It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Conservative Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I know what some of you may be thinking, "oh great, another Republican bashing thread in the Conservative forum."

Well, you're right. After the 2006 election, many of us conservatives saw that the general population fell for the spin and the lies, the picking and choosing of information to present in the main stream media (MSM) and the lack of initiative to look into matters for themselves. If you reacted as I have since, you've become very cynical, because as soon as that happened, the Republican party pretty much flip-flopped on all the issues, and I can only think of one reason for it.

They're sell outs.

They don't give a krump about the country, they don't have any values, they don't believe in anything except themselves, and how to keep themselves in power. Frankly, I'm disgusted with the Republican party (nationally; locally, many are still standing up for what they believe instead of what the MSM tells them to believe if they want to be elected again).

Make no mistake, I still don't think they're as bad as the Democratic party, but my delusions that anyone but the media is running the Western world have been straightened out.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm gonna agree that the republican party isn't conservative anymore, they are virually indistiguishable from the democrats (this is why i left the GOP in 2004). The only real difference is where they want to waste money. If the conservatives could take back over the GOP i may just join again. It's a long way from happening though, someday the immigration problem will be so bad maybe someone will stand up and say this isn't right, i don't care how many people call me a racist, someday maybe some one will say our educational system is screwed up and can't be fixed on a national level, let's give the control back to the local governments. Maybe just maybe someday someone will say we waste so much money on government welfare programs (one that sticks out in my mind is subsidies for farmers to not grow crops, my biggest pet peeve being from farm country) we need to stop it. I'm afraid that day is a long way off, if it's ever going to get here. Our biggest hope is that real conservatives find a good third party to throw their support too and if enough of us do it maybe it will be a viable party for national races, so many people are brainwashed into being republicans or democrats because that's what they've always been and don't really know where they stand on issues because they couldn't haul their butts up off the couch to spend 20 minutes to see where the various parties stand on the major issues.

I really just hope that someday soon people will wake up and see what a mess the current political system is and start holding their elected officials' feet to the fire.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
They don't give a krump about the country, they don't have any values, they don't believe in anything except themselves, and how to keep themselves in power. Frankly, I'm disgusted with the Republican party (nationally; locally, many are still standing up for what they believe instead of what the MSM tells them to believe if they want to be elected again).

Unfortunately you can swap the word Republican with the word Democrats. Both party's have sold there soul to corporate interests and in the case of the Republican party they have sold out to the religious right.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Siiigh, I know. I was talking to an uncle who's involved in local politics, and I heard someone ask him if he was going to try for the national stage. His response was he would only go as far as state, because going national meant you had to sell your values and your soul to the party.

And the party's focus? Furthering the party. :shk:

It's a wonder we survived World War 2...World War 3 is showing us that fascism and theocracies do have a function during war time, as long as you don't care a whip about the people living in them.

And sadly, anyone who does manage to stand on principle and fight for what they believe will be a prime target for the media, because humiliating heroes is good for ratings.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes... I am another disgruntled conservative thinker. I can't tell the difference between either party anymore. Both parties are enlarging the federal government at alarming rates, spending moneys copiously, and blowing smoke up the nations asses!

I'll be throwing my votes away from now on... Voting for libertarians!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So the question who and how will someone claim back the Republican party ?
To be honest I don't have any answers other then the first step seems to be defeating the extremists on both sides of the political spectrum.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have been looking for a viable candidate who defends the unborn. Are there any out there?

Illegal immigration is another problem I find that is not being addressed in any rational way.

National health care or lack of it is defeating my brain. My instincts say that our system today is wrong. The high medical costs today prevent an average person, without insurance, from taking care of themselves. BUT, I don't believe that national health care solves any of those issues. In my opinion national health care would just add to our current problems.

top topics

join