It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAURITANIAN plane hijacked, Landing in Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A boing plane thats been hijacked has just landed in the canery islands in Spain

www.alertnet.org...

Confirmed that it has landed,

as all know this is a passanger plane,

More soon,

Map
www.alertnet.org...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by asala]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hey Asala any more news on this

I cant find anything apart from that link you showed

Little Edit here:

Just looked at Sky news and updates every few minutes but nothing has changed from the same headline as you posted. Be interesting to see how this pans out. Its a 737 and has already stopped off once for a fuel stop.

Wonder if it will get airborne again

[edit on 15-2-2007 by thesaint]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why wasn't the plane shot down?

Aren't all hijacked planes supposed to be treated as potential suicide bombings, ala 911?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The plane has been liberated

BBC: Mauritanian hijack 'ends safely'

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well Nygdan, I guess is only if they are flying over US air space, so that may be the reason why it didn't got shot down.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The situation has finally ended, this results in one man being arrested according to RNE national radio in Las Palmas Spain,

It is also said that several people where wounded, there injuries are said to be from possible gun shots,

Jose Segura stated that 78 passengers on the plane and about 8 crew,

Jose Segura is a government rep in the Canary Islands, he was relieved that the situation ended favourably.

[url=http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2007-02-15T203002Z_01_L15272781_RTRUKOC_0_US-MAURITANIA-HIJACK.xml&rss]link[/ url]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
But my point is, people are amazed that on 911 we didn't shoot down the planes, even though they hadn't been used as suicide bombings before, but now after 911, we see this incident, and no shoot down. There was also an instance a few months ago where a plane was hijacked and flown into Italy, but it wasn't shot down.

What happens if a passenger plane is hijacked in the US? Do we shoot it down, instantly, now?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I would hope that the plane would be intercepted, and an attempt made to force a safe landing. Should the plane veer towards a population center or other "target" then I would expect the plane to be shot down.

The sad part is we won't know what the policy and procedure until it happens.

I would also think that an attempted hijacking on a U.S. flight would have a different "response" from the passengers than this particular incident.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well what a story that has emerged today on this,

Seems the passangers onboard where not going to take this hijacking,

The pilot on board warned passagers he was going to break and for them to pounce,

So as the plane came to land hard the passangers ran in to the cockpit grabbing and knocking down the hijacker!

news.sky.com...

new topics

top topics

join