It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visiting a Masonic Lodge.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A friend and I drove past a Masonic lodge last night and we read at the entrance visitors welcomed, so we went in.

It was quite strange walking in because there was about 15 Masons in a room having a meeting or something. Yet all the lighting in the building was off, including the entrance and hall way, which was where we came in.

We were standing around looking at the ordaments, symbols and medals on the walls, basically in the dark. The Masons were in another room, and didn't see us, and nobody ended up coming out. So we left after about 10 minutes.

We're going back within the next few days so we can talk to a couple of them. So I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on how I could go about it, what to ask and what not to ask.

Any suggestions would be great.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah I have a question or two:

Ask them if they heard of Albert Pike?

If they say yes then what do they think of him?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
thats awesome! everytime me and my freinds drive by the little temple in my city we talk about going there but we never actually got to it.....i guess we poke too much smot
....btw who is Albert Pike????

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by TheOpposite]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I went on a tour of the Salt Lake City Masonic Temple.

Nothing like watching a Master Mason lie through his teeth.

He was saying how the Moorish and Kemetian themes of the rooms are: "just for decoration" or "just for fun".

Give me a break

ONE

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow.

Hey.

There are people on this site that have been in hundreds of them. Good luck with making friends there, it will depend on the policy of openness of the particular group as to whether they will entertain you. They won't be at all interested if you have approached them without a favorable preconceived notion - simple curiosity may not do it for you!

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

He was saying how the Moorish and Kemetian themes of the rooms are: "just for decoration" or "just for fun".

Give me a break

ONE

I've been to this one too. I didn't talk to anyone though.

[Edited on 12/21/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
They won't be at all interested if you have approached them without a favorable preconceived notion - simple curiosity may not do it for you!

Thats an interesting observation Masked Avatar. I suppose I should be stoked to have had a favorable preconcieved notion. Thoinx

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Albert pike wrote morals and dogma, some say it's the masons bible of sorts, i don't know. i do know masons are all about receiving the light i.e. lucifer aka the great architect aka osirus, masons are a lot older that albert pike so i don't know what type of influence he has on masonry. albert pike is the only confederate soldier to have a monument in washington d.c. my grandfather was a bigwig in the masons, when he died in Florida where we lived his lodge brothers from Arkansas were in Florida to pick him up within hours of his death to bring him back to Arkansas, i found that weird and i have been looking into the masons since then.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by razorbackhater]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Both my grandfathers were freemasons, they would not provide me with any information reguarding it. All i know is both my grandfathers did some mad evil stuff. They have their pictures in the white house and my family has no clue why. They believe its because of the masonic connections.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As a matter of fact a co-worker of mine has invted me to attend a lodge meeting but I havent decided if I want to join this organization or not. I have a few plans for 2004 like taking up my guitar lessons and such and dont know if I will have time to goto these meetings every tuesday night......hmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i have all my grandfathers books, ect.

the only way you can become a mason is to ask them, they cannot ask you

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Give me a break

ONE

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Give me a break

ONE

Silly question...what are/is Moorish and Kemitian?

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by DeltaNine]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
My grandmother says she was a mason for a month when she was a kid. She laughed when I said they might sacrifice things, but she did say they were very ritualistic.

Aren't you sposed to have a family member that is or was a mason to be one?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I eat lunch once a week at the masonic lodge in flint michigan. The people are very nice and the food is great. They don't come off as evil devil worshippers or evil NWO types.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackopsychopants
My grandmother says she was a mason for a month when she was a kid. She laughed when I said they might sacrifice things, but she did say they were very ritualistic.

Aren't you sposed to have a family member that is or was a mason to be one?

As I understand it, you have to be

• male
  • believe in God
  • over 18
  • of good character

Check out freemasonry.org and find the lodge nearest to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Anyone live near an Elks lodge?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

yes ....three. Also my woman's grandmother works at a lodge in Los Angeles, I will be picking her up at the Sacramento airport tomorrow. Is there anything you would have me ask her? I don't know much about any of the "Secret Societies" are the Elks considered to of a suspicious nature? I used to live near an OLD graveyard dating back to the mid 1800s, there are several sections devoted to different groups, even a Native American area...very cool place I have many photos. I have a great one of a cast Iron archway with something to the effect of Odd Fellows / Masonic Order I can post the pic if anyone's interested?

[Edited on 12-22-2003 by exdog]

[Edited on 12-22-2003 by exdog]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Yup I eat dinner there at least once a month I even washed dishes there in high school. OMG I am surrounded by secret societies. My dads a member of the elks club and my grand father was a mason but not a 33 degree one

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have a great one of a cast Iron archway with something to the effect of Odd Fellows / Masonic Order I can post the pic if anyone's interested?

Oh do be a Jent and post it will you old boy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join