It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research on Masonic influences in Universities and other Institutions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Need some help here.

Can anyone out there on ATS verify for me if Cassius Clay was a member of any fraternal orders? specifically freemasonry?

How about John G. Fee, and William Danforth?

All these men were alive and active in the era of the Civil War and Reconstruction if that helps.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
Need some help here.

Can anyone out there on ATS verify for me if Cassius Clay was a member of any fraternal orders? specifically freemasonry?

All these men were alive and active in the era of the Civil War and Reconstruction if that helps.

Hi Stewart

Do you mean reseach undertaken by universities, or masonic influence within universities? There is a masonic research centre at Sheffield University in England if this is what you are looking for.

Sorry can't help you with the guys you mentioned.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have read several articles from Sheffield's website on Masonry, I find it to be good quality from educated people. But if you mean is Masonry involved in all kinds of education all over the world or something.. I know one professor who is a Mason, but no professor I have ever had was one. Why do you ask?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
William Danforth was a Phi Delta Theta member.

I haven't come across any of them in list of 'Famous' Freemasons. It may be possible to find out the lodges in the locality that they lived as I am sure, especially with Cassius Clay and John G Fee, that they would be willing to admit if they were members. Given their historical significance though I would have thought that if they were not on the published lists then you can assume they weren't members.

In the case of Clay, as a good friend of Lincoln's, he may have inquired as Lincoln was a great admirer of Freemasonry and intended to join when he left public office. So may be worth double checking with possible lodges.

Not sure that helps but its all I've got.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
Need some help here.

According to Denslow's "10,000 Famous Freemasons"

Cassius M. Clay was a member of Davies Masonic Lodge No 22 in Kentucky

Fee and Danforth are not listed.

top topics

join