It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I'm a new guy here at the ATS forum. I had a couple of points that I wanted to share.
First off, with regard to the NASA "Tether" video: All those large objects that appear to
be floating or flying around up there in orbit around our planet, it looks like the 405
freeway on a Friday afternoon. Would'nt you think that if that was just junk aimlessly
flying around up there that it would have come in contact/impacted with the Shuttle at
some point durring the it's many orbits around the Earth? It would seem to me that
those objects would have to be intellegently controlled. Otherwise, by the looks of the
"Tether" video, it's like your flying through a mine field. Seems a little sketchy at best
to "safely" orbit our planet.

Regarding the ET's, the Goverments that be, and disclosure:
It would seem to me that if these beings are coming here from other worlds and are
much more advanced in their technology than we currntly are, they posess knowledge
that would make our heads spin. As they say here on Eath, "Knowledge is power", and
assuming that they have that sort of knowledge/power, how is it that the Goverments
of our world that may be concidered by an ET, archaic in their thinking, can keep a lid
on this UFO thing if the ET's want to make their presents known to mankind?
My view is, that our governments and the ET's (if that is what they are) would have to
be working together to keep this thing a secret untill they feel the time is ripe for
singing like canary about the whole thing.

Thoughts, anyone??....

MS

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i think the explanation was that there is a hypothesis of actual living creatures in the upper atmosphere we dont know about. now obviously this sounds ridiculous but its turned off people who have seen the video like a couple of extremely skeptical friends i know to say ......yeah there are things doesnt mean they are aliens tho. i guess they will throw out anything to dismiss the fact that they are alien crafts.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't think that living organism in space is *too* far fetched of an idea, honestly. There is light, therefore there is energy. Where there's energy there could theoretically be life.

Space is full of junk. When it changes direction without running into another object - then you have something interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well when it comes to the Space Shuttle, and indeed the ISS and
satelites, small things do impact them, but they're so small that
the impact shileds can handle them with little to no problems.

When it comes to things large enough to cause problems, we have
a map showing the position of everyone of them, and using orbital
extrapulations we are able to keep them out of the path of those
objects.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloS13
I don't think that living organism in space is *too* far fetched of an idea, honestly. There is light, therefore there is energy. Where there's energy there could theoretically be life.

Space is full of junk. When it changes direction without running into another object - then you have something interesting.

energy does not = life. there is energy in the sun and supernovas and we dont see life. same with jupiter there are storms that could possibly harness energy, no life hehe.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jemblem62
energy does not = life. there is energy in the sun and supernovas and we dont see life. same with jupiter there are storms that could possibly harness energy, no life hehe.

Just because we do not see life, does not mean it is not there. Human beings have a very narrow field of vision, (and perspective.) who knows what is moving around us even as we read and write these words to each other.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Only one question, what do you think would happen if tomorrow the whole world doesn't need oil anymore?

I can't wait for the government to tell us what they really knows about ETs but I think this won't happen until the transition of gas to hybrid/electric cars is done.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by jemblem62

Just because we do not see life, does not mean it is not there. Human beings have a very narrow field of vision, (and perspective.) who knows what is moving around us even as we read and write these words to each other.

ok then let me put it this way, theres no proof of life in the upper atmosphere and actually come to think of it the tether incident happened in space in which it is impossible to support any life. not to mention the things were 2 miles in diameter and came out into the ultraviolet hehe

new topics

top topics

join