It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep us sane! - Make an official debunked ufo hoax section

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This has I'm sure been noted previously but anyway here goes...

Like most I am fed up seeing ' New Ufo Pics' and 'Mysterious Lights Over My House' and the like appear in this thread only to be let down yet again by some CGI type tv commercial from Japan or somewhere which has been regurgitated here just to generate a bit of curiousity among those of us who are desperate to believe there is life out there or up there even.
The recent O'Hare Ufo thread was a fine example.
My point is perhaps a confirmed hoax section would eliminate the increasingly frustating amount of annoyingly frequent timewasting fake UFO vids & pics which keep re-appearing, perhaps a name and shame rubbish bin which would at least could be cross referenced every time a new claim is made would be really helpful in sorting the real from the ridiculous as quickly as possible, I also feel it may help curb the potential for these types of posts to appear in ATS in the first place.
Just an idea.
End of rant.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by pmexplorer]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bump. I second that notion, and perhaps something similar should be done with some of the other forums. Maybe a sticky thread at the top of the list or something.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am with that all the way!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How about just a general hoax section where we can disscuss ALL hoaxes past and present. Stuff like the Cardriff Giant(sic?), George Admanski, the Loch Ness photos, etc...

Also, for fun we could also post our own admitted hoax pictures to see if they're good enough to fool the untrained eye.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't think we (staff) should be telling the membership/guests what to believe and what to dismiss. That should be left to the individual.

[edit on 5/24/2007 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

join