It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Y2K? No. 666? no. 2012? ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No.

Forgive me for making another thread contributing to the all of the other "2012" posts, you can't go a scroll without seeing two or three, but I just personally think its crap.

I'm not trying to offend the Mayan Elders, since this is where it supposedly originates from if I'm correct, but from past expierences I just can't see it happening. I've read other posts, and I agree, I can't wait until January 1st 2013.

So I can remember Y2K..ahem..if you still want to call it that, you know I wasnt on forums but I dont doubt there were tons of "Y2K IS HERE!1 GET REDY!" Threads on numerous and dozens of forums across the world. In the "end", turns out it was overhyped and we all kept on existing.

Oh, 666, lol, that has to be the most ridiculous one. I admit maybe a day or week before I was little anxious, but June 6th, 2006...I woke up in bed. I went to school. I came home. I ate. I watched TV. I went on the computer. I slept. I woke up. So far two instances didnt occur. I was expecting to wake up to brimstone and hellfire outside my window but Instead I laughed at all of the threads on the forums about it.

Now I might a day before get anxious, as anyone might be, but I dont expect anything to happen.

Nothing will happen. According to God, we won't predict the end of the world. Of course this or any other post wont matter after December 2012, because we'll prolly be seeing something similar to ...

"2020 - Twenty Twenty, The real Armageddon"

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This sort of thing happens all the time. One thousand years ago, people predicted the Apocalypse was coming based on something or other from the Christian Bible. When that failed, they assumed it would be in year 2000. Since that hasn't worked out, it must be in year 3000, unless the human race ceases or the Gregorian Calendar stops being used.

The Mayan Calendar isn't specifically meant to denote the end of the world. That calendar simply means that one cycle ends and another beings. What those cycles mean is open for debate, but I doubt there's any supernatural significance to them. Like you, I can't wait for it to happen, but it's nothing I fear, and I'm still planning for a future well beyond that date.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree I think it's all a big build up to nothing, but it still makes me hella nervous lol. I mean I'm not necessarly bothered about an apocalypse as such (if it's coming, it's coming eh?) but there so much I need to do, and 2012 isn't quite long enough... do you think it could be postponed a couple of years?

I'm really intrested in this whole DNA idea, but until people start showing real signs of evolution I'm not going to believe

new topics

join