It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Rubber: Roswell metal reverse-engineered? Corso was right!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If the stuff was released around the time of the roswell crash, then sure, it'd be a decent arguement that it's alien technology. But half a century later?

Yeah, but don't you think people would've gotten suspicious about that?

Here we are with in the early 50s steel, gasoline, hardly have fiberglass or aluminum and then somebody comes up with this stuff right after the crash?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Even if they had a bunch of this stuff from the crash, the problem seems that no way would anybody have been able to figure out that goofy process involved in making it.

Having the "end result" isn't always the key.

True...it's like expecting a caveman to be able to reverse engineer a television set....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What is this material called, does anyone kno the name given to it?
sorry if its already been mentioned i didnt have time to read all the posts

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Take another look....

Ah ok. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stale Cracker
but this is really just metal embedded in an elastic polymer matrix, built up one molecular layer at a time. At no point do they claim this material can't be burnt or cut, the only property left is that it's a flexible, elastic metal composite that returns to it's default shape after deformation, while retaining electrical conductivity....

..."Terrible, horrible things can be done to this millimeters-thick patch of shimmering material crafted by chemists at NanoSonic in Blacksburg, Virginia. Twist it, stretch it double, fry it to 200°C, douse it with jet fuel—the stuff survives. After the torment, it snaps like rubber back to its original shape, all the while conducting electricity like solid metal. “Any other material would lose its conductivity,” says Jennifer Hoyt Lalli, NanoSonic’s director of nanocomposites".

Frying/heating is not the same as igniting/burning though, and I didn't see anywhere where they said it couldn't be cut. Also, the Roswell "foil" was deformable and yes, that did return to it's default shape, but it was never stated to be stretchable/elastic. While I do believe that the Roswell crash occured and that some tech was kicked out to govt. contractors to play with, I just don't think this specific material is/was derived directly from the Roswell debris. However the IDEA for this material may have been inspired by it.

Tech. Companies have been working toward robust flexible conductive substrates for a while. Glad to see that they appear to have a winner. Now give me my roll-up HD display and wearable computer already!

Yeah, yeah yeah... in 40s, even a pocket clculator would have been a miraculous device. Sure, today, nanomaterials are not as amazing as they would have been only 5-10 years ago. You need to look at it without a hindsight!

I'll stand by my assertion that this is reverse-engineered Roswell material.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Z28... then why are you here, it is just to insult. Name calling isn't tolerated here and you are going to get yourself in deep dodo.

If you disagree then disagree but do it with a little respect.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well "IF" it were an alien technology of sorts it's not to way out there to think in that perspective. To be advanced doesn't have to be not of this world. I would think that a E.B.E. would think in more simplified terms..And on a daily basis I have a "Oh..man I should have known that was the answer to certain problem. If this were a E.B.E. technology it was looked at as "How in the world do we get this from this...And then with the proper advancement in knowledge of not just the materials used but the more "simple" way of engineering.

I can't for the life of me think that advanced beings would make an already complicated task more involved? You know the old saying why go down stream to cross over the log if you can swim? Even though you don't want to get wet the most simple approach is straight across. And in chemical science alot of the break throughs aren't "new" materials they are old materials with new ways of developing them. Now we could have gotten such a material from another source and said man this is great..What is it? I don't know lets tear it apart and see how it ticks. And 50 years later some scientist took a look at the progress and said." Man...this is no different than our rubber just engineered without one simple process. Science is that tricky the answer can be right under our nose and by chance you just get it right sometimes.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Would people please read the author's original post before jumping to the conclusion he/she is stating that the Metal Rubber is THE material described as being discovered at the site of the Roswell crash.

You are attempting to make the author look like a fool when in fact are simply doing it to yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Like Corso said, whatever items he had given to the appropriate recipients has been reverse engineered. I do recall something like this Metal Rubber being discussed on a Discovery program that was recorded before he had passed away. I think that this material is legit as being reverse engineered from some alien product. Whether coming from Corso or not. Just my 2 cents

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Don Wahn]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If the stuff was released around the time of the roswell crash, then sure, it'd be a decent arguement that it's alien technology. But half a century later?

You'd need to go through the research done to create the material and show where an 'immpossible leap' was made.

If this were released around the time of Roswell, there would have be NO ARGUMENT of Alien technology. If you are trying to hide the fact that it is reverse engineered then you would release it 60 years later, just as they did.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Here is what everybody wants to see. Take a look at the VIDEO of the rubber metal in action. Its much less impressive than what Corso described. It still makes you think though. Maybe just need time to perfect to get to the point of the roswell material.

www.sciencentral.com...

Note: This site makes you sign up for an account. Its free, and only requires an email address. I didnt give my real one, and it still signed me up.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
from what i understand about reverse engineering, they take something apart find out the different pieces. then decide to put it back together or hybridize it with other technology.

if one were to argue its not the same as the roswell material, would one argue its nothing like the roswell material??

it very similar, and if the govt has been sitting on this for 30years its likely the roswell claims had some influence.

either in concept or actual evidence gave birth to this material.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Here is what everybody wants to see. Take a look at the VIDEO of the rubber metal in action. Its much less impressive than what Corso described. It still makes you think though. Maybe just need time to perfect to get to the point of the roswell material.

Precisely! Imagine if someone handed you a piece of the Roswell UFO... how long would it take you to reverse engineer it? Decades? Centuries? Who knows... maybe even a millenia! First, you'd need to figure out in rough terms what principles were guiding the original builders. Maybe the nanotech was the missing piece... the thing that was slowing down the reverse-engineering process. Now that we know a bit more about nanotech, maybe the process will speed up.

Thanks for the video link!

What's really surprising about the video is their focus on airplanes and aviation. I'd think that I'd focus my attention at something else first if I "invented" this material. Their focus on 'shape changing' aircraft is quite telling!

[edit on 16-2-2007 by GoneWild]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, I guess our question as to whether it would burn has been answered.

Once this stuff hit the mainstream and became affordable you could probably make all sorts of things out of it from cookware to autobodies to even internal engine parts.

Imagine getting into a fender bender and watching your dents just dissapear before you could even exchange insurance info.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As has been mentioned already, it could "possibly" be reverse engineered technology from an alien source.

When looking at the time line for it to be developed it would be pretty easy to see why it would take so long for it to be developed. In the 40's/50's there would be no way to manufacture something like that on earth. Much of the process, I'm sure takes complicated computer control (something that didn't exist back then).

Over time you have to develop the means to reproduce something like that before you can actually produce it. You have to develop computers, manufacturing techniques and equipment, you have to know how to analyze and break down the materials chemical components looking sometimes at the smallest levels to see circuitry, etc. which takes high powered microscopes.

None of those things existed back then, but have been developed over the last 60 years, which allows things like that to be made now.

With things that are re-engineered generally you can't just go out and reproduce something that is 100 to 1000 years more advanced than you are. You have to look at it and try and think about how it was made and then come up with ways to make each component. Once you can make each component then you can start to figure out how to combine them. Even with the material in hand it's a slow process and takes time.

Generally in the process of reverse engineering technology it leads to other applications that lead to new technology developed by us and other processes that make the reverse engineering easier/faster.

Of course, this could just be a product of good old human imagination and creativity that has taken up until now to develop. Somebody could have heard the Roswell stories and said "Hmmmm, how would I make something like that" or maybe the military has an application for a material like that and commissions one of their contractors to start working on it giving them a timeline and money to get it done. They then started working on it and release the results when allowed to by the military.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
from what i understand about reverse engineering, they take something apart find out the different pieces. then decide to put it back together or hybridize it with other technology.
t very similar, and if the govt has been sitting on this for 30years its likely the roswell claims had some influence.

either in concept or actual evidence gave birth to this material.

Exactly, Reverse engineered doesn't mean that it has to be exactly the same. I believe influence is the key word here.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Talk about engineering, reversed or not. I threw this post up this morning but obviously I chose the wrong place.

Technology is going like wildfire!

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
see this is the part that bugs me everyone speculating that is it "reversed engineered technology" from the rosewell incident. Why cant this simply be outdated metal from a ship, missle, or whatever else goverment classified object that crashed at rosewell?? Ohhh spooky aliens must have made it and us cavemen idiots could not comprehend how to replicate it. I no longer buy into those theories. What if its metal that has been around for the past 40-60 years and is just being released to the public now. The only creepy thing to make the material was likely world war 2 scientists in germany or america. Found obvious implications for the material and incorporated it into their rockets and fighter planes. One such highly classified object then crashes in Rosewell and material is recovered. Obviously being a classified project NO ONE in the public ciricle will have any idea of the advanced properties of the material covering our most sensative military vechicles.

I hate hate that ignorant train of thought that human ingeniuty is far too stupid to ever build such complex technology. The gap between known technology and classified technology is possibly 60 years apart assuming that technology is still relevant to the military and black ops programs.

We are not stupid monkies that these GOD like dieties of alien greys grace us with their superior knowledge bring us fire like Prometeus did from the Greek gods to desolate mankind. We are our own gods and plenty capable of growing at an expontenial rate both technologically, spirtually, and intellectually.

[/rant end]

[edit on 16-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
Why cant this simply be outdated metal from a ship, missle, or whatever else goverment classified object that crashed at rosewell??

so you agree something craft-like crashed at roswell?

thats fine, either alien or human, i can live with either, but neither is the official story. and thats why its a buzz.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Alon's not flexible whatsoever. We are looking at making lighter composite armor with the stuff that's not optical grade. You can get samples for free if you're an engineering shop.

Also, its predecessor was being tested on 50 cal proof windshields at Redstone sometime ago. It was first invented by Fraunhofer.

Here's a real old pic:

This was the first cut at it. Later versions are much more transparent.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join