It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Web Trail: Conspiracy Theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Weird Web Trail: Conspiracy Theory — Or Marketing For Nine Inch Nails LP?

A dystopian civilization in the throws of extinction. A government poisoning its own citizens through the drinking water. Military police raiding private residences. The end of civil liberties. The creation of a Church-State. Mind control.

The contents of some conspiracy theorist's personal manifesto? The plot of a rote first-person shooter? The results of a quick jaunt through Snopes.com? Actually, it's all part of the elaborate (and somewhat terrifying) concept behind Nine Inch Nails' upcoming Year Zero album (due April 17), details of which are currently being disseminated through a series of increasingly spooky — and downright odd — Web sites.

I haven't gone to all of the sites listed yet. I will soon. Has anyone else heard of this and have opinions to offer?

Here are some of them listed...
I am trying to believe
Another Version of the Truth
Be The Hammer
105th airborne crusaders
Consolidated Mail Systems

Edit: Sorry, I may have jumped the gun a bit...

But according to reports published on the Web site of the U.K.'s Digit magazine and elsewhere, the sites are part of an alternate reality game, created by 42 Entertainment, a marketing company responsible for one of the most famously ambitious ARGs in history

Continue at you own risk. Mods: feel free to move to BTS if necessary. It might be worth discussion however.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by mecheng]

[edit on 16-2-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That's a great find man!

I love it!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i went to anotherversionofthetruth.com... and highlighted the entire page. At the bottom of the screen it says "24.10.8". What is that

new topics

join