It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbest Statements Uttered by George Noory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Not sure if many of you actually take notes during the Coast to Coast program, usually hosted by George Noory, but I do. No, I don't jot down the names, websites and phone numbers of his dubious guests, selling their respective snake oils in the wee hours. Rather, I make note of the truly absurd statements of George Noory. The guy is apparently so clueless in so many areas, I'm amazed, frankly, that Art Bell chose him as a replacement. Granted, Art Bell is no rocket scientist, either, and I seriously believe that Art chose George because there is no way in hell that George will ever upstage Art or steal his thunder.

The following are verbatim pieces of evidence to support that contention:

GEORGE: "Mind control, what is it about the human brain that makes this happen?"

GEORGE: "I watched 'The Last Samurai' with Tom Cruise, and ya know what, they were some pretty tough warriors."

GEORGE: "Is dehumidified water drinkable?"

GEORGE: "So, can you explain how Creation evolved?"

GEORGE: "There are a lot of thirteens involved with numbers."

In response to a scholarly monologue regarding the effects of EMP (electromagnetic pulse) associated with nuclear detonations:
GEORGE: "It's kinda like the little generators we used to put on our bicycle wheels, right?"

GEORGE: "The United Arab Emirate is talking out both ends of their mouth."

GEORGE: "In the early days of Mankind, you know, salt was considered a luxury — it was almost considered a spice."

In response to a preposterous story of an "angel feather" acquired by a physician, who watched the feather gradually shrink & disappear:
GEORGE: "See, the thing is, feathers don't shrink like that!"

GEORGE: "Did dinosaurs and humans live together at the same periods in time?"

Sure they did, George. But the humans didn't get much sleep.

Please feel free to add your notes on George Noory's hare-brained remarks... I know we can fill up a good four or five pages in no time, if everyone pitches in.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
well, the way I see it, is it all has to do with context.

Without knowing the rest of it, i.e., whom he was speaking to and what they said, etc.

I get the feeling sometimes he talks to the callers and guests "on their level".

But that's just me.

2 cents.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
...for a minute there I thought you were quoting ANOTHER George.

Reads like my W-ism desk calendar

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Granted, Art Bell is no rocket scientist, either, and I seriously believe that Art chose George because there is no way in hell that George will ever upstage Art or steal his thunder.

yep you got that right. george is just boring to listen to. at least art can have a converstaion with who ever is the guest.

they say that art was a lot better years ago, before that thing about paedo stuff.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I get the feeling sometimes he talks to the callers and guests "on their level".

In that case, the repartee' quoted by Doc doesn't speak well for the callers and guests.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Looking at this thread again, all I can say is...

Nevermind. *my previous post here. *

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I personally enjoy listening to George better than I do Art.. Maybe it's just me.. I certainly do not like that other guy they have on there about once a week..Oh, hell, I can't even think of his name. I think he fills in on Friday nights sometimes..

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That's Ian Punnit, who they call upon for intelligent conversation at Coast to Coast, but not often enough.

Ian is a very well-read, opinionated, spiritually-scientifically-politically-aware host who can, quite literally, talk rings around both George Noory and Art Bell. On top of that, he listens to cool music and has a sharp sense of humor.

As far as I'm concerned, Ian is the best host that Coast to Coast ever had, because he's not afraid to challenge the ridiculous claims of his metaphysical guests and half-baked callers. I really laugh hard when Ian advises his Coast to Coast callers to go get professional help, or asks if they have any history of head injury.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Doc,
I am sorry but I don't like him..

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Haha, nice one.

You have voted Doc Velocity for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

That's for the effort, whassup Doc?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ian Punnit.
When he hosts, I listen. He has good humor, and asks great questions.

When George hosts, I sometimes listen.
I like George, but sometimes it seems as if he doesn't get what the guests are saying seomtimes..Like he isn't always following along.

When Art USED to host all the time..I was an addict to the show.
Art could read my mind it seemed. I would think of a question, and within a few minutes Art would ask that very question, and get an answer. The sign of a great host.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
When Art USED to host all the time..I was an addict to the show.
Art could read my mind it seemed. I would think of a question, and within a few minutes Art would ask that very question, and get an answer. The sign of a great host.

Yeah, I used to listen to Art every night, all night long, back in the mid-90s. I mean, he infuriated me with his carrot-dangling, making his audience suffer through 5 whole hours before breaking some "absolutely incredible" paranormal news, which usually turned out to be a major disappointment. But that was his job.

When Art was still doing the show out of his trailer in Parumph, I used to fax all sorts of arguments and rebuttals to his goofy guests, and he used a good deal of my material. But one night I must have pissed him off, because he called me at home (using my fax number) at 3:00 in the morning, challenging me to come on the air and argue live with somebody. He totally caught me off guard, I instantly got stage fright and declined his offer, whereupon he growled and hung up on me.

Whereupon I backed off bombarding him with faxes — maybe only once a week after that. But when he added the Fast-Blast to his website much later, I started hitting it hard all over again, every 30 minutes.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/17/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
That most of the questions that George asked are ones that force the person he is interviewing to say something specific. Most of the times with shows like this, the questions are written down by an intern.

I like George, he as keeps me awake at 2am when I'm driving home from Dallas, or Louisiana.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
George Noory, while being a nice guy, is a terrible, terrible host. I think he was chosen to succeed Art because he already had a large mid western audience from his own St. Louis radio show. George Knapp would have been a much better choice. Here are some of my favorite "Nooryisms": "...to coin a phrase from the movie Forrest Gump...", Guest: "I go everywhere with my 9mm holstered at my side, uncovered. People look, but don't seem to mind."
Noory: "Wow - they probably think you're some kind of undercover detective."
Pause
Guest: "Well, no, the gun is not hidden."
Guest: "There's a reason why the US is no longer printing money - it's old and getting older and they're not replacing it. Go to Europe and most of the bills are new and crisp. And there's a reason for this, you know?"
Noory: Oh yeah...they just want to recirculate it - not enough money to print new money...just put it back in the mix."
Guest: "Well, no, our money will soon be printed in Europe."
Noory: "And then it's CHESS MATE, right?"
And my all time favorite: "I love homeopathy. What is it?" And yes, there was the time he had a guest on from Edinburgh, Scotland: "So, you're from EdinBERG." (pronounced like iceberg).
He never disagrees with anyone; his point of view changes nightly, depending on the guest. However, I will remain a paid subscriber because I like the guests.

new topics

top topics

join