It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Makes People Ripe for Abduction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There are thousands of UFO's spotted fairly close-up every year on this planet, but not every close encounter leads to an abduction.

Has there ever been a comprehensive study conducted to find out which lifestyle/physical/mental traits make a person more susceptible to being abducted by Aliens? With so many stories, there must have been some research and findings published by now? -CWM in Chicago

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
First, you have to squeeze their head to make sure their not too soft, or overripe. then you knock on their head to make sure it sounds okay. Then you bag them up, and throw them in your cart.

the same way you pick a nice melon.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i dont think abductions really have any purpose anymore after they probably know everything about us anyways

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OK..the reason I asked is because I want to make myself as unappealing as possible. Likewise, there may be others in the forum who would love to be taken for a ride, or whatever. If we knew the most common traits of abductees, this knowlege could help both the wanna-be's and the dont-wanna-be's.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
According to the data, it seems that in some cases it follows bloodlines, others seem to be a random sampling. I guess it depends on how many different alien groups are involved in abductiong humans, as I'm sure techniques vary. Some say bloodlines are the key, others say scientific/spiritual aptitude, and others say it's a random sample.

My thoughts are that this is a difficult question to quantify since we don't know what the "modus apperendi" is, or how many "modi" there may be. So as valid a question as it is, I don't think we can (currently) form a valid hypothesis to test...

sorry for the dry geeky-ness.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My opinion :

Largest trait for abduction...attention.
Second largest trait...attention.
Third largest trait...zero self-esteem.

The above is my opinion.

Hoping,
Lex

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Personally, I think that most of the Aliens are galactic tourists from many, many worlds. Tourist group from system "x" is here for a few days and then they move along to the next destination. Even though they're not supposed to "interact with the natives", some just can't help themselves. I wonder how many people disappear from just the USA to never be seen again? We hear this from time to time, but it doesn't seem to be common.

So alas, there may be nothing about any one person that makes them ripe for being abducted. It's probably just a matter of what type personality the tourist alien possesses I suppose. (sigh)

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Apparantly there has been a study of this, not to say that this study is accurate though

I don't recall the whole list, and don't have online source to link to, but it included:

Type A personality
Loss of a close family member at a young age
People who feel different
People who have psychic awareness
People who live in cold climates
Played with a Ouija Board
Alcohol and drug abuse
Addictive personality types
Having other family members who wee abducted

I can't remember the rest, I read it in several books on the subject. I'm sure this can be googled and found somewhere.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by violet]

new topics

top topics

join