It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback on complaints made.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
How does one find out if a complaint they have made was received, considered and any followup action was taken at all?

Is there some procedure that is taken and can this be explained to the membership if in fact there is a process?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
All complaints are recieved and reviewed. All complaints are visible to all staff members. Any follow up action required is discussed by staff members. Or someone posts something to the effect of 'I got it' etc for simple queries. If a member complains about another member it is not normal practise to inform the complaining member of any disciplinary action taken against the subject of the complaint.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Then members must assume that any action taken is at the whims of the management then correct?

This does not inspire me to complain then even if I feel it is justified and in fact it would be to most other people.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh Happy Day!
He got the point immediatly!!
Go to the top of the class Neo

We are under no obligation to reply, act upon, comment or even reply to anything submitted in the complaints.

All that is done is purely at the will of the mods involved. Although ALL complaints are checked by the mods and often discussed at length, so there is always behind the scenes actions, and it is rare that a complaint is not commented upon at least.

Sometimes they may be seen as worthy and acted upon immediatly, others are not considered signifigent, - don't forget if something upsets you, its not necessarily our problem. If you are just as guilty of upsetting others whats the odds we are going to act on your complaint about the same issues?

Also "Complaints" is not a method for you to be a mod by proxy.

Just because you make a complaint or suggestion does not mean that we are obligated to act upon it.

On the other hand it is unfair to us to think that we draw straws over complaints, we do discuss and debate the virtue of them and the possible outcomes.

Also if a theme does start to develop over a member, thread or issue, we do notice and respond. Afterall we are not just playing cards in the mod section but trying to build a harmonious and stable (haha) site.

If you want a personal reply to a complaint, I don't know if you will get one, as there is no one overall to assess them. You could always utu a mod and ask them if they have any further information on your complaint, and could they lobby for you. You never know it can be the best way to get things done.

This more superior system, works against those mod haters out there, but hey you makes your choices (according to popeye)

BTW this post is my peronal response to this thread and does not give it the standing of board policy.

Originally posted by THENEO
Then members must assume that any action taken is at the whims of the management then correct?

This does not inspire me to complain then even if I feel it is justified and in fact it would be to most other people.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Oh Happy Day!
He got the point immediatly!!
Go to the top of the class Neo

YOU ARE IMPLYING....

We are under no obligation to reply, act upon, comment or even reply to anything submitted in the complaints.

REALLY, IS THIS A GOOD IDEA, REALLY?

All that is done is purely at the will of the mods involved. Although ALL complaints are checked by the mods and often discussed at length, so there is always behind the scenes actions, and it is rare that a complaint is not commented upon at least.

COMMENTS WHERE?

Sometimes they may be seen as worthy and acted upon immediatly, others are not considered signifigent, - don't forget if something upsets you, its not necessarily our problem. If you are just as guilty of upsetting others whats the odds we are going to act on your complaint about the same issues?

SO PEOPLE CALLING ME NAMES AND SWEARING AT ME IS OKAY BY YOU BUT NOT VICE VERSA? SORRY BUT INJUSTICE IS INJUSTICE TO ME.

Also "Complaints" is not a method for you to be a mod by proxy.

BEING A MOD HERE IS NOT A GREAT HONOR IN MY OPINION.

Just because you make a complaint or suggestion does not mean that we are obligated to act upon it.

YES MANAGEMENT STEAL THE GOOD IDEAS AND REWARD THOSE LOYAL TO THEM RIGHT?

On the other hand it is unfair to us to think that we draw straws over complaints, we do discuss and debate the virtue of them and the possible outcomes.

WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO BE THE FLEA ON THE WALL DURING THAT...

Also if a theme does start to develop over a member, thread or issue, we do notice and respond. Afterall we are not just playing cards in the mod section but trying to build a harmonious and stable (haha) site.

FUNNY BUT I HAVE NOTICED INCONSISTENCY IN THIS REGARD NUMEROUS TIMES..

If you want a personal reply to a complaint, I don't know if you will get one, as there is no one overall to assess them. You could always utu a mod and ask them if they have any further information on your complaint, and could they lobby for you. You never know it can be the best way to get things done.

WHAT DOES BOB88 DO? THERE IS ALWAYS A JUDGE..
BUT WHAT IF I AM NOT A DARLING OF THE MANAGEMENT?

This more superior system, works against those mod haters out there, but hey you makes your choices (according to popeye)

THE PROBLEM IS UNFAIR AND INCAPABLE MODS NOT MODS PERIOD.

BTW this post is my peronal response to this thread and does not give it the standing of board policy.

LOL!

Originally posted by THENEO

top topics

join