It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Balloonfos? Archway Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I havn't seen this one yet. sorry if it's old.

So what do you guys think?... looks like the "fleets" above Mexico. Unfortunately I don't think we can rule out birds or balloons. I'm sure seeing these things in person would be more impressive.

I'd be interested to see what the weather / wind was like at the location. Also if anyone else got footage so we could maybe range these things to get an approximate diameter, distance, and velocity.

(link at bottom)

ARCHWAY UFO VIDEO: YOU DECIDE
nlnews@archant.co.uk
09 February 2007

The mysterious lights

WE HAVE extraordinary video footage giving first-hand evidence of the Archway UFO phenomenon which brought the area to a standstill.

Here's YOUR chance to decide whether aliens were actually hovering over Archway - or whether there was a more innocent explanation.

Amateur camerman John Zimmerman, of Bredgar Road, Archway, filmed the spectacle from a vantage point in Holloway Road.

The "squadron" of around 15 orange lights spread panic among passers-by who witnessed it at around 5.30pm on January 31.

People screamed - some fearing it was a terrorist attack. Police received 999 calls within minutes.

The lights moved in a southerly direction then hovered above Archway before disappearing and appearing again. The eerie display lasted about 10 minutes.

Mr Zimmerman, 50, said: "I was watching from Holloway Road. I realised I had my camera and started filming. They moved steadily and slowly, all at the same speed."

Experts from the Royal Astronomical Society and Met Office weather centre were at a loss to explain the lights.

UFO sceptics insist it was no more than a group of "sky lanterns" or "UFO balloons" - one-off miniature hot air balloons.

But all the eyewitnesses who contacted us are adamant the lights were NOT lanterns - because of the way that they moved.

Designer James Zafar, from Palace Road, Crouch End, who witnessed the scene from Bredgar Road, said: "It is something I can't explain but I'm sure it wasn't lanterns."

Now YOU can judge for yourself... watch the film clip by clicking below.

Then email us at nlnews@archant.co.uk or ring the newsdesk on 020 8342 5777 to let us know what you think.

www.islingtongazette.co.uk...

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sensible fake. The distortion created mid-sequence in one of the clouds at the zenith by one of the "touch-ups" is evident there was physical tampering in the film. It left a blue-print.

If you want to determine the legitamacy of a UFO'd siting, look for distortions that would be hard to explain; i.e., within windshields of near-by vehicles, water sources, on-looker's pupils, et al.

If there were some type of impropered casting of lighting phenomenon, then you may have a real case.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stale Cracker

Hi Stale Cracker,

This video, and various related witness reports, are already being discussed in the thread at the link below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind Regards,

Isaac
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixed link

[edit on 16/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by Stale Cracker

Hi Stale Cracker,

This video, and various related witness reports, are already being discussed in the thread at the link below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Kind Regards,

Isaac

Groovy, thanks for the head's-up Isaac!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As Isaac posted out (thanks again), this topic is already being extensively discussed in the above linked thread.

Please direct further comments there.

closing this one.

new topics

top topics

join