It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to the 3 Amigos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Guys, you know this already, but I wanted to take the time out to say thanks.

You have an excellent message board, the navigation - design, etc are by far better than what you typically find on the net. (this includes member features, etc.)

You can tell when someone puts themselves into something, it shows...S.O.s work in the creation of this board is an example of someone who seems to love what they do.

Yes there are small things here or there, but overall the user experience is good.

I also am really starting to appreciate the ATS blog.

First of all MoveableType seems to be cool.
After using blogger and MySpace recently, it convinced me to keep ATS Blog as my main blog site and use the others as a launching pad with teasers to get people here.

Also, I appreciate what S.O. and the group are doing as far as the business model and how it can positively affect the ATS community as well...

When you dont only look after yourself and what you can get, it actually helps to create more opportunities for what you are doing.

So in short:

Peace

dAlen

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
*sniff sniff*

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Why cant people say nice things about ATS with out someone posting that they're kissing a**.

I mean, damn.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
*sniff sniff*

Looks like you have been here awhile.
This does not appear to go with Terms and Conditions.

I have nothing to gain by writing what I wrote, so how am I kissing a**?

- as I thought, Im not.

I truly appreciate the site, what do you want me to say?...I hate it?

Anyway...

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 15-2-2007 by dAlen]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I fail to see how this is any "brown nosing" attempt. Brown nosing tends to come with a degree of gratuitous praise, but nothing that the OP has mentioned is gratuitous. He has openly praised the amigo's and substantiated exactly why he is praising. Now if he authored a thread proclaiming how "amazing" the amigo's were in some sort of orgasmic and sexual light, I might be inclined to view it as an attempt to "brown nose". But this is nothing more than an appreciative member who is taking a moment to give a much needed thanks to a few individuals who spend countless hours providing a free service to almost 100,000 people.

If someone wishes to throw me a set of pom pom's, feel free. I'll do a little cheer for ATS, any time, any day, any where. ...Just don't expect too much flexibility.

The fact of the matter is, ATS is driven by individuals who truly believe in something. I can not even begin to comprehend the efforts they put forth. Questioned at every corner for the "true intent" of their efforts and criticized by what seems to be every other person that comes through the door. Yet when one appreciative member steps up and attempts to congratulate, we mock him and call him an ass kisser.

Thumbs down to that. Thumbs up to the Amigo's and the OP for taking a moment and paying tribute to people who deserve it. Even if they don't want the recognition all of the time, they deserve it.

"Rah Rah Bip Boo Bah"

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah, no kidding. When the 3 Amigos get shown genuine respect, awe, or gratitude, how could they not appreciate that in exchange for all they do to bring ATS to me and you?

The 3 Amigos rock and they know it. They don't need butt-kissing, but it doesn't mean they don't appreciate being appreciated every once and awhile.

I'll cheer them on, though I'll likely break an ankle (again) doing it!

"Rah Rah Bip Boom Bah"

edited because I'm a looser and don't know how to get the little animated cheering emoticon on here.

*snif* I hate being so technically handicapped.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by 2l82sk8]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Lighten up guys/girles it`s only some humour in this mad sad world.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The butt kissing comment was definitely uncalled for. As others have stated, those 3 guys bust their butts for this site. Any and all thanks and props im sure are greatly appreciated. The fruits of their labors are a great site, with some great members, and of course lets not forget all the great Mods. More and More recently ATS is getting mentioned on radio talk shows, going on TV and getting some great guests in the Podcasts. The progression of this place is heading in a very kewl direction.

Bravo Los Tres Amigos.

Bravo OP for posting this thread.

Bravo Mods and SuperMods

Bravo Members.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by st111

Considering you've only been an active member for 10 days, I think it is suffice to say that you've not come to understand exactly what these guys are doing. Over time maybe you'll notice these efforts and understand why some members take offense to the mocking of those who appreciate what the Amigo's have done, are doing, and will hopefully continue to do.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Okay, he may only be a member for a for a week or so, but he's still right. It was definitely a joke, and I think the Amigos would think of it as such. I'm sure they'll chime in sooner or later.

Besides, I think the original butt kiss comment was, in its own way, an homage to the Amigos.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Considering you've only been an active member for 10 days, I think it is suffice to say that you've not come to understand exactly what these guys are doing. Over time maybe you'll notice these efforts and understand why some members take offense to the mocking of those who appreciate what the Amigo's have done, are doing, and will hopefully continue to do.

My interest lie within govt Disinfo and Cointelpro.Maybe worth referencing here in the Disinfo section and other sites regarding who/what ATS is and who/what the 3 Amigos are.Reference possible Christian Bailey is Simon Grey, Linoln group is ATS.Reference in the Independant news article on Mr Bailey and the Lincoln group.

Maybe when you`ve researched your opinion may become more qualified.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My intent was not to stir anything up.

Maybe this will help clear things up.

After spending time at other boards, blogs, etc., and struggling through what seemed to be a relatively 'sloppy' system, I begin to appreciate the quality (in comparison) I have gotten used to at ATS.

Having been an Art Director, Producer, etc., I appreciate sites that flow...and sadly most sites tend to be "microsoftish". (Nothing against Microsoft...they are not that bad, but they lack the same innovative feel that comes from the likes of Apple. - and yes, this is my opinion, everyone is welcome to one.)

Again, I simply wanted to say thanks...no butt kissing (have no reason, not getting any incentives for complimenting anyone).

It is apparent the effort S.O. puts into the work.
He just got finished making a dark and light version of the site, and right now hes trying to make another version to go along with "dark" - which seems that there is a lot involved with this- to try to make everyone happy.

Personally, I would have designed it for myself and told people to 'bug' off.
Luckily, I suppose, Im not the one incharge of ATS.

Now, ST111 seems to imply there is a motive behind the existence of ATS...in all honesty, motives, conspiracies aside, you cant put your heart into something...unless your heart is in it.
(make sense?
)

I could have well just posted a private message, but I figured the rest of the folks here probably felt the same, and yes it does feel good to know that the creation you put so much time into, is appreciated.

Im an artist, I should know.

Not that anyone needs approval, etc.

And to say it once more, it wasn't meant to be a big deal.
The dude with the head in the butt pic...was it for fun?
Personally, I didn't take it that way. But it is as it is.

Anyway, there you have it.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 15-2-2007 by dAlen]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

My interest lie within govt Disinfo and Cointelpro.Maybe worth referencing here in the Disinfo section and other sites regarding who/what ATS is and who/what the 3 Amigos are.Reference possible Christian Bailey is Simon Grey, Linoln group is ATS.Reference in the Independant news article on Mr Bailey and the Lincoln group.

What does any of that have to do with anything that post is directed towards? Yeah, ATS is COINTELPRO. We know!. It's been said time and time again, disproved time and time again, but continue on down the path. I fail to see the relevance of any of this. Just another indication to how much crap people put up with, and another reason that a degree of thank you is entitled.

In reference to JN's post, yeah I am sure it was just a joke. No harm was intended, that is clear. But my complaint is that at least once a day we run into a thread that is absolutely bashing the website. Bashing the site, the staff, the administrators, the members, and the content. After awhile, it grows on you a little bit. Then a member comes a long to pass on a thank you and is mocked for it. A tad bit frustrating. There is no hard feelings on this, so no drama should be involved, but I was just acknowledging that sometimes it is nice to see a pat on the back rather than a kick in the ass.

To criticize is exercising our freedom of speech, but to praise is nothing more than ass kissing.

If the OP had created this thread to bash ATS in some way, I am positive that a small percentage of our members would of flocked to this thread and rejoiced. But since the intent of the thread was to pay homage, the OP was mocked. Joke or not, I feel it was unnecessary.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
ATS is the best conspiracy site on the net! Heck, ATS/BTS/Above Politics is the best discussion board on the net of any kind, period!

I don't and wouldn't post anywhere else. I don't care what the reason for the site's existence is, the place has taken on a life of its own.

God bless the Three Amigos!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

What does any of that have to do with anything that post is directed towards? Yeah, ATS is COINTELPRO. We know!. It's been said time and time again, disproved time and time again, but continue on down the path. I fail to see the relevance of any of this. Just another indication to how much crap people put up with, and another reason that a degree of thank you is entitled.

I never stated ATS was Cointelpro.That ceased in long time ago.Yes your right this isn`t the place to discuss it.

Thanks for your reply though most enlightening.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The interweb IS all Cointelpro, think about it...well, I'm mean, thats what Al Gore told me. he would know, right? He invented the internet.

oh....and its a series of tubes...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
WoW, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. Al Gore never said he invented the internet.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It doesnt matter what he said! Its wikiality, I think he said it, therefore its true.

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet!"

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
*sniff sniff*

Ah!!! Good times!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I just love that wannabe secret agent man crypto half speak!
Maybe when you've entered REALITY and left the mythological, envious tards behind your opinion will make sense!
Simon Gray is not "Christian Bailey" (who the heck is Christian Bailey?) and I've never heard of the "Lincoln Group" so if I own 1/3 of it it's news to me!

Thanks d'Alen it IS APPRECIATED!
Nevermind John Nada, he's just a peckerwood.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join