It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Artifact Found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I dont think thats eroded. Its a bit hard to tell but I personaly think its a fake.

fm

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
I dont think thats eroded. Its a bit hard to tell but I personaly think its a fake.fm

If you had bothered to truly read the posted comment's, you would have seen that it is a real glyph, it is just being tug of warred of if it could be an actual rendition of what it appears to be.

Here is a short story of a skeptics point of view, and you can clearly see it is a pert of the structure. "Just not sure what it is truly ment to depict."

www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well, I should have guessed the wanna-believers out there would challenge the scientific explanation. When I said eroded, I guess I should have said "erased," as most of the deterioration was due to ancient stone-carvers obliterating one message and trying to insert another. Plus, it's most likely that the photo you've seen was photo-retouched to make the "helicopter" seem like a separate symbol.

Here, check this out:
The Abydos "Helicopter" Explained

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
I would be interesting to see if what even was found is similiar to the Dropa stones found in China.

I would hope that it would be a little more detailed than the Dropa stones story, which only has a few completely unverifiable reports and a couple of blurry photos to support it.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Dropa stones - the supposed researcher that 'found' them doesn't even exist

Handprint - there are lots of animals with 5 unwebbed digits, like many amphibians. The print corresponds to a time when there were giant amphibians that could've made the print

abydos helicopter - its a palimpsest, they made one document, then covered it up, and put up a new document, the plastering has fallen apart over the years, but the two sets of original gylphs are not only recognizable, but they seperately can be sensibly translated. Further, the image that is usually shown to people IS slightly photoshopped.

Secret Pyramid doors - nothing suggests that they were put there by aliens. they are consistent with the technology of the times.

Anyway, lets see if the OP has anything else to say about the alleged discovery.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Dropa stones - the supposed researcher that 'found' them doesn't even exist

Yeah i googled a bit & i don't see many entries for this guy but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist ... at least to me

Anyway i found some old news/article via google take a look:

"THIS NEWS WAS BLACKED OUT IN THE UNITED STATES

|Date: Wednesday, 01-Sep-99 21:09:39 (EDT)

|From: Joseph Carbonara
|Subj: _French Govt admits UFOs are real?_

Did anyone listen to this interview on Art Bell the other night?
This really is a major newstory!

There was Interview with French General Bernard Toaneal (spelling is off) by Whitley Strieber (guest host for Art Bell) who said that UFOs are real and probably piloted by beings from another world. The French Government has recently released a 90 page report on UFOs where high ranking officials in the French Government are basically saying that the military has actively engaged with UFOs in the past and has been intimidated by them in some instances.

The report calls for a worldwide investigation into the subject and questions US secrecy. The report was not mentioned at all by the U.S. media and was only found on Michael Lindemanns website "CNI", a UFO news site. France has a joint military - civilian agency set up for UFO inquiries. The only other country on earth that has this is Chile. There has been a huge increase of UFO sightings there over the past 5 years.

Joe C."

source:www.greatdreams.com...

I don't know if y'all were aware of that

[edit on 17-2-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Well, I should have guessed the wanna-believers out there would challenge the scientific explanation. When I said eroded, I guess I should have said "erased," as most of the deterioration was due to ancient stone-carvers obliterating one message and trying to insert another. Plus, it's most likely that the photo you've seen was photo-retouched to make the "helicopter" seem like a separate symbol.

Here, check this out:
The Abydos "Helicopter" Explained

— Doc Velocity

I am by no means a, "wanna-believer" and I think that your tone is condescending. No one was challenging the scientific explanation, just pointing out other viewpoints. And maybe if you had explained properly, as you did in the above post, than there wouldn't have been any question at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Secret Pyramid doors - nothing suggests that they were put there by aliens. they are consistent with the technology of the times.

Cat doors. Drop a cat down in them after you've built up a few layers of blocks. They'll go down and clean out any remaining mice and bugs and other critters that could crew up the mummy. Hoist them back out after a couple of days. Repeat as necessary. A nice, low-tech solution to a vexing problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
I am by no means a, "wanna-believer" and I think that your tone is condescending.

And my tone offended your sensibilities, is that it? Well, don't try to make me responsible for your emotional stability. If you're offended, deal with it in your own way. It's not my problem.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Im not asking if its real. I believe it is real and is currently in the hands of the French Government. This has been no small discovery and thought somebody else may have heard of it.
The French have been studying many aspects of how to connect with ET life in our own Reality. This has led them to South America to work with Shamans whom have been documented in direct contact with beings.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Here Now]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
PS on topic I've never met a Frog I could trust farther than I could throw him

And how is that comment on topic.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
That image of the hieroglyphs (the "helicopter/UFO" glyphs) is not Photoshopped, but it's not what you think, either. Those who can read such glyphs have said that what you're seeing are partially-eroded symbols. The Apache helicopter symbol, for instance, was originally a sort of rectangular box, a cartouche of some sort, but the edges have deteriorated, and we have simply misidentified the parts that remain.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/17/2007 by Doc Velocity]

Eroded symbols?you gotta be kidding me

No, it's a palimpsest. Egyptians were big on chipping off name glyphs and carving their own over it. IIRC that particular panel has some chipped off areas and two or three recarved cartouches.

Edit: whoops, Nygdan beat me to it. Guess I should have read the second page.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have read a lot about alien artifacts. But I have never heard anything about ancient stone tablets being found by French, or other expeditions. Any type of link would be great. I haven't been able to google anything of significance.

Those glyps of helicopters, etc. have been debunked somewhere; but I can't remember where. Need to look around a little more.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The only thing I can tell you...

I was told about this last year early spring. The tablet was discovered 6 months prior, so this is a relatively recent discovery. Im getting ready to contact some friends about whats been going on with the activity around the findings. Ill hopefully get a post up about in the near future.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
I would be interesting to see if what even was found is similiar to the Dropa stones found in China.

wow this Dropa/odd stone disks thing is a crazy story!!
I've read it entirely, thanks for the link

I don't know what to think but i like this story a lot

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I wanted to post an update on this topic. I have been in touch with the group and I am awaiting more information before a full posting.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just wanted to chime in that I've been to Situ in Egypt and have seen the glyphs and they're certainly not fake. This doesn't mean I have any insight to their significance, but Zachariah Sitchen explores their possibilities along with many, many other ancient artifacts (mostly Sumerian and Egyptian) of artwork and language depicting images or stories describing what seem to be eerily modern and technological in nature.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by Here Now

to work with Shamans whom have been documented in direct contact with beings.

WOW !!!!
Really ??

Any proof of this statement ?

Not some website, or someone's word.

Proof.

Any ?

Waiting as usual,
Lex

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Interesting.

I think it is much more likely that this 'evidence' is either faked or an authentic Egyptian artifact. It is much less likely, however possible, that the artifact is of extraterrestrial origin.

It is unfortunate that there are no supporting facts or credible evidence to support the claims made about this artifact. Just an analysis of the artifact's composition would provide insight into its origin. A little carbon dating could be useful as well. Hell, a simple response to these claims from a credible Egyptologist would be nice, too!

Any speculation we come up with based on the current evidence is just that - speculation. We do not have enough facts to make any real determinations. Let's see if any further information turns up on this...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

PS on topic I've never met a Frog I could trust farther than I could throw him

Unless you're talking about amphibians, that's a pretty offensive statement....sez Johnny Canuck

[edit on 17-4-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join