It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Photo's of Mars Water Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I went on-line this morning and what did I see? Released color photos of water on Mars!! I took the AOL "vote". Question was: Do you beleive that water frows on Mars. Of course I voted no, JUST KIDDING! When I hit "yes" then "vote" I couldn't wait to see the overall voting. 91% said yes!! In the words of Dextor (Dextor's Laboratory) "It is a great day for Science!".
news.aol.com...
Full color image of blue water flowing on Mars!! I am so freakin' excited I could get nekid and lay in the snow. Well, mabey not do that, but that excited enough to think about it anyway, with the heater on!

Just wondered why, in one picture of the clearly visible North Pole ice, why NASA scientists are just now saying that the picture is interesting. But it dosen't matter now. What matters is that they are giving to the people now. And with the new color photos, and the reaction to the AOL question results, it is evidence that people are ready. If this is a test by NASA to gadge people's reaction, they are seeing just how ready people are. I am suprised and thankful to NASA for taking a big step here. VIVA LA SCIENCE!
tHE LINK PROVIDED IS ON AOL's main opening screen when I connected. Complete with sweet pictures.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Those photos do not show the presence of liquid water sitting on the
surface of Mars.

That said, recent evidence has shown that it is likely that water does
gush out and temporarily flow in some areas, but it does'nt sit and
pool on the surface.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Forcemaster, did you actually read the article accompanying the pics, or just look at the pictures? They are not pictures of flowing blue water, as you put it.

I think you better take another look.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have looked at the picture that is in color and it is blue. What else is it?
Let me know. I am a little new at this.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It is not actually blue, it is false colouring, it's meant to show depth
and change in the geography to help you understand what they are
talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And why does the title include "may prove water FLOWS on Mars" They even use the present tense. I didn't make the title, but that's what it looks like. It is a deep blue. I will find the site I was on a few day's before this came out on AOL, it showed a much closer view. I have to find it so you can see it.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster
And why does the title include "may prove water FLOWS on Mars" They even use the present tense. I didn't make the title, but that's what it looks like. It is a deep blue. I will find the site I was on a few day's before this came out on AOL, it showed a much closer view. I have to find it so you can see it.

Because they are showing that the geologic features show that water
sometimes shoots out and flows for a limited amount of time.

There is'nt actually water pooling on the surface, but there are things
that are like geysers.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Thank you for helping me out in realizing what the colors of the images are. I am here to learn. You might want to look at this site. Let me know what you think.
www.aadm.com...

top topics

join