It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro & Con of Eugenics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I found university level genetics to be difficult. I had to re-do a course. Yet it would seem that anyone with basic high school biology is an accredited expert, of such superior design as to be in a position to give opinions on, or determine the future of the human race. Wow, I'm impressed. Sorry for the sarcasm but I am absolutely appalled at the pretentious arrogance.

We have all heard the cliche, 'survival of the fittest'. But nature does not choose the fittest by hair color, skin colour, brain size, intelligence, arrogance or any of the attributes that we have come to understand as genetic traits. In nature, it is survival of the most resilient. And guess what, environment plays a huge part on our genetics. A sapling may be able to withstand a storm because of its flexibility, where a rigid tree would break. Yet the wind itself is now conditioning the sapling to become more durable, which will be expressed in next generation of seeds (unless they're Montsanto seeds). The foods (i.e genetically modified) and the drugs we consume (i.e. chemical additives), the pollution, diseases and toxins we are exposed to, the climate we live in, the immunities we build-up, our thoughts and fears (memories) translated into chemicals known as RNA, which is carried by the DNA, all combine to mutate (change) our cell structure, which is incorporated back into the DNA. Tampering with our genes could be disasterous to natural evolution; that gene may be linked to something vital. The "undesired" traits will either die-out on their own, remain dormant or recessive, or, they are traits which evolution has deemed desirable for some other purpose. So you may consider white skin, for example, to be a desirable trait, but it is very undesirable if you're living in the sun. You get the picture. Who are you to decide?

My point here is, what makes any of us smart enough to determine (through our very limited thinking processes) that competitive, over-sized, hockey-playing, war-loving, obedient soldiers are more desirable, for example, over the co-operative, short, artistic, loving, peaceful types. Everytime we mess with one thing, it will affect so many others, we have no idea. This shouldn't even be a discussion because nobody truly understands all the intricacies -- the absolute miracle of life. Nobody has the inalienable right to tamper with the lives of others. The elite do it because they feel superior to you! But don't think you can weed-out the superiority gene. Again, environment and conditioning has a large part to play.

There was a very small article that appeared in the Washington Post a few years back, it was an apology from the Red Cross. It turns out that Red Cross workers who headed the African mission (80's Regan era) to vaccinate the population, presumably against polio and hepatitis and such, really believed that's what they were doing. They did not question exactly what may be in the vaccines, and nobody told them it was a sterilization campaign. Sincere do-gooders were injecting people with HIV, Hep-C and other horrors, thinking they were giving humanitarian aid. How often have we heard that one eh? Today, any health care worker will gladly shoot you up with a vaccine. It's a standard procedure. Just roll up your sleeve. They can be very insistent and persistent. During the H1N1 hoax of a couple of years ago some of the batches of "vaccines" were tested, and found to have sterilizing agents, cancer causing agents, immune suppressing agents, unrecognizable foreign DNA, live strains of H5N1 (bird flue), along with the usual mercury and additives that are certain killers. If you weren't sick before the vaccination you have a better chance now because some do-gooders (who believe our militant government and big pharma tell the truth) introduced into your body, without your knowledge or consent, agents that will compromise your immune system, genetic make-up, and your ability to reproduce. Eugenics is already in practise. No discussion.

You have no say. Somebody smarter than you decided the world is overpopulated, and apparently wealthy people are more fit to survive. Yes, at the end of the day eugenics is about money -- getting rid of those who are not contributing enough, or who are a drag on the welfare system, or who are deemed "unworthy". This topic gets me so mad! (I'm not angry with this forum. You guys are great and I'm glad you opened a thread for discussion.) But I've been reading-up on eugenics over the years and apparently I am passionate about it / against it. I see nothing positive about the eugenics programs. I believe that anyone who thinks he/she knows what's best for me, or human kind, is an arrogant sob. Thanks for letting me vent.

<< 1   >>

join