It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity of fox is doing a special on Gore's private plane travel on Sun 18th feb 07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just seen on foxnews, that Hannity is going to do a special on Gore's private plane travel.
He is also in the show going to use gore's carbon emissions calculator to show how much carbon gore is using by traveling by private jet to his tour destinations, compared to the famous suv's.

This is a thread that could of used a vote plugin, as we could see if everyone think gore is a hypocrite for this. He travels around in a private jet, instead of going by commercial planes.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Is Al Gore Really "Carbon Neutral"?

NEUTRALIZING GORE'S AIR TRAVEL CO2 EMISSIONS

So if Gore were to travel by Piper Seneca V to promote his book and movie, he'd have about a ton of CO2 to offset for every 500 miles. That's two tons per 500-mile round trip. Although he cannot travel this way and be a CO2 Puritan, CarbonCounter would charge just $20 to offset two tons of CO2. Given the cost of private chartered aircraft, this amount that qualifies as extraordinarily weak noise in the price signal. So it's incredibly easy for him to be a CO2 Pragmatist.

Whats your opinions on this issue.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Im not a fan of Gore or Hanity but if Gore is indeed flying around on private jets to preach to the world that we are all bad for using fossil fuels then I think his hyprocricy needs to be exposed.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If you goto fox website you can find a preview video of the show on sunday.

They joked i wonder how many of them pop stars will travel by private jet to antartica, for the concert. Amazing how the rich have one life, and they expect us to live another.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The concert in Antarctica must be height of hypocrisy. I wonder how much ecological damage it's going to do to the one almost pristine area left on Earth?

[edit on 2/16/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The concert in Antarctica must be height of hypocrisy. I wonder how much ecological damage it's going to do to the one almost pristine area left on Earth?

[edit on 2/16/2007 by djohnsto77]

yep you have to wonder, will be interesting to see. i wonder how many of the stars will want to do there concert down there.

maybe they will go by sub, lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Im not a fan of Gore or Hanity but if Gore is indeed flying around on private jets to preach to the world that we are all bad for using fossil fuels then I think his hyprocricy needs to be exposed.

Liberal democrats don't really give a damn about the environment or the so called "climate change." The global warming/climate change buzz is a hot button political issue for the left and that is the only reason they pander to gw/cc alarmists. Another case in point is Americas grandmother (Nancy Pelosi) wanting a 757 to haul her hide back and forth between D.C. and San Fran. The plane that Republican Hastert used was smaller and more efficient but that is not important to her just as it is not important Al (I used to be the next President) Gore.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I couldn't give a flying fornication about Gore or Pelosi, but this has to be said...

Another case in point is Americas grandmother (Nancy Pelosi) wanting a 757 to haul her hide back and forth between D.C. and San Fran. The plane that Republican Hastert used was smaller and more efficient but that is not important to her just as it is not important Al (I used to be the next President) Gore.

The larger plane was ostensibly necessary to allow non-stop service, coast to coast.

Hastert hailed from Illinois, which is only ~800 miles away. Big difference.

There's a picture of the yahoo in question.

Just because I can.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I couldn't give a flying fornication about Gore or Pelosi, but this has to be said...

Another case in point is Americas grandmother (Nancy Pelosi) wanting a 757 to haul her hide back and forth between D.C. and San Fran. The plane that Republican Hastert used was smaller and more efficient but that is not important to her just as it is not important Al (I used to be the next President) Gore.

The larger plane was ostensibly necessary to allow non-stop service, coast to coast.

Hastert hailed from Illinois, which is only ~800 miles away. Big difference.
Just because I can.

First, the plane can fly cost to cost depending on head and tail winds. Secondly, if everyone else is supposed to sacrifice in the name of the Holy Global Warming, why doesn't she begin setting the first example. If we would have just went from a democrat controlled congress to a Republican controlled congress and the incoming Republican would live on the west coast and would want a large plane every lib in the damn world would be up in arms over it...including you!

BTW, I'm glad you know how to post images. Can you do anymore tricks?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If we would have just went from a democrat controlled congress to a Republican controlled congress and the incoming Republican would live on the west coast and would want a large plane every lib in the damn world would be up in arms over it...including you!

Watch yourself. I'm not a 'lib' and I'm damn sure not a Democrat, if anything I'm a conservative anti-Republicrat.

My opinion on the subject, which I've stated on other threads, when it comes to politicians and their travel expenses - they should be around the people; they should fly coach like everyone else.

If politicians are insulated from their constitutents, then they're more likely to ignore their needs and concerns in favor of big business and special interest groups.

They're afraid to fly with the rest of us? What's that mean, exactly? It means they're either scared of us, or they think we're in danger and they don't want to risk it. If we're in danger, they should be too, and if they're scared of us, then they're finally getting the right idea.

BTW, I'm glad you know how to post images. Can you do anymore tricks?

Lots.

top topics

join