It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salmonella in peanut butter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Full story Heres a story on salmonella found in peter pan peanut butter.Its weird how all this food is becoming contaminated.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I had one of the 2111 Peter Pan P-nut butter jars. Finished it off last night. Im starting to get a bit sick, but I doin think its salmonella poisening.

Anyway, went to the store to day, and noticed they pulled every jar off the shelf. Had to buy Jif.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My mom-in law just tossed a jar,it was almost empty.She says she feels fine.I guess some of the jars were dirty.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
We had one of those jars too and it was half gone before the story came out. Nobody here got sick from it but we took it back anyway. It turned out to be good luck, we found in its place peanutbutter we like MUCH MUCH better!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that the PB just claimed its 1st victim.I'll have details shortly.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
According to a microbiologist friend here in Oklahoma City, The only way salmonella could have gotten into the peanut butter is through bird droppings or from human feces contamination at the manufacturing plant. My lab has received a couple of samples of it for testing in which people claim they did get ill. I'll report after we have the results. Meanwhile, my sympathy to those who ate the product. To those who choose to ignore the warning......Bon Appétit.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Is the Peanut Butter companies new slogan "Salmonella Never Tasted So Good"

Cadbury are the largest chocolate or candy bar producer in UK. Last summer there was a story of a leaking sewerage pipe dropping its contents into the chocolate. We can only guess how much chocolate was made before the leak was discovered. Their chocolate is rank anyway but that has put me of Cadbury forever.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I was advised this morning that our samples tested negative for salmonella.

I used to work in a beverage manufacturing plant, so I can well imagine things that can happen or go wrong in the manufacturing process. Microbiological contamination is more common than most people think, but not always harmful. Other things, perhaps even worse, can happen and go undetected no matter how vigilant the staff. I'm glad I moved on, it was a very stressful 12 years.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I ate some of this when this was going on. The funny thing is that I got salmonella four times in my life. I was so afraid to get it again. It sucks bad when you get it although after it is almost over, you feel very cleaned out for some reason. But the one thing I was thinking when i saw this on the news is why are so many foods being infected by this, e. coli or something else? I wouldn't want to say something like terrorists because its sounds kind of rediculous. But were they just not reporting things like this before or keeping track of it? Makes me think something is going on. Espesally being that that dude John Popper (I think that was his name) from Blues Traveler had an arsenal preparing for the Apocalypse. haha, what a dummy.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anytime you are mass producing food these things are going to happen. Luckily we have pretty good safety standards in this country but things are going to slip through from time to time. I feel bad for those who got sick, samonella has to suck big time.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thanks to all for your replies.Thanks to the Avenger for your report,I just hope everything turns up okay.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My wife was sick last week and we couldn't figure out what she ate. We had eaten the same foods except she had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for a snack. Turns out we find out a week later that we had one of the unlucky jars of peter pan. She's fine, just had one miserable day. Fortunatly no one else ate from it.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My lab has received two more jars of peanut butter for testing. I will report on them as soon as the results are available.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thanks Avenger,you've been very helpful.Iraqvet68 I hope your wife is fine and makes a speedy recovery,god knows if anything happened to my wife I'd be lost.Best wishes to you and your wife.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The results from the two latest samples are negative for salmonella. We must have been lucky here in Oklahoma City not to get the contaminated product so far. I understand there is a confirmed positive sample in Tulsa.

Thanks for the post. I will add anything else I learn if the tainted peanut butter situation continues.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Update on the tainted peanut butter :

Forbes

Again, thanks for starting the thread. I have not received any more samples for testing and am unaware of any further illness from the peanut butter.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thanks Avenger for that update,and for the good news.You were very helpful with this topic and you get a wats vote from me.Thanks again!

You have voted TheAvenger for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I could use a bit of help here. I'm brand new to ATS and am not sure if this is appropriate, but I'm currently in Rome with my family (several small children) and we eat Peanut Butter just about every day. I read the news of the contamination in the US, but there is no information about whether or not it has reached outside of the US. Any info on that and is it only Kellog?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I eat 4 Resses and my stomach all day and i am runing to the bathroom all day i have to see 1 more day and if i get better if not i will have to go to the doctor

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I eat 4 Resses and my stomach all day and i am runing to the bathroom all day i have to see 1 more day and if i get better if not i will have to go to the doctor

top topics

join