It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial UFO's Do Not Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Suicide,
THe reason it is undefined is because it cannot be defined. Our tiny minds cannot comprehend the enormity of God, or whatever you may call the Creative force in the universe. The proof to me is in science- that's right, I said science has proven God to me. I studied microbiology in college, and to think that the incredible order in our own bodies is some random occurrence is not thinking rationally. If you read about what occurs in every cell in our bodies at every moment, and the amount of work that is occuring at the cellular level, you would come to the same conclusion. Now, I don't know about the stories of some big guy sitting up there watching all of us, but the Creative force is real and alive, and YOU are your own proof!!! Religion is here to help guide us through some difficult ideas, but even THe Good Books are only glimpses of what It is. There is power that we cannot, we are not built to, comprehend.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMayor
Suicide,
THe reason it is undefined is because it cannot be defined. Our tiny minds cannot comprehend the enormity of God, or whatever you may call the Creative force in the universe.

Prove it.

The proof to me is in science- that's right, I said science has proven God to me. I studied microbiology in college, and to think that the incredible order in our own bodies is some random occurrence is not thinking rationally. If you read about what occurs in every cell in our bodies at every moment, and the amount of work that is occuring at the cellular level, you would come to the same conclusion.

That may be a proof for you, but it doesn't work for me.

Now, I don't know about the stories of some big guy sitting up there watching all of us, but the Creative force is real and alive, and YOU are your own proof!!!

I feel more of the 'Force' from watching a Star Wars movie than anything created by a 'God'. I am proof that I exist, not that I was created by a God. I know how I got here - my parents had sex.

Religion is here to help guide us through some difficult ideas, but even THe Good Books are only glimpses of what It is. There is power that we cannot, we are not built to, comprehend.

Religion is a baneful hinderance to those who don't believe in it. It is an insidious evil that permeates every tendril of a so-called free-thinking society. Religion does not offer choice, it demands conformity. That's a control tool that I can do without.

On more mundane matters, I can fully believe that another extraterrestrial race has mastered travel between solar systems. That's a power that I can comprehend.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMayorIf you read about what occurs in every cell in our bodies at every moment, and the amount of work that is occuring at the cellular level, you would come to the same conclusion.

I don't see how it's logically possible to believe in something you can't comprehend. It's like saying I truly believe with all my heart in "The Bolehnigisymst." Huh?

As for the workings inside a cell, just because I don't completely understand something is no reason for me to attribute its workings to some mystical supernatural entity or Grandpa in the Sky. I'm perfectly content to say, "I don't know," and leave it at that. No God required.

Unless you're somehow saying "GOD = IGNORANCE." In that case, I definitely think you're onto something.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
I'm perfectly content to say, "I don't know," and leave it at that. No God required.

Right on. There's no need to look for divine intervention to fill in the blanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Tezz and Suicide,
You two must be joking. You believe in extraterrestrials, but cannot believe in a greater force that SOME call God? THat makes no sensel. It sounds like a bunch of atheist baloney. How much proof do you need to believe in a Greater Power? I am not saying that religion is the answer, but you believing in one and not the other is blind. Think what you want, it doesn't even matter. Our belief systems are probably not even close to the truth. And I don't need to prove S--T to you, I am trying to have an adult discussion and if you don't care, then don't bother.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Tezz and Suicide,
You two must be joking. You believe in extraterrestrials, but cannot believe in a greater force that SOME call God? THat makes no sensel.

It makes perfect sense to me.

I view aliens as other biological entities that have managed to apply ingenious physics to travel to our planet. It's fairly mundane, really. Give or take a few thousand years and we might be able to do the same, when we eventually travel to other star systems. I'm sure that if we cut all military spending (as an entire planet) and shunted the funds into scientific research, then we would be closer to interstellar travel than we already are. All that we need is a realiable propulsion system and we could already be sending probes to the nearby stars.

God, however, is not mundane. Believing in God requires that you accept that his will can do anything, anywhere at any time. It also requires you to believe in a book written many thousands of years ago by the hand of men (with all its fatal flaws). It requires you to follow a path of control, suppression and judgement. It requires you to believe in a magic that you can't possibly comprehend, which is far-fetched. Magic is the stuff of Harry Potter, which most people call fiction. God's magical force supposedly created the Universe did it? Prove it.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Claiming that God is real (and omnipotent) is a far more extraordinary claim than claiming that aliens have visited Earth.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I believe that people have to have a belief to belong, it is common knowledge for there to be a one "Omni-potent" being,better refferred to as "God". I believe that there are no greater goods and there are no lesser evils.
The manifestation of the religious aspect in all walks of existance, from the times of the "Unknown" and all of a sudden there is one "God" instead of many , there is one "Ruler" aside from the one's who care, and one acceptance, "That this world should be peacable and caring."
That all got lost when natural selection got mixed up with "Absolute Control" and there you go.
"No God's"
No one else"
"Just our governments and war, and control, and repression, and denial , and betrayal , and ect. ect. ect."

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Tezz,
With all due respect, I think you have my view all wrong. The Christian God is not what I am talking about. I am not talking about magic and I understand where you may think that is to what I am referring. I'm not. There are loads of interpretations of God besides the Western idea, and I am not sure about any of them. I am speaking about my own experience, which is limited to my plane of existence. I have not died and travelled to the "other side" so I cannot speak about it. I have never met face to face with a Divine Creator, and have never asked It questions, so I do not know God, per se. All I am saying is that there is order to the universe that compels me to believe in a higher power. I have studied science and religion, and there are some interesting ideas, but I do not need those books to tell me there is more to all of this. I am not trying to inflame anyone's sensibilities, only trying to share my experience.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hey Allred,
How did you get that nifty poster by your name? Is it in the "upload" section of the member center? I tried to upload some drawings but the files were too big. Maybe I am missing something?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Hey Allred,
How did you get that nifty poster by your name? Is it in the "upload" section of the member center? I tried to upload some drawings but the files were too big. Maybe I am missing something?

You can post in the member center, member upload and then account settings - the dimensions of your image must be no bigger than 160px wide and 320px in height.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Tezz and Suicide,
You two must be joking. You believe in extraterrestrials, but cannot believe in a greater force that SOME call God? THat makes no sensel.

I don't know if there are aliens any more than I know if there is a "God." However, since I'm aware that at life exists on at least one planet, Earth, and I understand that there may be many more similar planets out there in the Universe, I accept the possibility that there may be life on one of them. But I have absolutely no specific proof of alien existence, so no, I don't "believe" in aliens.

As for the existence of an entity matching the vague description of what people call "God," I find that I have even less evidence than that to suggest the possibility of such a thing.

It sounds like a bunch of atheist baloney. How much proof do you need to believe in a Greater Power?

How about... any? I'm not asking for something ridiculous. Just give me the same kind of simple proof that would allow me to accept something ordinary, like, oh, the Tower of London. I've never personally seen the Tower of London, but I accept its existence. Provide me with that level of proof of God, and I'll gladly go along with it. How could I make it easier?

I am not saying that religion is the answer, but you believing in one and not the other is blind. Think what you want, it doesn't even matter. Our belief systems are probably not even close to the truth. And I don't need to prove S--T to you, I am trying to have an adult discussion and if you don't care, then don't bother.

Yes, Mr. Pot, Mr. Kettle is certainly quite black.

But should we continue this discussion, I suggest we move it out of the Alien/UFO area and into the Religion section.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Suicide,
You have never seen the Tower of London, but believe it is real because, what, somebody told you this and you accept it as truth. But this incredibly vast universe is only a random occurence because you have never shaken the hand of God? How odd...
I will look for you in the religion sections...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join