It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the sports section here so Lame?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius
The SS list really should just have those two guys on it...they're in their own league.

Maybe but I voted for Luis Aparicio because (1) White Sox and (2) I just like saying "Looey Aparicio".

Kinda like Rocky Colavito.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I just like saying "Looey Aparicio".

I cannot fault this logic.

Same reason Zydrunas Ilgauskus is a perennial NBA all-star in my book.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
From the Cleveland Cav's is not LeBraun, its not the Big Z

Its the 2nd round pick at guard from Texas baby

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
His name is Daniel Gibson.

And you're high.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Speaking of Lebron, he's running out of steam. I've heard people speculate that he could be the next Griffey Jr.; huge potential that fades quickly. Difference being Griffey had the injuries, while Lebron is playing on a sub-par team with no "supporting cast." They could've made a big trade before the All-Star break (as could a lot of teams) but it was not to be. My guess would be he'll move to a bigger city and leave the Cleveland fans heartbroken.

I say the Celtics would be the best fit for him, if only because the Celts have been cursed this year (Red died, DJ died, they seem to lose a lot). Thankfully Green looks promising, he's got a lot more real game skills than previous high flyers like Harold Miner and JR Rider. Also Jefferson is really improving and Scalabrine is having an MVP year. Does anyone know what happened to the Sportz Talk forum?

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Kwyjibo]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
By the way I am back after a year away from this site. If anyone was around in 2005 yes I am a Cleveland Fanatic with sports. And When somebody comes at my Cavs they get the

But in all seriousness Lebron is going no where anytime soon. HE IS CLEVELAND BORN AND RAISED. The Celtics suck and would be a terrible fit for him. I hate everything and anything to do with Boston sports. He does have a good supporting cast except at point guard. Once the Cavs lock that down It is NBA finals baby.

By the way Kwyjibo I will bet you 39points against the Mavs that Lebron is not out of steam. But i do think he does need a break. Lebron has had no off season playing with that crappy USA team in the summer. It would burn anyone out.

GO Tribe

[edit on 3-3-2007 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
timcouchfanclub...

That is probably the best member name I've come across on ATS.

I like that. Personally, I would of went with another Cleveland boy, but hey.. stick to your guns!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hey Tim,

No disrespect to the Cavs was intended, they do have the second best record in the Eastern Conference right now for whatever thats worse. I was just surprised they didn't trade for Bibby or make any moves for a run in the playoffs. They don't have nearly enough experience to make it far and haven't made any good moves in a couple years. They're set to have a good year but the way I've seen Lebron play he seems disinterested, which isn't a good sign of things to come.

Any particular reason for the Celtics (and Boston sports hate)? I assume obnoxious fans might have something to do with it, so I'll try to stay away from that. Why wouldn't Lebron be a good fit though? The underlying point I was trying to make is that Lebron is too smart and too good to stay with a team thats going nowhere. I know it would break your heart for another abandonment, so lets hope it doesn't happen.

Sure the Celtics aren't doing well now, but they've been developing talent and most likely will get a good pick this year in a stacked draft. They, as a franchise, haven't made the greatest decisions either in the last couple years, I have no problem admitting that.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
Does anyone know what happened to the Sportz Talk forum?

It's belly up. Most of the posts from that site made it over here thanks to Skeptic Overlord's decision to move them.

TimCouchFanClub- glad to see you made it back. Things have been a little slow on the sports forums here lately.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Kwyjibo you got me I do hate boston because of the fans...And it goes back pretty far. It has a lot to do with their whiny attitides before the redsox won the world series. "Oh we haven't had a baseball championship we are cursed."

You know what they had the celtics and patriots and bruins.

Cleveland on the other hand hasn't seen a world championship in any MAJOR(indoor soccer doesn't count) sport in 43 years. the 1964 Browns. But that wasn't even a super bowl. So lets look at the facts.

Cavs- never been to NBA finals
Browns- Never been to superbowl
Indians- last won the world series 59 years ago

So as you see Boston annoys me and they have no idea what been heartbroken or cursed even means.

Now back to Lebron...he isn't going anywhere soon. He has to many ties to Cleveland. And I will bet any amount of money he could care less abot how big the contract is for him.( the players union might) His endorsement deals are insane. And the Cavs would do everything in their power to ensure that if he did go somewhere else it would not be an Eastern Conference team.

Now lets say he did go somewhere I see Lebron being the best fit for sacramento. I have always felt that he and Ron Artest would make a great duo on the court. I know Artest is a big %$&#*( but he is a rough and tough player which would compliment Lebron'w graceful style. And they have Mike Bibby. a decent point guard. I was excited that Cleveland was mentioned as one of the teams Artest wanted to go to when trying to leave Indiana. But he sure does come with baggage.

Chissler- hey thanks buddy There is a big following in my fan club..well only one right now but I am trying to force Couch out of retirement.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Timcouchfanclub!?
Lmao!
Only think scarier than that would be a RyanLeaffanclub.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
hey what happened to breaking down the sports section by specific sports. Not just US and world sports?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Timcouchfanclub!?
Lmao!
Only think scarier than that would be a RyanLeaffanclub.

Why not Bosworthfanclub? LMAO!

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

hey what happened to breaking down the sports section by specific sports. Not just US and world sports?

That seems unlikely to happen on here, since the main thrust of this site is non-sports related. Although it would be cool if they could make sub-forums. Maybe if there was enough creaming from membership, but it's just a minimum of us who actually make posts in the sports section as it is...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
...Scalabrine is having an MVP year.

...must...

...taunt...

...fingers...

...frozen...

...in dis...belief...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Kwyjibo...remeber what i said abot Lebron and Artest a few posts ago. I take that back. Artest is a freaking tool.

who is going to go with the ronartestfanclub name?......I am not that bold:shk:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Kwyjibo you got me I do hate boston because of the fans...And it goes back pretty far. It has a lot to do with their whiny attitides before the redsox won the world series. "Oh we haven't had a baseball championship we are cursed."

I understand where you're coming from but still think that this is unfair. What Boston fans do you have to personally deal with in Cleveland? At the very least don't blame us for how the media runs things. I'm don't mean to say something naive like Boston teams are more relevant, but for whatever reason we (the "royal" we) seem to be more "hardcore," if only in the sense that there is nothing better to talk about since the weather (and other things) are miserable.

I'm not entirely blaming the media, although the "curse" mentality was vastly overplayed. It's not our fault Jimmy Fallon made a horrible movie or that the Babe Ruth thing was brought up all the time. The Sox had some heartbreaking losses and seemed to be so close, also our biggest rival was dominating; it's enough to drive a fan pretty crazy. Not that you have to empathize, but how are the regional markets different?

I have nothing against any of the Cleveland teams, but the ownership isn't willing to pay the money to get the right players to become a challenge (specifically the Cavs). The fans have to step it up to a certain extent. I realize I come from a different world so forgive me, but the Cavs can't win with Lebron alone, just look at the 80's era Chicago team (sidenote; I know the Jordan buzzer beater back then was one of those heartbreakers, Boston fans don't monopolize suffering). The Cavs look like their just good enough to disqualify themselves from picking up good draft picks and they don't seem to make any worthwhile moves otherwise.

The Indians looked like they were going somewhere but it was not be. Thanks for Manny though. If the fans want a winner it takes a lot of pressure from the fans on the ownership to actually use some of that money thats coming in, especially when you're selling out constantly.

Ok I've rambled enough and didn't make any coherent points. To stay on topic, the reason why the sports section is so "lame" is because there is no "passion." Cliched I know, but as much as Boston fans annoy you they seem to personalize sports a lot more than others.

For the record I'm not a huge Bruins or Pats fan, but you can't blame the Pats for fielding a great team. Also we like to make fun of Scalabrine so my comments were not serious; hopefully that was somewhat obvious.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Sports dont really seem to be whats "it" at a website like this, plus not to mention how many chicks there might be on here, not saying chicks dont like sports but I just dont see it very likely. As for sports, I hate them as in anything with a ball. I love MMA, kickboxing, and martial arts tournaments though.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join