Roman Empire Crucificxions Methods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG
I hope they used the rope one on jesus...look's like they could have alot of fun with that one.... UP! DOWN! UP! DOWN! etc...

Another example of your ignorance and refusal to respect others.
Consider yourself on thin ice here because of your inability to have any respect, among other things.

In answer to your question, Rome converted because the leadership converted. Let be written, let it be known. You know. As was said, politics.
I screwed a military career protecting good soldiers who happened to be black from a commander who was a racist. Every Sunday she the company commander sat next to the base commander at the chapel. The tie-in should be obvious.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 06:32 PM
link   
TC,

Uh huh...ok...

Anyway's...Just because a leadership converts to a specific religion, doesn't mean the whole populas does or has to... There are more people than there are governmental officials...If the populas didn't agree, they would have revolted...I would imagine....

And I'm no more ignorant than you are... And if you haven't noticed...I have calmed down abit, so shove off...

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I see that you've calmed down a bit, with your little shove off comment. Gosh, I hate the fact that creatures like you can hide behind electrons.

I can't see why it is hard to understand. I suppose it is because you think that everyone who claims to be a follower is one, and that everyone who attends church is a follower.
Hussein was elected President of Iraq by 100%, although I'll bet not everyone in Iraq wants him to be the leader.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG
so shove off...

Consider this a final warning.

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 02:12 AM
link   
JM if you have the power to come back from the dead as well as bring others back from the dead. Fear is not an issue as much as respect can be. Another potential issue is whatever reason the Romans had for being involved in the death of Jesus, was by that time proven wrong. This that Jesus never positioned himself as one who would want to destroy Rome, despite the fact that Rome was certain he intended to. First the intellectuals who raised the politicians, then the politicians, then the elders who presented thought to the masses and then finally the masses themselves converted.

The Romans were not stupid JM and fear would have not been a prime mover in relation to converting there society to such an extent.

<< 1   >>

join