It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm writing a story about the conspiracy theories on ATS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am going to write a story about everything I knew about before I was on ATS and everything from what I learned on ATS. It's going to be a story about resisting the fight against the new world order and the story will involve real conflicts, like as the resistance, who is going to lead it, and how it's going to go on, as well as how the Omega Agency is going to take control of the USA by defeating Canada, Mexico, as well as England. I was wondering whether I could post the story on ATS, as it is not exactly a short story I do not know whether it could go on the writing section of ATS... so I was wondering whether I could post it on BTS, as it is four pages long. Since it is that long I was wondering what I should do.

So can I post it on BTS? It's a story that uses some of the conspiracy theories about the new world order I found.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
post it in collaborative fiction -> Short Stories.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
post it in collaborative fiction -> Short Stories.

I think he has to have "Writer" status for that, if I'm not mistaken...

btw, who is handling that these days..... the "Writer" status that is....

I found that info...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/15/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nah, Anybody can write in the short stories subforum. Just not in the collab fict section.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh, ok.

My misunderstanding then....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
btw, who is handling that these days..... the "Writer" status that is....

worldwatcher - Writer
Nygdan - Fighter
ADVISOR - Scholar

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wait-- but I can post in the short story "introduction" forum but i cannot just post in the collaboration forums. Right?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You can post it here:

Members Short Stories

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
You can post it here:

Members Short Stories

Can it include this as well?

Also, it will include this in the story, a depiction the events of the resistance winning against the new world order in North America, but they have to assassinate their "anti-christ", they need to assassinate the leader of the nation because the real leader of the nation is actually somewhere else, and also they have to find out where exactly the US political party is being held captive. They have to do this then they have to find the real US president that was elected before the New World Order took control, and make him vice pres, and make one leader of the resistance president of the US of A, and then use the project blue beam technology for movies (at the end when all of this is done) >_>. They need to find EX-Nasa scientists who have been detained by the OA and the other group that have eliminated their purpose because they no longer would serve to their cause, and liberate them, and they also have to destroy all enemy bases, and all bases around the world to liberate every one. Does this sound pretty good so far?

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sounds good to me, so get crackin'!

Or writing, that is...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why not u2u masqua or worldwatcher and ask them. They are the Coll Writing mods.
Either ask for admittance to the Coll Writing forum or their suggestion.
Short stories is for fiction, and your work seems to be NON-fiction.

Don't forget to link to this thread in case they wish to post here.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Why not u2u masqua or worldwatcher and ask them. They are the Coll Writing mods.
Either ask for admittance to the Coll Writing forum or their suggestion.
Short stories is for fiction, and your work seems to be NON-fiction.

Don't forget to link to this thread in case they wish to post here.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

Well, I don't exactly want to write on the collab section of the forum. But my work is based on my own theories and I believe it to be true. So, I am wondering whether it could go under the short stories section because it's done only by one person (me!).

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Well, I don't exactly want to write on the collab section of the forum. But my work is based on my own theories and I believe it to be true. So, I am wondering whether it could go under the short stories section because it's done only by one person (me!).

To be honest, even if your stories are theories based on present day facts which are then extrapolated into a fiction based on those facts, as you described in the two examples, I would be very interested in not only seeing you post them in Short Stories, but even assisting you in any way I can.

So...go for it, Maverickhunter.

BTW...are you aware there is a contest for just such a story? It's worth mucho points to win and will give you automatic Writers status for submitting.

I'll edit the link to it here shortly. Here you go...

[edit on 15/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

To be honest, even if your stories are theories based on present day facts which are then extrapolated into a fiction based on those facts, as you described in the two examples, I would be very interested in not only seeing you post them in Short Stories, but even assisting you in any way I can.

So...go for it, Maverickhunter.

BTW...are you aware there is a contest for just such a story? It's worth mucho points to win and will give you automatic Writers status for submitting.

I'll edit the link to it here shortly. Here you go...

[edit on 15/2/07 by masqua]

all-right, that's great. But i have another question. Can I post the description of the story in the short stories introduction forum and then post the regular story later?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Absolutely.

It would be much like an introduction, setting the scene for your story.

You should know, though, that others may wish to respond on your thread and that it might be a good idea to mention you'd prefer they didn't.

Unless, of course, you don't mind...

[edit on 16/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Absolutely.

It would be much like an introduction, setting the scene for your story.

You should know, though, that others may wish to respond on your thread and that it might be a good idea to mention you'd prefer they didn't.

Unless, of course, you don't mind...

[edit on 16/2/07 by masqua]

all-right, I think I did what you said. how is it? I am pretty sure that's all I have to do, right? I am putting the real version of it up by monday.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Why not try to sell it, instead of wasting all your time and effort to give it away to the internet for free?

That's what I planned to do. Write a big book about all the paranormal, alien, and conspiracy things I know about, and get it published. But then I decided it was too much work, and too many people had already written much better things about the topics.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Why not try to sell it, instead of wasting all your time and effort to give it away to the internet for free?

I've had that thought for many years myself. I just know there's a book in me somewhere. Just haven't snapped the correct synapses yet.

There is a sunny side to what the Collab. forum provides, though. It's a place where you can 'try out' stories and see how they fly with the membership. It's a good 'practice ground' where we can see how our ideas and style is received.

It's the same for any art form. I used to consider myself a wordsmith, but, reading back on the stories and poems I wrote here years ago I can now see their shortfalls in comparison to what others have done.

That forum is a great measuring stick.

Anyone who intends to try to get published should be glad to have this board and the membership to see if things soar or flail.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I always thought this site was research paradise for writers.

A wealth of information.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Quite naturally, SD. With topics ranging from news stories, NASA releases and various other science based websites to the esoteric research you'd find in paranormal, religious and secret societies topics, ATS does indeed provide a rich tapestry for inspiration.

That said, though, there is a very basic truth which is usually ignored. When someone had provided something on the board, wherever it may be, we usually say they 'posted something'.

This actually ignores the fact that posting is only hitting the 'post reply' button. Someone actually had to write something first. This is the reason I consider the Collab. forums important. It's the only place in ATS where we are free to practice writing and let our hearts speak without criticism for doing so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join