It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Two Candidates Would You Like To See Debate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's still early, but it is time to debate the issues. Who would you like to see clarify their position on key issues?

I would like to see Barack Obama debate Mitt Romney.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich vs Hillary

Newt has got to be one of the smartest politicians out there. I think he would destroy her!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Condi vs. Hillary!

CAT FIGHT!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Newt has got to be one of the smartest politicians out there. I think he would destroy her!

That would be like Hitler debating Mussolini, a fascist debate. Sorry RRConservative, but i don't like you at all, you're supporting a fascist, someone who's against everything the US stands for. IMO, Gingrich should kill himself.

IMO I would like Ron Paul VS anybody, because they are all corrupts.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
But first I'd like to see Bill Richardson versus Mitt Romney.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Newt Gingrich vs Hillary

Newt would eat her lunch. He is definitely one brilliant mind. He wouldn't let her wiggle her way off the hook.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Bill Richardson versus Hillary Clinton. I like Richardson. And if he could reveal Hillary's weaknesses I think that would be a good thing.

I'd also like to see Bill Richardson versus Rudy Giuliani. Same reason.

I'd like to see Richardson get some exposure.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted by Benevolent Heretic

Bill Richardson versus Hillary Clinton. I like Richardson. And if he could reveal Hillary's weaknesses I think that would be a good thing. I'd also like to see Bill Richardson versus Rudy Giuliani. Same reason. I'd like to see Richardson get some exposure. [Edited by Don W]

I admit I am a Hillary fan. I hope, on November 4, 2008, to cast my vote for her, even though I live in Florida and cannot be sure it will be counted. Say thank you, Republicans. I still have an old voter registration card from Kentucky, and I may try to vote in both places?

The Dems correctly predicted 2000 would be won or lost in Florida. And, it was “lost” just by 537 votes, thanks to the US Supreme Court’s 5 to 4 vote. Again, the Dems predicted the 2004 election would come down to Ohio. The Dems lost Ohio by 60,000 + 1 votes. It turns out Ohio has voted “right” more times since 1864, than any other state. As Ohio goes, so goes the nation!

But demographics are changing rapidly in the South, especially the Southeast. The Katrina debacle should kill GOP hopes in Louisiana and Mississippi. Although Florida was not even close in 2004, Democratic Senator Bill Nelson was re-elected. Dems can carry Florida. Former Senator John Edwards of North Carolina has more popularity than I thought he would have. Former Governor Mark Warner of Virginia is very popular. The very narrow defeat of Virginia’s top dog GOP Senator George Allen shows everyone is vulnerable. And one miscue can do you in.

Governor Bill Richardson of New Mexico looks good, talks good, and has the background to be a very wise choice for the #2 spot on Hillary’s team. I am not saying he is less well qualified than she, but I am saying, hey, New York has XX electoral votes and New Mexico has only x. Even though the 2008 election looks to be a re-run of 1968 - get us out of the war in Iraq - it isn’t and Dems must keep that in mind. Immigration in the Southwest, especially, and health care around the country are on the table more so than in 1968.

I assume Hillary cannot be “stopped” by any other Democratic candidate, and that this is her year. She’ll be too old to wait until 2012. She has the backing - say money - and she has both great popularity and great disdain depending on the voter you talk to. This is not to mention she has both talent and experience that very few can equal. Bottom line, is her base bigger than the GOP base will be in 2008?

The Dems are talking about signing a “say nothing bad” rule for this election. That would block Gov. Richardson (and others) from “revealing” Hillary’s “weaknesses.”

[edit on 2/20/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

But demographics are changing rapidly in the South, especially the Southeast. The Katrina debacle should kill GOP hopes in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Louisiana stays Republican because of Katrina. New Orleans was a liberal bastion, that is why so many people were hurt by Katrina. Governor Blanco is up for re-election in 2008, although there is a great chance she won't run, more people blame her than they do Bush or Republicans.

The population loss in New Orleans makes Louisiana solid Republican.

new topics

top topics

join