see how on earth ice thawing could make such a loud sound. This sounds to me like one of those cases from San Diego where some black project has flown over an area and set of seismic sensors. I wonder why there has been such an increase in odd activities in Ohio recently? I lived there for 26 years and never saw or heard anything. Now there has been an uptick in UFO related activity, minor earthquakes, and now this...

I feel like I should move back to catch some of the action.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
People of OHIO...is there any stories, myths about your state? LOL

Are you above some frozen lake?.....I have no idea. Are aliens building a base? Military involvement!!!..what the hell is going on!!!?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I did not hear the noises myself, but I sleep a couple hours at a time. Pretty deep sleep I might add. I'm an EMT and am sent out often through the night on squad runs, so it is likely I simply slept through it.

I found another article from a news paper in a city about 50 miles East of Columbus. It contains quotes from Wright-Patterson AFB as well as NORAD. It answers the questions about possibly being sonic booms.

zanesvilletimesrecorder.com.../20070216/NEWS01/702160302/1002

To answer the question about nearby lakes. I do live about 12 miles from Buckeye Lake, but it is not near large enough to draw any extraterrestrial intelligence interest. In some spots, you can walk from one side of the lake to the other.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We heard what might have been the same thing either last week or a week ago. I didn't think too much about it, but at the time we thought maybe it was an explosion of some sort. There were four or five booms in pretty rapid succession, like "boom...BOOom boOO boom BOOM", or something similar to that, then it just stopped. It was almost like the sound waves were dopplering each other, or overlapping... very odd noise.

What I THINK it probably is is a new nosecone needle being tested for silent jets. I was just listening on NPR the other day, they were talking about how to control noise pollution, they're working on new, more silent jets that don't cause sonic booms. The way they're trying to accomplish this is with some sort of needle that breaks up the sound wave or sends one that cancels out the other...or something.

Here's a link to a CNN story on it. Neat stuff. Since we have so many airports and an air force base nearby, that's what I assume it is, given the strange quality of the sound and utter lack of news coverage about the noises in the area, what more could it possibly be?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
People of OHIO...is there any stories, myths about your state? LOL

Dayton Ohio is home to Wright-Patterson AFB. It is said to be the final destination and current location of the Roswell crash debris. It was rumored to host a live alien from the wrechage as well. I heard his favorite earth food is strawberry ice cream. (Ha Ha Ha)

Seriously though, check out some of the recent threads posted by Frozenthough. It seems the Great Lakes area, which is about 200 miles from the recent events in Columbus, Ohio, is a real "Hotbed" for UFO sightings.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Reading through teh anon board, thought I'd add this to the thread:

I live 30 miles NW of Dayton Ohio.. Our 1st "Boom" came 2 wks ago. It was in the early evening. It sounded like a truck hit the one side of the house. It shook only that side, windows, and the floor. It scared the hell out of us. We ran outside to find nothing. No ice on the roof to fall, and no it wasent our pipes..This was a very very vibrating "Boom". Two nights later, while watching TV, around 7 pm..it happened again. This time it sounded like it landed on the roof. Same loudness, but the whole house shook. Last wk it happened again, but twice within a couple of hours. The 1st was a huge "Boom" it shook our floor, and just the one side of the house. The windows on that side shook so hard I thought they would break. I swear we thought a truck hit the house..we ran out again..Nothing..
Sonic boom my ass..It was no sonic boom..I've lived near Wright Pat all my life..heard hundreds of sonic booms..
This was no rock from space either..
What the heck was it????

anon.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I wonder why there has been such an increase in odd activities in Ohio recently? I lived there for 26 years and never saw or heard anything.

I feel like I should move back to catch some of the action.

Perhaps the military has a new toy that they are testing near populated areas because everyone is looking at the remote, isolated areas like Area 51.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this. I live close to Buckeye Lake and only heard ice cracking late Wednesday night.

In Heath, which is saddled next to Newark there is an installation called Central Ohio Aerospace Technology. I'm not quite sure what they do there - used to be a no trespassing sign up. The Air Force ran it and it was privatized in the early 90's. Something to do with metrology and calibration. The web site has a letter from Boeing stating they did work for the Air Force there - repair and manufacture of guidance and navigation products.

One thing sort of interesting is the railroad. Moving from East to West there is Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, then in Whitehall (enclave of Columbus) there is what used to be the DCSC - Defence Construction Supply Center. It served in every major military engagement since WWI and when WWII came around it was the largest military supply center in the world.

I grew up in Whitehall and lived 2 blocks from it. We called it the 'depot'. I attended Robinwood Elementary and you could look out the window and see the depot behind Town & Country Shopping Center. We used to have what they called "duck and cover" drills in case of nuclear attack. If you see the bright light duck and cover
My dad used to tell me, that because of the depot we were probably 5th on a very short 'to do' list by the Soviets.

Continuing east you run into the Heath facility opereated by the Air Force.

I'll try and pay better attention and listen for strange sounds.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I heard a super loud and prolonged boom about a month ago, it woke me up but I was still really groggy. It actually hurt my ears. I asked my parents and brothers about it the next day, my mom says she heard it too and suggested it might have been a sonic boom from a jet, but my brothers hadn't heard anything; they were fast asleep.

I live in Kent, Ohio.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I live a little south of Dayton and haven't heard anything. My dad who lives closer to Cincinnati said he heard a boom around 9:40pm on Feb 14th and some people he works with from Kentucky said they also heard one.

He also sent me this article talking about it.
www.newarkadvocate.com.../20070215/NEWS01/70215015

[edit on 16-2-2007 by codylawyer99]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I find this story very interesting for the facts at hand and with all of the eye wittness account's of these event's that took place during this time around Ohio.
I wanted to research more about this effect of "Ice heaving" and decided to google it to see what was out there on this topic, turn's out there are a few articles of information, even has the dynamics of how it form's to be and what the effects are, most are downloadable pages and I wished not to venture to having to DL those articles. You can Google it under description of "Ice Heave" in the search.
Here is a page that was non-DL that has a very wierd attachment to it , wouldn't be so strange to recante something from new information, but the altercation's came as a surprise after looking at the dates that it was revised by the author. Don't know if there is some kind of conspiracy in this act, but it is quite odd for the timing of the change of heart, not to mention how dynamic this effect really is, under the circumstances at hand, thought it would be worth while sharing.
Great thread, was very interesting, I will be revisiting soon, here's the website from my searching:

knowgramming.com...

I will also see if I cannot verify from some of my personal connections to see if there is any possibility of this happening in one area and being able to cause the same effect at a distance to cause a chain reaction of some kind . Won't hold my breath for it being possible for sounds being able to carry deciples as to achieve this particular event, but is very interesting if it is possible.... Thanks again

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow.. I live In Indianapolis and this is the first I have heard of this. I am wondering for the witnesses (earwitnesses) on say a scale of 1 to 10 how loud was the boom you heard? I was up late one night last week letting out my Lab's and thought I heard a very faint boom which was weird..

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hey, I can actually comment on this one. I did not hear these sonic booms but about 10 years ago my friend and I had something like this happen in Ohio. This happened to me in a small town South East of Canton Ohio. It was around midnight. We were getting ready to head out to some parties and hang out with friends. I was in the bathroom when I heard the first boom. It was loud and it actually shook my parents house. Stuff on the bathroom shelves rattled. At the time I though a semi truck had just wrecked on our road. It was that type of a sound. My parents live close to route 30 and trucks had a habit of crashing at night on the sharp bends. It was not thunder. It was a clear summer night and it did not sound or feel like thunder. I though I was going to pinned at my parents by an accident but before I could even leave the house another boom went off and the house rattled again. A few minutes later my friend called me (he lived just down the road) to see if I heard and felt those strange booms. Of course I said yes and then I headed over to his house. There wasn’t any accident on the road. While we were standing outside in his yard there was a third loud boom. The boom was loud, strange and you could feel it. We could not see anything in the sky and besides the booms the area was quiet. We decided to drive around for a while and see what happened. We drove the area for the next couple of hours. It got really foggy, we didn’t hear any more booms and we never found out what was causing them.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
Wow.. I live In Indianapolis and this is the first I have heard of this. I am wondering for the witnesses (earwitnesses) on say a scale of 1 to 10 how loud was the boom you heard? I was up late one night last week letting out my Lab's and thought I heard a very faint boom which was weird..

for me it would be around a 7 or 8, it was incredibly loud but low and constant for a while. I couldn't go back to sleep until it stopped.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hm..Valentine's Day...I go to school in Western NY and on my way home from dinner with my girlfriend we saw a bright white light pulse with increasing and decreasing intensity (www.abovetopsecret.com...).

We were heading WEST on RT-17 towards Ohio! This was around 7-8pm at night. What could this have possibly been?

Thanks,

NaMaSte

biggie smalls

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
maybe one of the airforce guys could back me up or refute me on this one...

but i thought that pretty much every law dealing with supersonic aircraft over anywhere with any kind of population, including livestock prohibeted planes from going fast enough to cause sonic booms anymore. that includes the military. thats why most tests are run in the south western desserts.

am i wrong about this?

sure, could be a black op, but why on earth would the military do anything that would draw attention to a secret project? and to admit it would just cause them more problems cuz wasnt there a legal case against the govt about sonic booms 'causing distress' in some ranchers cattle a few years back?

just a thought.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Because that would sure explain a lot of the noise that you are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join