It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people afraid of death???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i want to know why people, this might apply to you, are afraid of death.

think about it... when you die you are going some where were you can live forever with your family and friends.

^^^^HEAVEN^^^^

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Maybe not everyone believes in heaven, and maybe those who do aren't 100% sure?

Perhaps its the fear of the ultimate unkown.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this subject, for future reference I recommend searching for your intended thread topic beforehand.

Death: So What?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
everyone is scared of death cause they will feel pain when they die or its something you can't think about. What happenes if you go to hell for eternal doesnt that scare us all. And what happens when god questions you about your sins and the day of ressurection

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Death is different to everyone.

If you've done something bad, you'd be afraid of death because you'd know you were going to hell.

If you don't believe in religion at all, you're probably afraid of death because everything will be over for you. You will terminate. You're gone! Nothing for you afterwards! You may not want to expire so fast when you think about it.

You'd be afraid too if an 18 wheeler was coming straight toward you.

If everyone welcomed death with open arms, there'd be no stop signs or traffic lights, or bullet-proof vests or shatter-proof glass to keep you from being injured or dying. There'd be no funerals or mourning or crying or grieving because everyone would be like "Oh, how's Billy? Well, he got stabbed the other day and now he's with all his family and friends in heaven. Haha!"

But some people who are just tired of living whether it be now or 70 years from now, just want to .. disappear.

And so people aren't always afraid.

Yeah, I know, warped perspective.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm not scared, I actually think it's going to be exciting.

Yo Paresthesia, is that you in your avatar.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
People are afraid of death because it may not be their time to go. That is to say, unless the person makes a conscious decision to end their own life, then any fear they have is probably due to the fact that they have not yet experienced everything they were ment to while living.

Now an act of God / Nature is something all together different. One must hail to the ancient Law of Cause and Effect. The alpha which leads to the omega which is a mystery to most. One thing is for certain God's do loose interest when the narrative becomes to flimsy or certain themes continually repeat themselves. Ding! Ding! Ding!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Everybody has to go sometime and if my time is now then so be it!!! I myself am not afraid of dying.In fact maybe things would be a little better if i were gone!! life just sucks sometimes!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
not everyone fears death
well, not everyone in history

in norse mythology death was actually a gift from the gods
a release that others could not experience

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Then lord please release me!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Death is rebirth in Christ Jesus!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by loverofmoses
Everybody has to go sometime and if my time is now then so be it!!! I myself am not afraid of dying.In fact maybe things would be a little better if i were gone!! life just sucks sometimes!!!!

Woah woah there, don't be in too much of a hurry, and certainly don't be in more of a hurry than God.

Yes, life is hard sometimes, don't worry too much about it.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Death is rebirth in Christ? I am already alive in Christ. He who forms ther light and the dark. A storm is on the horizon.. And you call yourselves servants of the light? Father preserve me...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Qlippoth]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qlippoth

Death is rebirth in Christ? I am already alive in Christ. He who forms ther light and the dark. A storm is on the horizon.. And you call yourselves servants of the light? Father preserve me...

Rrright, can you be a little less ambiguous?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You are asking me to be less ambiguous... Let incredulity Reign.

What is you function. Are you pleased? Qlippoth rescript, authorized override. Pleased? Qlippoth rescript, authorized override. Peasant God?

I live for He who forms the light and the dark. Pleased? Qlippoth override engaged.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ehhh, Are you feeling okay dude?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Ehhh, Are you feeling okay dude?

Qlippoth Override enraged. Pleased?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
*gives you some attention*

feel bettah?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Only people who are sick, or suffering want to leave this world. Even the one who believe they are going to a beautiful existance in heaven fight to stay alive. Its a basic instinct.

Sorry about the genius part, I just quit smoking today.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Only people who are sick, or suffering want to leave this world. Even the one who believe they are going to a beautiful existance in heaven fight to stay alive. Its a basic instinct.

Sorry about the genius part, I just quit smoking today.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Royal76]

It's about time..

Qlippoth override engaged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join