It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Revolutionary Guards engrave emblem on U.S. warship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Until that time this was the army's sub force....

(simulated satirical image mine)

Oh man! Somone with a sense of humor as sick as mine! I wish I could give you an applause. I literally LOL'd.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Though i highly doubt that this was accomplished in actuality,it remains to be noted that a Chinese sub did surface well within missle and torpedo range of an american carrier group recently.
The Iranis have two subs that i know about, but they may have all kinds of mini subs which may or may not be easily detected.
With the anti ship capabilities they do have, the crowded waters of the hormuz straights could concievably run black with the blood of super tankers which are virtually defenseless on their own.
The Iranis have a host of small attack boats which could be and probably are, armed with anti shipping missles of various ranges.
I am assuming any overt strike actions against Iran will be launched from carriers placed out in the indian ocean well away from on shore threats, and hopefully out of reach of multiple small fast attack craft.
Remember, the british destroyer ?frigate? sunk by an exocette missle from twenty miles stand off.
Sure we may get the plane or boat that launches it, but it isnt proven yet that our anti missle defenses work against many multiple targets...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
lol...sure...I don't think Iran has guts to sneak up on a battleship, imagine if they got caught, they would get bomb to death and on top of that start a war that they don't want...

They have too much to loose if they got caught. I don't think that they're foolish enough to pull off a stunt like that.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I find this laughable at best. I would imagine security is very tight around naval vessels as is has been since the Cole incident. Even on the great lakes, they are very very controling of their space now. I remember back when the navy brought in the USS Defender and USS Kingfisher (minesweepers) to look for a missing commercial fishing boat (The Linda E. rammed by a barge as it turned out) even before the Cole incident, and they didn't mess around with boats out there fishing. Was this a US Navy supply ship docked in southern iraq? Possible but i still doubt it. I would have to see proof. One can make all the claims in the world and the fact that many posters are giving credence to them is foolish.

**Newsflash**: US navy seal claims he tattooed his name on the rear of one of Ahmedimajed's wives' rear in his bedroom without him knowing while he was napping on the couch

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Engraved? Like with a nail? Did they dress up like dolphins and swim or did they train the dolphins to do the "engraving". Was there a "stand down" order given or was this just a maneuver by undercover CIA agents still in Iran after that messy business so very long ago?

No pictures. These are the types that climb Everest but don't leave a flag. Or land on the Moon but don't jump "higher than average". Why prove it if you did it? That's the proof in the pudding. So why serve the pudding or even prepare it? Surely we must believe this happened. My that imaginary pudding was delicious wasn't it?

I see this is described on a website and that those who did it reported it to other unnamed newspapers. The printed word is always true. So this too must be true. Those who did it say so. Someone took the time to transcribe it with HTML tags and everything. Soon ships everywhere will bow down to this Mass Engravement of Revolution.

Yesterday I painted my family crest on the underside of the White House's basement and I let some unnamed papers know about it afterward. Tommorrow a website in Finland will run the story. I've told them what my crest looks like. There will be an accurate drawing as far as you know. As if you don't already believe me.

Visualize my crest and know that I did indeed paint it where I said. In case you forgot: on the underside of the White House basement. Go check if you don't believe me.

So obviously I am capable of much more impressive acts of vandelous painting. Even the bottom of the Grand Canyon is no challenge. I laugh at the Grand Canyon. (Seriously, I've seen better canyons in my sleep.) I'm just that all-powerful.

Soon my elusive and unphotographed Family Crest of Revolution will be at the bottoms of canyons everywhere and soon haunting your powerless nightmares with fear. Sometimes drawn in chalk. Sometimes with a water hose. I might even just draw it upside down with only a lousy stick in the dirt or branch I found under a bush or dead tree somewhere in another canyon from where I brought it from for just that purpose of artistic revolutionary terrorism.

Or to show my true power, but still reserving some power so as not to reveal the extent of my infinite power, I'll use trained bipedal air-breathing dolphins from Finland to paint The Crest all over Antarctica so as to be seen from satellite photos and I'll do it in invisible paint. I'm already picturing it and it looks great. Wait until you don't see it for yourselves and then you will know about this completed revolution and how it took place in secrecy and in secret places unknown until forever.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Oh man! Somone with a sense of humor as sick as mine! I wish I could give you an applause. I literally LOL'd.

Yea me too.

Some "facts" about the old sub.........

Specifications:

Range: 3 miles

Speed: half a knot

Fuel: Organic substances.

Maximum operational depth: 30 metres

Maximum dive depth: (depends on weight of lead and whether submarine wishes to re-surface.)

Armament: 9" knife.

Active/Passive sonar detection at 20 to 20khz (active phase by shouting "Shark" or "sh*t") at indeterminate range.

100 degree visual detection at 1x magnification.

Weaknesses:

Able to be detected by gas emissions dependant on fuel type (spicy food, pulses etc).

Onboard heating system is a total loss variant and only warms the pubic area.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Personally I would have thought that this was information that was best kept secret until needed ie. sink a boat when (and if) things kick off.

So I call Bravo Sierra as they say.

Thing is some of these people in the field BS so it is conceivable that it is just something someone has been said to ingratiate themselves as opposed to an all out state "porky pie". Who knows?

I find the thought of tagging a ship amusing though and not just with a Revolutionary Guard posse mural. Imagine a huge, fat "Down with Bush" or a Big Chad with "Wot No Nuclear Weapons?"

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Same propaganda crap. I thought you guys got the memo? they have stealth missles that can evade radar, hit several targets at once all the while giving you a blowjob at the same time!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Maybe their trained dolphins attacked and killed our trained anti-terror dolphins and then the brave submariners were able to swim right up to one our warships and tag it with their little graffiti.

This really does not make any sense. It seems more like a funny plot for a situation comedy than anything else. Or maybe an Iranian 'military urban legend' used for recruiting and morale..

On a serious note; I am very concerned with the Iranian anti-shipping missiles and the damage they could cause. I hope that the fleets do not underestimate this threat.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Irrefutable Photographic Evidence.

I hate to break it to you, but it seems that this is a true story.
A photograph of the incident has surfaced. It actually shows the Iranian Navy commiting the act.
Top military personnel are trying to identify the culprit.

I've attached a link for the photograph below

This is very bad news for the Navies of the world. I can't believe how advanced the Iranian navy is. I severely underestimated them.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by lombozo]

[edit on 16-2-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I aree with Azathoth's comments about the "engraving" reverberating through the ship.

I wonder if it's as simple as spray can graffiti and a comment about such was mis-translated to etching or engraving?

Use of a spray can to write on a ship's side seems like it would be easy to accomplish by a swimmer.

Far as submarine's go, I doubt it very much.
Unless, as stated above, the sub was offshore a few miles.
And considering there are very exotic ship locating satellites and the like that I understand can track subs even that's doubtful.

Lies are a part of warfare, but if Iran is going to lie about things they ouht to make up some believable ones....

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It wouldn't suprise me if this was some what true. The Iranians may have been able to get a diver close enough to ZAP a US ship. My guess would be that it was probably one of the MSC Cargo Ships.

This sounds stupid enough for Iran, given all of the other BS they have claimed that they have done in recent times. What I'm laughing over is that after all of this crap they actually have the balls to claim that the US is threatening them!

You keep poking at someone long enough, there is a good chance that they are going to get pissed off and kick the sh*t out of you. A few B-2s and a couple of the newly modified Ohio class missle subs could easily make life in Iran very unpleasant in short order. (I'm not talking nukes here.)

We don't have to invade Iran, all we have to do is contain them.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How can anybody here be so blind? The Iranian military is intentionally saying it was their commandos that engraved the ship, to keep secret that they were really testing their newest anti-ship weapon. The symbol that was engraved into the thick hull of a navy vessel was obviously not 'carved' out by a man with a knife, jeez, I highly doubt that's even possible. No, it was done by a laser beam, attached to a shark. That's right, an Iranian Revolutionary shark with a frickin' laser beam. Like Nygdan said, never underestimate a people who had an ancestor that created chess, it means that they are ALL very cunning and you're falling into their trap. It's like underestimating a white man on the basketball court, a white man invented basketball, and just cuz we suck at it doesn't mean anything.

One of the computers that was siezed during the raid on the Iranian consulate in Iraq contained some valuable information on this new weapons technology...

[edit on 16-2-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Doubt they would risk getting caught in such a risky position with divers screwing around the hull of a US warship. They might have snuck swimmers close but that would be all IMHO.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If they did paint or engrave an emblem and that was their intention in hopes that telling the U.S. that they can touch us, then please show the picture.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I agree 27JD that this act, undisputably true, was probably accomplished by trained sharks with lasers. Dolphins, being more docile and intelligent, most likely would experience moral dilemmas regarding politics and property ethics concerning acts of revolutionary vandalism.

I am working on a hypothesis that this may also have been accomplished, to a more complicated degree, by BEARS. Bears are always a threat on land and they are known to be able to above-advanced or even above-the-expert-level swimmers. Many also drink cola soda and beer and as such may be addicted to caffeine or/or alcohol. This substance weakness, a vulnerability, could be manipulated or coerced by nefarious revolutionaries into committing vandalous acts of undeclared-wartime defacement.

The bears' lasers would require some, yet minimal, modifications if the sharks' lasers were to be used rather than producing strictly bear-centric laser technology from raw scratch materials. Bears have already been trained to wear SCUBAs. This could arguably lead to schools of submerged shark and bear engraving units; or SSBEUs (SbEE-ooze).

DIAGRAM:

SSBEU-Bear Version (SSBEU-BV-LM*)

* LAND MODE (LM**)
** sans SCUBA

EDIT TO DIAGRAM:
- This Drunken Bear SSBEU-BV-LM also buzzed up on drugged Caffeine high
- Teeth (large) (sharp) also (bloody) as well
- SECRET NECKTIE GPS UNIT (SNGPSU) (Sing-pee-soo) pictured but not clear in diagram due to printing error

[edit on 16-2-2007 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well if this is true, then it explains the past couple of days' articles saying Bush tones down the Iran war scenario. This would have to have happened awhile ago as news like this doesn't travel to fast through Iranian channels.

I think a nice subtle message like this is much better than the barb throwing war chanting that has been going on. But one has to ask why would Iran ever expose this ability to the world if it is the truth.

Anyway very interesting, I found an old article from 2000 on Iran's first submarine here:

Iran launches its first submarine
The Iranian state news agency, IRNA, said the Al-Sabehat-15 submarine was designed to plant mines and carry out reconnaissance missions.

That may be their first homebuilt sub but they have been operating Russian diesel subs for some time. I witnessed an Iranian sub surface next to my carrier the USS Constellation in the Straits of Hormuz back in the late 1990's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join