It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Rubber: Roswell metal reverse-engineered? Corso was right!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Col. Philip Corso claimed, for a very long time, that US gov gives alien tech to US companies so they can be reverse-engineered. He claimed he was in charge of that program.

Check this out:

phunk.co.za...

Terrible, horrible things can be done to this millimeters-thick patch of shimmering material crafted by chemists at NanoSonic in Blacksburg, Virginia. Twist it, stretch it double, fry it to 200°C, douse it with jet fuel—the stuff survives.

Doesn't this look like "metal" that was described by Roswell crash witnesses???

More on Corso: video.google.com...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by GoneWild]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If the stuff was released around the time of the roswell crash, then sure, it'd be a decent arguement that it's alien technology. But half a century later?

You'd need to go through the research done to create the material and show where an 'immpossible leap' was made.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hmmmmm. Ny you can look at this two ways at least.

They have had it and it's been in usae you just don't know it or it took them almost the last 60 years to figurre it out.

I think Corso was an honest man.

add: If you look at the pictures you can see the hand through it... now maybe you can understand UFO's, get what I mean.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Neat article, but looks like a logical offshoot of terrestrial material science blended with new nanotech techniques.

Now if they can only figure out a way to make transparent aluminum like in Trek IV...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Abuse-resistant flexible circuits and wires, for instance, could allow you to do terrible, horrible things to your portable electronics—consequence-free.

I can see the OP's connection, but like Nydgen Say's, it could never be traced back.

But surely that's how some secret technology is leaked.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Check out their Research Development and Commercialization Partners Page:

www.nanosonic.com...

NanoSonic has developed relationships with several government agencies and larger company partners. We have received Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program funds from DARPA, the Air Force, the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization, NASA, the National Science Foundation, the Department of Energy and NIST. Larger company partners have participated in these programs, as well as through separate manufacturing efforts.

This company definitely has government connections.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
that is mind blowingly wild. Thats the same material as described by the rosewell crash. Can you imagine owning a piece of this and then claiming it came from Rosewell? Who would dispute you? I cant be burned, cut, bends and reshapes itself...ect.. I hate being a conspiracist but... this has to have been around to many many many years and is just now being released. This is why i dont think these fantastic ufos are "alien" driven. Look if human technolgy like this is 60 years old, imagine what current technolgy the goverment is holding onto looks like and how it behaves..?

Rosewell commentary

The pieces of metal that we brought back were so thin, just like the tinfoil in a pack of cigarettes. I didn't pay too much attention to that at first, until one of the boys came to me and said: 'You know that metal that was in there? I tried to bend the stuff and it won't bend. I even tried it with a sledgehammer. You can't make a dent in it.' ...This particular piece of metal was about two feet long and maybe a foot wide. It was so light it weighed practically nothing, that was true of all the material that was brought up, it weighed practically nothing ... it was so thin. So I tried to bend the stuff. We did all we could to bend it. It would not bend and you could not tear it or cut it either. We even tried making a dent in it with a sixteen-pound sledgehammer, and there was still no dent in it... It's still a mystery to me what the whole thing was. Now by bend, I mean crease. It was possible to flex this stuff back and forth, even to wrinkle it, but you could not put a crease in it that would stay, nor could you dent it at all. I would almost have to describe it as a metal with plastic properties."

I wanted to see some of the stuff burn, but all I had was a cigarette lighter ... I lit the cigarette lighter to some of this stuff and it didn't burn."

[edit on 15-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The salient observation from teh rosewell quote is that it wouldn't bend. This stuff bends easily.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The salient observation from teh rosewell quote is that it wouldn't bend. This stuff bends easily.

Take another look....

Now by bend, I mean crease. It was possible to flex this stuff back and forth, even to wrinkle it, but you could not put a crease in it that would stay, nor could you dent it at all. I would almost have to describe it as a metal with plastic properties."

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Take another look....

THANK YOU

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
what worries me about you folks is you take a piece of information and point to aliens with zero research.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
what worries me about you folks is you take a piece of information and point to aliens with zero research.

I don't think that was the OP's assessment at all, he/she was just pointing out the similarity of the new technology and how it closely resembles material described in association with the Roswell incident.

Add in the government ties to the current company and the reports from the colonel, the OP was just trying to put pieces of a puzzle together to see if they fit. Sometimes they fit and sometimes they don't but one thing that intrigues me if this alien reverse-tech story is concocted and it is just a matter of advanced human tech, I find it remarkable that someone over 50 years ago described this type of unknown technology so closely to what is a reality today.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You'd need to go through the research done to create the material and show where an 'immpossible leap' was made.

That's just it...according to Corso's claims, the material was seeded to companies that already were researching along those lines, so as to a) better hide the development trail, and b) ensure the material got to the best folks who could actually DO something with it.

Not saying that's what happened here, but just clarifying Corso's claims...
Indeed, 50 years is a long time to reverse engineer something. However, we also know that if it's in the public knowledge now, then it was likely classified 30 years ago...giving us a (hypothetical) reverse engineering time of 20 years....at least as such a product is most definitely inline with defense contracting....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

[edit on 15-2-2007 by yeti101]

what worries me about you is that you assume way too much about what the topics are really about, when it's written right in front of you....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't know if there is a connection but how many abductee stories have you read or heard where they describe the skin or structure of the ship. This flashed me right back to all those descriptions.

I work with some pretty exotic stuff but this is awesome material no matter what!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If the stuff was released around the time of the roswell crash, then sure, it'd be a decent arguement that it's alien technology. But half a century later?

Even if they had a bunch of this stuff from the crash, the problem seems that no way would anybody have been able to figure out that goofy process involved in making it.

Having the "end result" isn't always the key.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stale Cracker
...Now if they can only figure out a way to make transparent aluminum like in Trek IV...

www.newscientist.com...

has happened already - -military uses only as you can imagine

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
but this is really just metal embedded in an elastic polymer matrix, built up one molecular layer at a time. At no point do they claim this material can't be burnt or cut, the only property left is that it's a flexible, elastic metal composite that returns to it's default shape after deformation, while retaining electrical conductivity....

..."Terrible, horrible things can be done to this millimeters-thick patch of shimmering material crafted by chemists at NanoSonic in Blacksburg, Virginia. Twist it, stretch it double, fry it to 200°C, douse it with jet fuel—the stuff survives. After the torment, it snaps like rubber back to its original shape, all the while conducting electricity like solid metal. “Any other material would lose its conductivity,” says Jennifer Hoyt Lalli, NanoSonic’s director of nanocomposites".

Frying/heating is not the same as igniting/burning though, and I didn't see anywhere where they said it couldn't be cut. Also, the Roswell "foil" was deformable and yes, that did return to it's default shape, but it was never stated to be stretchable/elastic. While I do believe that the Roswell crash occured and that some tech was kicked out to govt. contractors to play with, I just don't think this specific material is/was derived directly from the Roswell debris. However the IDEA for this material may have been inspired by it.

Tech. Companies have been working toward robust flexible conductive substrates for a while. Glad to see that they appear to have a winner. Now give me my roll-up HD display and wearable computer already!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Originally posted by Stale Cracker
...Now if they can only figure out a way to make transparent aluminum like in Trek IV...

www.newscientist.com...

has happened already - -military uses only as you can imagine

WOW!!! too awesome, thanks for the link! Can't wait till us civies get a chance to use it!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Ny,
I wouldn't say it would be an impossible leap...In the Orthodontic lab field we are always burdened with acrylic polymers breaking..Arylic polymers are the main staple of our industry and for the "common" use to produce retainers and other type of removable appliances these polymers prove fine for use. But..introduce the trouble patients who "break" their retainers. And of course this proves costly to the lab because as you can imagine it's NEVER the child's fault it's always faulty product. Well in comes the hybrid polymers i.e. urethane-acrylic polymers the products have been around for as long as I can remeber but the science and technology to bond these together has just surfaced in the last 5-10 years. And if this type metal is just now surfacing then it more than not has been on the drawing board for years..as to weather it's E.B.E. tech...Who knows but products like these will soon be coming out in hundreds cause as our industry dictates the R&D to market is about a 5-10 year buff due to FDA. But soon we will be producing "break" proof retainers..Not burn proof just impact proof. No more kids putting them into their pockets and breaking them. I love Science....makes me randy........

Here's some of the nerd stuff to help understand where the Polymers come from and how they are bonded.

www.airproducts.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join