It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My genius Idea to organize truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Since ATS is so stubborn at wanting to have their post's linked and to the point I agree but with one addition. Everyone should only be able to post 3 sentences that best add to the disccussion. Also make the body of posts connect so we can take all this important information quickly and easily. We can't comprehend these long threads. Its better we if we maded easier for readers by requiring facts in less than 3 sentences.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Huh?

Some things require more than three sentences. Take your own post here as an example.

Some ideas and theories also need some dialog to set up the theory, tell the theory, then explain it.

And if a link is included, that would only leave two sentences for discussion. Just doesn't make sense.

2 cents.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It may not work here for ATS but it would certainably be a good system in order to compile important relevant data pertaining to each topic if one was looking for a way to get the most important information about a topic in a list forum with a little contribution from the masses that want to add to the discussion or widen it

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I do understand what you are saying. But this is a "discussion" board.

Where members discuss a lot of theories, that may or may not be laced with a lot of facts.

It would be nice to have a place where all the facts are stored, for quick reference. But in a place like this, where there is much speculation and conjecture, it is unlikely to happen very often.

The reason for this is simple.

As soon as someone makes a statement and presents it as a fact, another poster may make a posting disputing it. Then an argument may ensue, and each would go back and forth with evidence, either way.

And add a few more posters in the thread, and soon the facts that were posted first are lost several pages back.

At least that is how I see it.

There's no shorctcut to research, unless of course you can speed read.

edit to add:

Originally posted by rrahim1 relevant data pertaining to each topic

That's the thing. Since much of what is posted here are only theories, the person posting that information generally holds his/her theory in higher regard than the next member. They each think that their data is more relevent, until of course it is proven one way or the other. Until then it is only a theory. And should not be confused with the facts, until proven otherwise.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Now I am in disagreement here. I don't see why we should only include facts within three sentences to accommodate other members that are not exactly used to the large amounts of typing that takes place here at ATS. As time goes on you will get used to the amount of facts on ATS, and you will see that it takes more then three pages to include all of the facts on it. I am not commenting, as my writing leaves a lot to be desired, but I shall say that many people write what they feel put, they will not like to be censored, and many would not like that rule.

top topics

join