It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 year old stone carving of the 10 commandments in New Mexico?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am not 100% convinced on this yet.

I have been reading up on the DNA work that is going on with teeth and such. I really think that this might just resolve a lot of questions about where people came from before they lived and more importantly died in certain places.

These are interesting times we are living in.

I have also found that King David was bringing copper from America to build the Temple in Jerusalem. If this was a fact, then there would have been other people from the middle east around as well (missionaries?).

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ok. I' just like to say WTF? The USA, as it is today, was 'discovered' by Europeans a few hundred years ago and if it was the Chinese, earlier. I'm sure they didn't have a clue who Moses was. What respected archeologists are studying this stone carving? The problem I see, is that the USA is a predominantly Christian country, so when something as stupid as this comes along, all the insecure, obsessive, flag waving Americans jump on it.
What significance does the USA have to anything geographically Christian, or even possibly significant? It looks like that stone was carved yesterday.
Real scientists would carbon date the spores etc between the etchings and clarify, roughly the period in which it was carved. What has the data shown on this? Sorry for the rant, but I'm not buying it right now.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
This appears to be a Mormon carving, Ancient languages such as Hebrew where written right to left, not left to right, read link below.

Many languages are written left to right, as you point out... and not all ancient languages were written right to left. However, I disagree -- it's not a Mormon artifact. Had they been faking it, they would have put in some reference that was specifically to the Book of Mormon and not the 10 commandments.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
Thanks nydgan....I know this is off again....The Hopi were also visited by Rainbow children....back in the sixties.

The only reference to "rainbow children" involves hippies. If the Hopi were visited by them, it wasn't significant to their culture... it was just another white man's invasion of their space.

This one was found in Oregon...I think it had Egyptian inscription on it.

So far, all of those I've seen are hoaxes.

That takes us to who used that way of writing? Some missionary from europe, at some point in history when this language was used?

I think the most likely culprit is an evangelical from late 19th century to mid 20th century. The text is actually WRONG (it's a version of Hebrew that didn't exist until after 1400 AD) and any person with a reasonably good library of religious books could have had both the Phoenecian script and the (to them, modern) Hebrew versions of the Bible available to them.

Since the 10 Commandments aren't significant to the Hebrews other than as divisions of the law (they don't write them anyplace), the item is clearly a Christian artifact.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I have also found that King David was bringing copper from America to build the Temple in Jerusalem.

Why would he do that? The Bronze Age began there in the Middle East and they have tons and tons and tons of the stuff. They'd been smelting the ore to pure copper for three thousand years and more before King David's time.
concise.britannica.com...

If this was a fact, then there would have been other people from the middle east around as well (missionaries?).

It's clear from the evidence that there weren't. There's no transplantation of any of the Judaic laws or language or music or technology (Indians would have had bronze spears and swords before 1000 BC if that was the case) or anything else.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I have been reading up on the DNA work that is going on with teeth and such. I really think that this might just resolve a lot of questions about where people came from before they lived and more importantly died in certain places.

These are interesting times we are living in.

I have also found that King David was bringing copper from America to build the Temple in Jerusalem. If this was a fact, then there would have been other people from the middle east around as well (missionaries?).

As Byrd said, in David's time they had better metals than copper for building - Iron, in fact, is mentioned prior to David.

There's also the fact that David did not build the temple in Jerusalem - Solomon did, according to the Bible. On another thread I've already debunked the "lost treasure of Solomon" in New Mexico, if that's what you're thinking of. It's stolen booty from the 19th century.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Interesting side note to this thread, I just got through reading through a wealth of Native American mythology and there are several Flood Myths that are so close to the biblical accounts it's frightening. In one of them, an indian built a great canoe and loaded with pairs of animals just before the great flood, even right down to releasing a bird to find land. One hell of a cooincidence if nothing else.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

One hell of a cooincidence if nothing else.

hell of a coincedence or evidence of christian missionaries
got your occams razor handy ?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Interesting side note to this thread, I just got through reading through a wealth of Native American mythology and there are several Flood Myths that are so close to the biblical accounts it's frightening. In one of them, an indian built a great canoe and loaded with pairs of animals just before the great flood, even right down to releasing a bird to find land. One hell of a cooincidence if nothing else.

You'll also find a lot of stories that are almost identical to the Prometheus story from Greek myth. Divine trickster-hero steals fire from the gods / heavan, brings it to the people shivering in the cold, and even though he's punished for the act, remains noble and unrepentant.

Honestly, these, along with creation myths, tend to be fairly archetypical, endemic to human mythology. It's paralell evolution, not cross-pollenation.

Of course, as Marduk noted, there's the factor that the myths you're reading are post-contact, most likely.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

That's because those legends were recorded AFTER Christian missionaries reached the tribes. The "closer to Bible" versions are what the Native Americans told when trying to explain Christian concepts to their own people (who did not practice Christianity or any religion similar to it.)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

That was on discovery chanel last week. They were talking about how much of the surface copper deposits had been used for weapons etc. and those quaries were tapped out. They needed heavy hoes to find more.

Pure copper was used for decoration in the temple. King David, they said, had to go to America to find enough supplies for the construction. If you check, David had all of the materials gathered, artists trained and ready for Solomon to start construction. David was instructed not to start the construction, but to prepare for it.

Byrd...yes some of those stories do mimick the biblical flood. I also fail to find this a huge revelation at this point.

There is enough evidence that more than 6 people came through a flood. If you could believe that Mt Everest was under water as the Biblical account points out, fine. I find that hard to swallow, myself. It is fairly obvious that more than one group of people came through the flood. It is common sense.

We can also speculate that the Bible of today is not a 100% factual account, but one that is slanted by the Jews, because they thought they were the master race of superior beings chosen by God. (Do you see any other references in this comparison?) They were convinced that the message was only for them. How self serving is that? (More human nature)

I believe that there are quite a few of the original manuscripts for proof of this, in the protection of the Tibetan Monks. These guys came to Jesus's birth. Alexander the Great went to Tibet. There in lies the keys that so many people are searching for.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That was on discovery chanel last week. They were talking about how much of the surface copper deposits had been used for weapons etc. and those quaries were tapped out. They needed heavy hoes to find more.

That kind of mining went on in the area, yes. While the surface copper may have been used in one area, there's really plenty of it around. Copper's very abundant in the old world and there's no evidence (melting down of old copper artifacts, melting down of brass and bronze) that indicates any real shortage of it.

Here's an article on "King Solomon's Mines" -- there was so much copper there that when it was abandoned, there were still storerooms full of copper ore:
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Pure copper was used for decoration in the temple. King David, they said, had to go to America to find enough supplies for the construction.

Solomon's temple wasn't that large that it drained up all the copper in the Old World. Even if you stacked it on the temple in bricks (it would have been set down in sheets), you're talking about at best 3 tons of material. That's not a lot of copper.

Byrd...yes some of those stories do mimick the biblical flood. I also fail to find this a huge revelation at this point.

Yes. After the missionaries came, their tales incorporated Bible stories into local legends. The Cherokees have a number of tales of Jesus as a very bad and mischevous little boy.

I find that hard to swallow, myself. It is fairly obvious that more than one group of people came through the flood. It is common sense.

And there's no evidence of a global flood.

I believe that there are quite a few of the original manuscripts for proof of this, in the protection of the Tibetan Monks. These guys came to Jesus's birth. Alexander the Great went to Tibet. There in lies the keys that so many people are searching for.

Never seen that evidence. Care to point to some of the data?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

there was so much copper there that when it was abandoned, there were still storerooms full of copper ore:

Yes, I know there was a lot left over. David was very adamant about bringing way more than what was needed. After the construction, there was quite a bit of left overs. (they used the exausted mines as store rooms)

There is enough evidence that there was a general world flood at some point. The rest is speculation on your and my part. In fact the things you use to prove your point are for the most part thoughts that are derived from speculation at one point. (people agreeing to agree, nothing more.)

If you really want the truth, I suggest you get a Government approved liscence to conduct remote viewing, and see for yourself. Till you actually go there and see things first hand, this back and forth tug of war will never end.

There are a lot of tribal stories out there. It is just like all of the other things that are talked about in ATS. There is a mix of information and a new story is borne. Kind of like Creation, but what does one believe or reject. I have seen the truth rejected so many times by many different
people. The result is mass confusion.

It will take a big iron to smooth out the mess we have created. That is the mandate for control, confusion. It is going to come in the form of a mass disclosure that people will have no other option but to say, "Yes, I understand now. How could you people do this to me?"

It is mostly time spent poorly, trying to help people with the reality of what went on in the past. I am going to put my time to better use.

Byrd...you are an honourable guy and I thank you for your honesty and fairness.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Byrd...you are an honourable guy and I thank you for your honesty and fairness.

Just so you know Byrd is an honourable lady and a scholar.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There is enough evidence that there was a general world flood at some point

what evidence is this
I have never seen any real geological evidence that would be acceptable in a court of law
what are you thinking about here ?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

what evidence is this
I have never seen any real geological evidence that would be acceptable in a court of law

Time spent rather poorly, don't you think?

I just watched a story about a guy who was convicted of manslaughter and jailed for 20+ years, for something he dodn't do. This was a result of interpreting existing evidence a certain way, which was wrong. They found the real criminal using dna evidence to make things right.

With this evidence you so desperately crave as proof, there will be enough questions to still cause you to doubt the validity of the evidence...Even if it is written in stone.

Some people need to experience things first hand before they can understand what the truth is.

Sory byrd...I should have clued in.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

what evidence is this

Time spent rather poorly, don't you think?

I just watched a story about a guy who was convicted of manslaughter and jailed for 20+ years, for something he dodn't do. This was a result of interpreting existing evidence a certain way, which was wrong. They found the real criminal using dna evidence to make things right.

With this evidence you so desperately crave as proof, there will be enough questions to still cause you to doubt the validity of the evidence...Even if it is written in stone.

Some people need to experience things first hand before they can understand what the truth is.

Sory byrd...I should have clued in.

In other words:

You are refusing to present evidence so the claim is no longer valid?

Thank you, have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

there was so much copper there that when it was abandoned, there were still storerooms full of copper ore:

Yes, I know there was a lot left over. David was very adamant about bringing way more than what was needed. After the construction, there was quite a bit of left overs. (they used the exausted mines as store rooms)

The mines aren't exhausted. Nor are the other mines in Europe. The Greeks were getting their copper locally at the same time as Solomon was building his temple... and so were the Egyptians. If David/Solomon had used up all the copper everywhere in the Old World, there'd be records from other civilizations that they had to buy copper from him and there'd be a sudden lack of weapons and copper/bronze objects.

There isn't.

There is enough evidence that there was a general world flood at some point. The rest is speculation on your and my part.

Actually, no...there's proof that there was not global flood. All you have to do is go look at the rocks and the soil. Floods leave very distincitve traces and sediments and we do see local floods in the geologic record. So we know what they look like.

And that's how we know there wasn't a global flood... the signs never appear on a global scale or even on a very wide (continent-wide) area.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What caused huge piles of bones to collect in certain areas where they would naturaly be put by flood waters, if infact there was some type of flood, mass death, etc.??

I have a lot of questions like this one, that are not able to be answered in the here and now.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

What caused huge piles of bones to collect in certain areas where they would naturaly be put by flood waters, if infact there was some type of flood, mass death, etc.??

Where?

You can't just state something without showing us the evidence.

Please list the name of the site in question along with the evidence to support that flood water would put the bones there.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join