It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: Lenticular cloud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_96232
The "UFO" seen over O'Hare photo is NOT A FAKE, it is simply a photo of a lenticular cloud, many of which have been mistaken for "alien craft". Just search on lenticular cloud in any search engine and you'll see lots of them, It's just a cloud, calm down...

Hmmm... This is a theory I hadn't heard of before. So what does everyone else here think?

valuca.funtigo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

www.ncas.org...

There are many, many more examples. Do a Google Image Search: "Lenticular Cloud"

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I'm not convinced. They said it was pretty small, and I'm sure they would know the difference between a cloud, and such an object. And can a lenticular cloud take the shape of a perfect flawless sphere?

Not to mention that part when they said that it moved straight up and left a hole in the clouds. Can a lenticular cloud do that?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I'm not convinced. They said it was pretty small, and I'm sure they would know the difference between a cloud, and such an object. And can a lenticular cloud take the shape of a perfect flawless sphere?

Not to mention that part when they said that it moved straight up and left a hole in the clouds. Can a lenticular cloud do that?

I just thought that these cloud formations were pretty interesting, and some do seem to have the classic "ufo" shape to them.

But I do agree also that I would not think they would move very fast in any direction.

But for other sightings, not this particular one (as you have pointed out), it could offer an explanation. Especially if seen at a distance.

2 and a half cents.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
HORSEHOCKEY

Who pays the weekly paycheck of the person offering the theory?

LOL.

Sorry. No way. We are being tested here Mech32.

THIS is VERY good information. To see MORE of what "excuses" are going to be proferred... again, I mean no ill will even toward the person making the suggestion that you posted... but cmon...

If it looks like a chicken, smells like a chicken, walks talks eats and poops like a chicken...

well... it's probably a chicken

is the "chicken" a lenticular cloud this time around?

Does it not seem more, to you, that this becomes more like an exercise in DENIAL more than anything else?

SP

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Some beautiful photo's on those links. I really doubt anyone experienced in weather like these commercial pilots and groundstaff were, would mistake a cloud for a solid object though. Then there's the obvious problems, lenticular clouds are huge and usually form over mountain tops in otherwise cloudless skies. And clouds don't usually punch holes in other clouds. Unless they're bad clouds...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Lenticular clouds form over mountainous regions........growing up in chicago i really dont recall seeing a mountain.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yea, neat phenomenon, M , but I'd have to agree with TS.

My opinion from last month
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it's 'lenticular' cloud and those usually are caused by windflow
over a large feature, such as a mountain.
I would guess that kind of flow would not occur over a multi vectored
wind area, such as an airport.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Nevermind then.

I guess your'e all right.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think its the trail clouds from ufos called chemicals from planes
as a cover perhaps CIA, who knows.

This cover of puffy skywriter is to cover high flying triangle ufo
generating puffy, lines of clouds, puffy comb clouds by electrical
sparky means:

Nice clear cloud pictures you got there.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The Mammatus Clouds look more like the smaller-size of the Chicago UFO picture. However, those type tend to be in waves or regions of many similar clouds. I've only seen them once in March near the ocean in Ocean City, Maryland - very pretty.

pic1.funtigo.com...

new topics

top topics

join